Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I have to post this, It's funny as hell(debate about DLC)

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    To kupomogli: Um you're joking right? Square has 2 CC games on wiiware(Crystal Chronicles)
    Well that's why. No one cares about the Wii obviously. I guess Square Enix thinks that since people were dumb enough to buy a system with no games, then people might purchase a bunch of DLC for the specific system.

I'm kidding, there are people who care about the Wii. Even if it has no games.

I wouldn't think DLC on a game like My Life As King makes much of an argument. The game itself is DLC as it's a Wiiware title and doesn't come on disc. The game also sucks regardless, so yeah.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Well that's why. No one cares about the Wii obviously. I guess Square Enix thinks that since people were dumb enough to buy a system with no games, then people might purchase a bunch of DLC for the specific system.

I'm kidding, there are people who care about the Wii. Even if it has no games.

I wouldn't think DLC on a game like My Life As King makes much of an argument. The game itself is DLC as it's a Wiiware title and doesn't come on disc. The game also sucks regardless, so yeah.
    The PS3 is the system that sucks, if it wasn't for NIS, and ATLUS(Disgaea 3, and Demon's Souls), the PS3 wouldn't have a single game worth playing.

PS. DLC, and a game being Down Loaded are two very different things(omg Isn't that the truth, out of all Square's ***** games, that's easily one of the worse ones).
    Last edited by Zoltor; 12-12-2009 at 08:02 PM.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by SegaAges View Post
    From every 360 game I have played, you can get the full 1000 ach points without any dlc. So you are not missing out on anything special from not getting dlc.

Just don't buy it if you don't support it. I don't see what the big deal about it is. It is that simple.

Go play Beautiful Katamari. You can't get all cousins or presents or even have enough 'mass' to roll up 1,500,000KM achievements without getting DLC levels. With the DLC then, not only can you finally hit the 1k, it then gives you an extra 250, bumping the game to a 1250 game. The kicker with that game is that all the stuff is ON the disc. You're downloading 700kb files that 'open' up the new levels.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Word of warning Zoltor, kupomogli is the biggest Sony fanboy north of the equator. Every key pressed by his sweaty, Cheetos cheese-laden fingers is empowered with completely blind hatred for anything not by Sony and utter orgasmic delight for everything that Sony does. His main goal in life is to blow enough hot air into the atmosphere, so it melts the icecaps enough to submerge Nintendo Japan HQ underwater. Secondary directives include mastering generation of several thousand word walls of text with nothing of worth within them; being angry at videogame reviewers who are angry and massaging Ken Kuturagi's prostate. His main defense to your argument will be to mention the Wii and mention how he uses it to scrape out his rectum of any shitnuggets and kickbacks from SCEA that he gets, since there is no way anyone with a half a brain cell can be this colorblind to the gaming scene without gobs of dough being left in his colon command center.

Let this be a warning as you continue with your momentarily interrupted troll feast.
    Last edited by portnoyd; 12-12-2009 at 08:28 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default sage

Hae gaiz whuts oin on in heer?

expansions and mini-expansions = gud
    dlc for hats and shinies = okay for people with way too much commitment to a game and not enough sense
    on-disc DLC or DLC that changes game mechanics for advantage= satan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    Word of warning Zoltor, kupomogli is the biggest Sony fanboy north of the equator.
    You always say that, but I have atleast four times as many DS games I have PS3 games. I'd also still own a 360 if it wasn't for the fact that it only has about five or so exclusive titles I care about, two of which are on a single disc now(GTA.)

The only time I ever bash the 360 is when it's about XBOX Live. I like being able to play online without having to pay $50 a year when it makes no difference between systems other than cross game chat. When the best games on the 360 and PS3 are multiplatform, it really doesn't matter what system you choose.

*edit*

I should add portnoyd to my PSN friends list.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 12-12-2009 at 09:18 PM.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Street Fighter 4 sucks ass. Completed C. Vipers second hard trial but it didn't mark the Thunder Knuckle Cancel when I clearly did it.

Pure bullshit.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The PS3 is the system that sucks, if it wasn't for NIS, and ATLUS(Disgaea 3, and Demon's Souls), the PS3 wouldn't have a single game worth playing.
    Wow....seriously wow. Y'know, the last time I responded to one of your posts, I thought I'd have a little fun with things. Apparently it was too much for someone and they labeled it "fighting" () and cried to a mod to lock the thread. No big deal really, as I said in that thread, I did get a little out of hand with the "humor".

