Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Trailer, Spoilers in Trailer.

English:
    http://screwattack.com/videos/Mega-Man-10

Japanese:
    http://screwattack.com/videos/Mega-Man-10-2

It doesn't seem like the 3rd playable character is revealed yet but it seems that Roll is eliminated as a possibility.
    Last edited by Urzu402; 12-20-2009 at 03:35 PM.
    What's up with islands? Get more land.
    What's up with deserts? Get less sand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Very very cool...although Robo-enza is the stupidest fake disease name ever.
    Settle down, raise a family, join the PTA
    Buy some sensible shoes and a Chevrolet
    And party 'till you're broke and they drag you away
    It's okay, you can dare to be stupid

Strawberry (Level 2) guitargary75's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As a collector and gamer, GIVE ME A HARD COPY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want a copy I can hold in my hand! Not some digital copy that goes away when my Wii bites the dust! With that said, it looks friggin awesome!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guitargary75 View Post
    As a collector and gamer, GIVE ME A HARD COPY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want a copy I can hold in my hand! Not some digital copy that goes away when my Wii bites the dust! With that said, it looks friggin awesome!

Why are everyone assuming that all digital copy of games downloaded will not carry on to the big N's next console? YES IT WILL I can guarantee it. Do not ask me how they will do it or whatever... but I think it is just non-sense if they don't allow that. We paid for some data, it is ours, it should not be binded to the medium it was downloaded with.

Same for xbla and psn.

I still understand wanting a physical copy, as I am also a collector. But there is a part of me that would be happy if next gen is just digital copy. This way I can continue collecting for all the current and past systems without worrying on what new game is coming out. It just make less things collecting dust, that's all.
    From the Alpha... to the Omega

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guitargary75 View Post
    this! I never bought mega man 9 for this reason!

I do have some downloaded games, but for the most part I will wait and see if they get released on physical disc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by b0ub0u View Post
    Why are everyone assuming that all digital copy of games downloaded will not carry on to the big N's next console? YES IT WILL I can guarantee it.
    And you base this assumption off what? Why do you think the data we've downloaded will be any different than the data on a retail disc? Backwards compatibility was never a given, and now you're saying that not only it is (Would have to be for this DLC to work), but that we'll be able to transfer and keep our content? Talk about making a blind leap.

Backwards compatibility with disc isn't even assured with any console generation, yet alone with this upcoming one (Look at the difficulty and expense MS and Sony had with PS2/Xbox compatibility, with one company failing and the other removing the ability due to expenses). It's quite possible this next generation of consoles won't even be able to play these current games since it will be even more difficult and expensive to achieve than this last time around (Including Nintendo, they can't keep using GameCube hardware as a base forever, which means compatibility on the Wii 2 won't essentially be free like it was this time around).

And without backwards compatibility, these digital titles won't even be able to work if they wanted them to.

So I'm puzzled why you'd think it's a given when there's no precedence for it and these consoles might not even be BC. Plus, I can assure you a company like Nintendo wants to keep reselling something like Super Mario Bros. They didn't sell you the Virtual Console release expecting that you'd own it in perpetuity, they licensed it to you to utilize on a single Nintendo Wii. There's no system in place for you to even transfer a WiiWare or Virtual Console title to another Wii, let alone to another console generation.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 12-22-2009 at 08:48 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Indeed, the whole mess with the PSP2Go and UMD games does not bode well for the future.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by c0ldb33r View Post
    this! I never bought mega man 9 for this reason!

I do have some downloaded games, but for the most part I will wait and see if they get released on physical disc.
    It won't never happen..I'm getting 10 when it's out

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MarioMania View Post
    It won't never happen..I'm getting 10 when it's out
    So by using the double negative, you mean it will happen?
    Last edited by WarLordAG; 12-21-2009 at 08:32 PM.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Press_Start View Post
    Am I the only one that remembers the 8-bit bonus game from ZX Advent?

