Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Madden 09 ds

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darkslime View Post
    The game goes for so much because EA is done making sports titles for handhelds. This will be the last handheld madden game ever made.

As someone who's only income is from flipping video games, its actually bad when prices go down.
    That's a good point, EA is also done making games for the Genesis so any copy for that system should be worth at least $40 complete. Any takers? I'm guessing they aren't making any more for handhelds because there isn't enough demand for them, they like money so if they could make enough I'm sure they would have continued.

I too would like to have enough income just from flipping games, but it's not possible for me so I got a job. Wishing all the best to those who are able to support themselves that way, though if it doesn't work out for you anymore I won't cry a river. I do feel it's different to flip games on ebay compared to opening up a game store/flea market booth as it's more work to run an actual type of business and dealing with customers in person. I won't get into that anymore as it would probably derail the thread further.

It would've held at $50 if no one posted a topic about it on a public forum...
    Or if the minimum wage was suddenly raised to $40 an hour.

There's only a certain number of people who would be willing to spend that much for Madden 09, once they all get copies the price would go down. It's a Madden game, not Panzer Dragoon Saga/Snatcher/any game that's incredibly good and won't get another version of it the next year for any other console.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

It would've held at $50 if no one posted a topic about it on a public forum...
    Geez you're a baby.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My concern is what will be done with this new found power of the Digital Press forums. If they can effect the world of eBay pricing, who knows what's next? I think that I will start a thread about how I need a raise. My boss will see it and WHAMMO!! the power of the Digital Press forums will get me my raise. If it works, I will donate some of the proceeds to some worthy cause.

JY

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I'm gonna try it out.

*ahem*

ONE DOLLAR IS NOW WORTH FIVEHUNDRED MEXICAN PESOS!

/me wishes this to come true
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This happens all the time. For awhile I was buying up Wii Sports for $10 and flipping it for $40+ on Amazon. Eventually, the price went down to "not worth it." But I actually had some bitch me out for doing that. I always laugh about that. If you can't find a game for a reasonable price, you just aren't looking hard enough. I've gotten Panzer Dragoon Saga at a (relatively) reasonable price (as well as Dragon Warrior IV, Guardian Heroes, etc etc). You just have be patient and keep looking. Whining about people who make some extra money (to take care of their family!) isn't going to get you that game any cheaper. *shakes head* But what do I know, Im a blood sucking leech.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Banana (Level 7) SamuraiSmurfette's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This was a few days before new copies showed up. There were a couple people that had it on amazon new for $150 and they were selling, then someone who I know for a fact is from here because their amazon username is the same as the name here posted copies for $99 and lowered the price.
    *copy

I sold one. You can't blame a market crash on me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DKTheArcadeRat

Complaining about stuff nobody cares about.
    But...I do believe I've seen you do some serious price jacking on items and other such things. Just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    ebay is the only way to price things in my opinion.
    i was like nice parenting, what are you my therapist, take a walk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Quote Originally Posted by mobiusclimber View Post
    This happens all the time. For awhile I was buying up Wii Sports for $10 and flipping it for $40+ on Amazon. Eventually, the price went down to "not worth it." But I actually had some bitch me out for doing that. I always laugh about that. If you can't find a game for a reasonable price, you just aren't looking hard enough. I've gotten Panzer Dragoon Saga at a (relatively) reasonable price (as well as Dragon Warrior IV, Guardian Heroes, etc etc). You just have be patient and keep looking. Whining about people who make some extra money (to take care of their family!) isn't going to get you that game any cheaper. *shakes head* But what do I know, Im a blood sucking leech.
    Do you know why Wii Sports went down? The flips thread on CAG. The same reason network adapters went from a steady $65 flip to about $50.

Apple (Level 5) Shadow Kisuragi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

In all honesty, the price will not stand.
    There are about 10 copies in local GameStops here going for $17.99.

Market determines the price and there will be more supply than demand. I agree that this thread will not help you if people decide to flip their easily obtained copies of Madden 09 DS, but that's par for the course on flipping games.

...now to flood the market with copies of Madden 09 DS and ensure that copies only sell for $5 moving forward, just like it took 6+ months for Space Adventure to come back down to reasonable prices because of desperate people purchasing it for $130.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do you know why Wii Sports went down? The flips thread on CAG. The same reason network adapters went from a steady $65 flip to about $50.
    I doubt that's the reason. I think people started to realize they could call Nintendo and get a copy for the price of shipping, or that Gamestop had them for $10 apiece. I never expected them to LAST at that price, and I wasn't surprised at all when the price dropped. There were ALWAYS a ton of people selling them, whether at $50 or $15.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    I'm gonna try it out.