I would have just left well enough alone and let you and kupomogli have your little circle jerk "fighting" session but I couldn't ignore the quote above. I'm sorry, but that had to be one of the STUPIDEST things I'd ever seen typed on a message board. It's one thing to be a fan of NIS/Atlus (surprise surprise I am as well) but you're soooooooooooo far up their poop chute that when they pick their noses, there's an imprint of your face on their boogers.

So far they've collectively released...what, three games between the two of them on PS3, right? Cross Edge, Disgaea 3, and Demon's Souls. I'll concede with you that all three of those games are entertaining but to say they're the ONLY three worthwhile games....no, put the crack pipe down. Here, I'll even do you one better, I'll list four games that IMO are just as good as those three and definitely worth owning a PS3 for (since they're console exclusives)...

Little Big Planet
    Uncharted
    Uncharted 2
    Valkyria Chronicles

Nevermind any titles that are on both XB360 and PS3 that are worth owning. I'll let others chime in with some of those. At any rate, what I've managed to glean from your posts so far is you're an absolute Atlus/NIS mark, you have a hate on for Square (not Square-Enix, just Square like they're the only part of the equation) and to a lesser degree you think Gamestop is the devil (which I wouldn't ordinarily challenge except you offered up some replies last time that were cringeworthy and had me wondering if you walk around in a tinfoil hat).

I'm sure this response will be glossed over like before or replied to with the usual inane banter but I had 15 minutes to burn before going to sleep.

PS. DLC, and a game being Down Loaded are two very different things(omg Isn't that the truth, out of all Square's ***** games, that's easily one of the worse ones).
    I don't even give a flip about the argument at hand at this point. Most people have already done a good job of covering the bases for the subject already. One can only hope that it's sooner than later that you join the club that includes such illustrious members such as Fighter17 and Diosoth.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To Flashback2012: When debating about rather or not, a system sucks, the only thing that matters is Exclusive titles, not multi platform, otherwise I would've mentioned Soul Caliber 4(which is probally hands down the best in the series), as well as potentially some other games.
    Last edited by Zoltor; 12-12-2009 at 11:20 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

To Flashback2012: When debating about rather or not, a system sucks, the only thing that matters is Exclusive titles, not multi platform, otherwise I would've mentioned Soul Caliber 4(which is probally hands down the best in the series), as well as potentially some other games.
    I'm sorry, but this has nothing to do with the topic of this thread and as the OP, you need to be more focused and appropriate in your handling of this discussion.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback2012 View Post
    Wow....seriously wow. Y'know, the last time I responded to one of your posts, I thought I'd have a little fun with things. Apparently it was too much for someone and they labeled it "fighting" () and cried to a mod to lock the thread. No big deal really, as I said in that thread, I did get a little out of hand with the "humor".
    "Cried"? Really?

You people started fighting in a thread I started to figure out why a game was so expensive when others in the same series were not. I see the same is happening here.

This isn't an unmoderated forum hidden in the bowels of GameFAQs, kids. Cut it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Who fucking cares. If the game has DLC and you don't like it don't buy it.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darkslime View Post
    Who fucking cares. If the game has DLC and you don't like it don't buy it.
    Except that some of us actually play and collect games and we now have no choice because companies like Capcom are requiring us to buy things like multiplayer to have the complete game. As long as people don't complain too much and keep buying the stuff, the more common this practice will become. So, I care. If you don't care, there's no need to post here and be a jerk about it.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have to put the kabosh on this since it's starting to derail the thread from the original topic (though given the OP and his stance on said topic, that might not be a bad thing). Okay champ, let's use your parameters here... a system's worth is only determined by it's exclusive titles and cross-platform titles (good or not) don't factor into the equation.

The question then becomes, how many exclusives does a system need before it becomes "worth" owning? One? Five? Ten? Twenty? Fifty? How many do YOU, Zoltor, feel is enough to merit purchase?

By your own admission that is all great and holy with NIS/Atlus, there's three titles right off the bat.Cross Edge, Disgaea 3, and Demon's Souls. Is the PS3 worth owning at this point? No? I need MOAR exclusives?

