well been wanting to build a pure DOS pc for awhile now and i picked up a case and most of the other stuff today. only issue is i can't decide on which one of the 2 motherboards i have so i was looking for some advice. i really want this to be a very late 80's to mid 90's machine. so def pre win95 (already have a dedicated pc for that time period

i'm useing a 200mhz mmx intel but i've been thinking that may be to fast. would it be worth the effort to downgrade to a 120 pent or lower?

the 2 motherboards both socket 7 i have are

PA-2013
this ones nice because it already come with things like the connections for the PS/2 mouse and keyboard. the main thing with useing this is the pure convience for me
1 agp slot (i don't intend to use this)
2 ISA slots
4 PCI slots

Asus VX97
i've been told this is a superior MB but it presents a few issues,. for one it only has a connector for a 5 pin keyboad. everything else i'll have to buy and add on. it also uses a AT power supply which i do not have, thus more stuff to buy
4 ISA slots
4 PCI slots

i really like how the ASUS has 4 ISA slots but the more i think about it will i really need more then 2? i wanted to def do the soundcard ISA since i already have a sound blaster 16 but i figured i would go PCI for the video card (dos supports pci with no problems right?)

i've never acually used DOS to much so i'm really almost a total noob when it comes to dos but i do intend to learn.

any suggestions are appriciated.