*ahem*

ONE DOLLAR IS NOW WORTH FIVEHUNDRED MEXICAN PESOS!

/me wishes this to come true
    Oh! Me Too!

Megan Fox wants to jump my junk.

/me waits

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Are you seriously still looking for someone to agree with you? You were trying to make money off a game that Nintendo gave to every single person that bought a Wii for free. That game is literally the most common game ever released in the history of video games at this point and you're shocked that it's not worth $50?

You are involved in a highly volatile business (although I hesitate to call it that because I'm guessing you don't have a seller's permit and don't pay taxes on your gains) and nobody here has any sympathy for you because you rely on the laziness or stupidity of desperate parents just trying to please their kids during the holidays. This is a site and community for collector's and people who generally help each other out. There really isn't a place for people looking to profit at the expense or others. Perhaps you should try Slickdeals or Fatwallet instead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Are you seriously still looking for someone to agree with you? You were trying to make money off a game that Nintendo gave to every single person that bought a Wii for free. That game is literally the most common game ever released in the history of video games at this point and you're shocked that it's not worth $50?
    The game was worth $50 at one point because people buy used Wiis. The price went down because people on CAG were alerted of the flip and all the tards there have to undercut each other.

You are involved in a highly volatile business (although I hesitate to call it that because I'm guessing you don't have a seller's permit and don't pay taxes on your gains) and nobody here has any sympathy for you because you rely on the laziness or stupidity of desperate parents just trying to please their kids during the holidays. This is a site and community for collector's and people who generally help each other out. There really isn't a place for people looking to profit at the expense or others. Perhaps you should try Slickdeals or Fatwallet instead.
    I do pay taxes on my profits, assumptions make an ass out of you and me. I wouldn't call what I do taking advantage of the stupidity. Most of those parents are far from stupid, but they just want to get their kids presents and have enough disposable income to buy my stuff. Not everyone is as thrifty as us on this forum and has the time to go hunting for cheap video games, it is much easier for them to just look on ebay and getit to their kids by christmas.

How is alerting people Madden 09 is expensive helping anyone here out if you are all against flipping games? I bet no one in this thread wants madden 09 ds for their collection... I go on this site instead of slickdeals and fatwallet because I also collect video games, and it is a great site other than assholes like you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DKTheArcadeRat

Quote Originally Posted by darkslime;1656924nd
    it is a great site other than assholes like myself.
    Quoted for truth.
    ebay is the only way to price things in my opinion.
    i was like nice parenting, what are you my therapist, take a walk

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Any money you earn through trade is fine and dandy, but bitching about this type of shit is stupidity. You can make a living flipping, but you are never going to be able to arrest the market to your whim. Quit trying. Read the market to make your money. If you try and command the market, you're going to fail and fail hard.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    kefkalol

network adapters are down to about $35 now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

...this thread has degraded into a flame war more than it has an actual discussion.

I wouldn't mind adding Madden 09 DS to my collection btw. I have personal reasons for that. I wouldn't pay $50 to do so, considering that the game is just a souped up game of paper football, but apparently people will pay it because they want to give their football-loving kid a portable football game.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Both the threads that have popped up about this subject are such a waste of complaining. It's like trying to bitch about the stock of a company going down because everyone found out they had bad business practices. It's not something that can be controlled. Capitalism is competition. If someone can offer a lower price for a product and undercut the market, GOOD FOR THEM. It offers a larger stock and better prices to everyone. If one or two people can't make a killing off something that should be EASY to obtain, then too bad! Move on to something else, or find a steady job that you can rely on.

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Kisuragi View Post
    It's the last handheld Madden (excluding Mobile phones) and probably had a limited print run. That's all I've got...
    While I'm the furthest thing from a Madden player...I'm very very confused by this statement and I can't find any info to support it.

...and if Madden 2009 is the last "handheld" Madden, why is Madden 2010 on PSP?
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    While I'm the furthest thing from a Madden player...I'm very very confused by this statement and I can't find any info to support it.

...and if Madden 2009 is the last "handheld" Madden, why is Madden 2010 on PSP?
    I forget that PSP is a handheld at times