How about if we throw in the four I mentioned...Valkyria Chronicles, Uncharted, Uncharted 2, and Little Big Planet. That brings us up to seven. No? Still not enough...Okay, lemme dig some more....

Let's add in Folklore, Ratchet and Clank, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, Gran Turismo 5, and Infamous. What's that bring us to now? Thirteen? Is that enough yet?

I'm sure at least kupomogli would agree with me that it's enough and I'd like to think the majority of people who post on here would also agree and would strive to own (or already own) 8-10 of the titles I mentioned for their PS3 collection. If you don't or don't feel it's enough (or whatever mundane reasoning you might come up with next), then I'm sorry, but there's just no pleasing you and no amount of "just the facts" is going to convince you the PS3 is little better than a paperweight (your own words from a different topic).

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    "Cried"? Really?

You people started fighting in a thread I started to figure out why a game was so expensive when others in the same series were not. I see the same is happening here.
    I knew dropping the word "cried" would illicit a response out of you. I already apologized to you in the other thread about going a little overboard with the "humor" so that's all you get I'm afraid.

Actually what is really humorous is your definition of "fighting". I was merely having fun at Zoltor's expense, using "humor" to help me illustrate my points and expose his arguments as the baseless statements they were. All in all though, it was actually quite harmless. You're free to disagree with that viewpoint and if you do, I'd seriously have to wonder if you have something long and stick-like jammed in a place where sunshine doesn't have a lot of access to.

This isn't an unmoderated forum hidden in the bowels of GameFAQs, kids. Cut it out.
    Thank you Captain Obvious! The URL bar in my browser window was the first thing that gave away the fact I was on www.digitpress.com. Okay seriously now, I'd argue that my replies to his posts were downright tame compared to some of the exchanges I've seen posted in other threads (go find a few politically slanted ones to see what I'm talking about). Hell, I absolutely love Portnoyd's blunt and straightforward posts as much as the next person, but he cuts kupomogli's Sony fanaticism to pieces in this very thread! Where's the Calexican outrage and butthurt over that exchange? Oh I see...he's one of the kids that also needs to cut it out.

As for the moderation on these boards, I think the mods here do a GREAT job and I'd like to think I'm posting within the boundaries of acceptability. If I'm not, then I'm sure a moderator would be the first to tell me so. I've derailed this thread enough already, I know I'm guilty of that so I'll shut up and hopefully this thread can get back on topic.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gotta disagree with you there, champ. Cross-platform titles can be very, very different on different systems in terms of graphical quality, sound, and content and therefore should be factored into the worth of a system.

Examples:
    Mortal Kombat for the SNES is inferior to the Genesis version in part because of the lack of blood in the SNES version.

Doom for 32X has some of the most awful sound imaginable, but on the SNES it sounds great (admittedly nowhere near the PC version, but damn good none the less).

Hell, the very fact that developers are porting the game to that system can be a big deal when one or more systems of the generation are left out. The fact that a lot of games are made for Xbox 360 and PS3 but not the Wii shows the relative worth of the system (and yes, I realize the Wii has sold a lot more units, but I feel it says a lot when a lot of the big cross-platform titles are left off of it).
    Settle down, raise a family, join the PTA
    Buy some sensible shoes and a Chevrolet
    And party 'till you're broke and they drag you away
    It's okay, you can dare to be stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback2012 View Post
    Thirteen? Is that enough yet?
    Don't forget 3d Dot Game Heroes. It's being released by Atlus also.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor
    It's funny
    It's not funny
    paradox

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As an avid fighting game fan, I am MORALLY OFFENDED by this remark!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Oh my, this thread has changed drastically, so I guess the topic of DLC has ended then?

....... otherwise I would've mentioned Soul Caliber 4(which is probally hands down the best in the series), as well as potentially some other games.
    Soul Caliber 4 was a disappointment, Soul Caliber 2 is easily the best in the series.

Just thought I'd throw that in.
    Last edited by exit; 12-13-2009 at 07:23 PM.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zthun
    PSN
    Zthun
    Steam
    Zthun

I was hoping to continue the debate about DLC, but man, the OP just completely derailed this thread into a PS3 vs. other systems thread.

It's like if you were on craigslist and someone messaged you saying they wanted to give you some poon, and then you go over to said persons house and said person has no poon and sticks a giant ron jeremy johnson in your face. I think you'd be pretty pissed too.