Nope. That was one of the best parts about the game. You could also use Model a as one of your forms as well.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by WarLordAG View Post
    So by using the double negative, you mean it will happen?
    No, I mean Capcom won't release a Disc version..and I'm DLing when it come's out

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You guys must be smoking something awfully good to hope for these games to come out on disc. Do you have ANY idea how much money they save by not having to pay for production, storage, and distribution? If it wasn't for that, most if not ALL DLC exclusive games would never be released. You guys need to get off the drugs and realize that this is the future of gaming. As internet services improve and become more widespread, the digital medium is replacing the disc. PC gaming is already well on its way to this end, as nearly every available PC game on the market can be purchased and downloaded through clients like Steam, and console services are slowly following. It's going to be fantastic for the gaming market, so quit dawdling and download the damn game already.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SplashChick View Post
    You guys must be smoking something awfully good to hope for these games to come out on disc. Do you have ANY idea how much money they save by not having to pay for production, storage, and distribution? If it wasn't for that, most if not ALL DLC exclusive games would never be released. You guys need to get off the drugs and realize that this is the future of gaming. As internet services improve and become more widespread, the digital medium is replacing the disc. PC gaming is already well on its way to this end, as nearly every available PC game on the market can be purchased and downloaded through clients like Steam, and console services are slowly following. It's going to be fantastic for the gaming market, so quit dawdling and download the damn game already.
    AMEN TO THIS! No more cases collecting dust everything in my appartment =) That way I can concentrate on collecting for past consoles.
    From the Alpha... to the Omega

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm tired of complaing about digital distribution. This is a collector board, so those that don't care about physical release are in the minority here. Can someone else rant for me?

At any rate, I won't complain in THIS case, because it's friggin Mega Man 10. I'm just thankful for what we're getting. Physical releases would be icing on the cake.

I will, however, point out that the Starforce and EXE games see physical release, but (to my knowlege) have a smaller audience. Logic error?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think we'll get these on disc, we've seen plenty of XBLA games on retail disc (Such as Namco's releases like Pac-Man Championship Edition on Namco Museum).

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Capcom later in this generation revisit Mega Man Anniversary Collection from the last generation and do a similar project on current generation consoles, with Mega Man 9 & 10 added into it.

I can't imagine Capcom doing standalone retail releases of these games, but I wouldn't be shocked at all to see a Capcom Mega Man compilation that includes both titles, or to see Capcom cash in on their XBLA library later in this generation (Digital download sales dry up fairly quickly, so things like 1942 and Mega Man 9 aren't getting many new sales now).

They have a large XBLA library that would offer excellent material for a Capcom XBLA compilation.

1942: Joint Strike
    Bionic Commando Rearmed
    Final Fight: Double Impact (Supposed to be coming)
    Magic Sword (Supposed to be coming)
    Marvel vs. Capcom 2
    Mega Man 9
    Mega Man 10
    Rocketmen: Axis of Evil
    Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting
    Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
    Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
    Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3

And probably more that I've forgotten. I'd be shocked to not see Capcom take advantage of these titles when sales slow through inclusion on a retail Capcom compilation (Dedicated to just XBLA titles, or mixed in with other games), like other companies like Namco have done.

I expect we'll have a way to have MM9 and 10 on disc eventually.

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    I'm tired of complaing about digital distribution. This is a collector board, so those that don't care about physical release are in the minority here. Can someone else rant for me?
    I don't think it's so much about "not caring" about a physical release but rather not being personally offended by the lack of one to the point where we'd not play a great game on sheer principle. At some level I think you just have to throw your arms in the air and just take it as it comes. Good and bad, right and wrong, if a game is good I'm going to play it. I don't care how.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RicknSam
    PSN
    howie6925

Is this coming out on the ps3/xbox360, as far as I know(i think) it is only a Wii release. I hope it is not.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post

At any rate, I won't complain in THIS case, because it's friggin Mega Man 10. I'm just thankful for what we're getting. Physical releases would be icing on the cake.

I will, however, point out that the Starforce and EXE games see physical release, but (to my knowlege) have a smaller audience. Logic error?
    Demanding a source for that, because it sounds like a load of shit to me.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    I don't think it's so much about "not caring" about a physical release but rather not being personally offended by the lack of one to the point where we'd not play a great game on sheer principle. At some level I think you just have to throw your arms in the air and just take it as it comes. Good and bad, right and wrong, if a game is good I'm going to play it. I don't care how.
    This. Seriously, that's like the lamest reason to not play a game ever.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by SplashChick View Post
    Demanding a source for that, because it sounds like a load of shit to me.
    You sure like demanding sources.