Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Most of my HUGE video game collection got donated to a thrift store!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kemmer View Post
    Also, I'm sure nobody has any spare Arcadia 2001s sitting around, but if anyone has any duplicates of any old games they wouldn't mind parting with for the cost of shipping PLEASE let me know. The only way I'm gonna keep my sanity in this situation is to start getting my collection going again, even if just a bunch of super common 2600 games.
    Really?

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You seriously have to tell her you don't want to be with her, Nothing against you but I have a feeling you don't want to leave her. But stuff like this will continue to happen man.

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

divorce that bitch son...

edit: you know what i just realized? you still end up losing even after the divorce, so i've come up with a better plan after putting on my lead based thinking cap.

take a quick inventory of anything of value she has, sentimental or otherwise....i think u can see where im going with this, either give it away as it'll help your "eye for an eye" arguement afterwards, or sell it to help fund your future gaming endeavours, and if all else fails, cut the brake lines to her car...i dunno, im fresh out of ideas....rape her? iono

ooohhh ooohhh! burn her closet down, every single last item, but dont take responsibility, as that can incur the wrath of johnny lawman and his boomstick....when she asks what happened, just give her the look, that deep, knowing look...and walk away.

her case will never hold up in court, no fucking way.

again...fucking sucks what happened to u bro, good luck with that
    Last edited by LaughingMAN.S9; 12-16-2009 at 10:17 PM.
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheDomesticInstitution View Post
    Really?
    Yeah, I know it's a lot to ask since I've never posted here before, but a month ago I had 15+ copies of some games and I wouldn't think twice about hooking up a dude that got screwed over. I have like 4 2600 consoles still, but 0 games. Fucking blows.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm sorry, but I can't understand why you'd marry a woman who apparently (based solely on this post):

-doesn't respect you
    -doesn't respect your passions
    -doesn't respect your stuff.

While it's horrible that she did this and regardless of whether or not you're leaving out details, I really can't get over the fact that you chose to marry someone who threw things of yours out because she didn't like them. Seriously, if my fiancee ever took my shit and threw it out without first talking to me about it, World War III would start.
    Settle down, raise a family, join the PTA
    Buy some sensible shoes and a Chevrolet
    And party 'till you're broke and they drag you away
    It's okay, you can dare to be stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Also, she has done stuff like this before, just never to this extent. She has thrown away shirts of mine that she didn't like, she threw away my bowling pin cause she thought it was dumb and she got rid of a vintage Tonka fire truck because she was worried about lead paint (it was made in the 70s, long after lead paint was used in toys).
    Homework for you:

Watch The Hangover, pay attention to the dentist guy, ignore rest of movie, and see what him and his bitch lady come to.

You'll get the message right off the bat, man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

While my initial reaction was to spout off stuff like divorce, revenge, and such, I believe a more level head is what's required. Take a deep breath and count to ten. Your never going to get any of your stuff back again. Let it sink in, get even more angry, but let the rage wash off and ask yourself some questions. What's more important to you, your collection or your marridge? Now, the next question to ask is, what's your roll in this relationship? You have a curfew? Are you a husband or a child? With this, you need to talk to your wife. Dont scream, dont rage, just ask her why she did it? Ask her why she doesnt respect you, your interests, your hobbies, or your stuff? It's obvious that how you viewed the relationship and how she did is drasticly different.

I dont see you having much legal stance due to her being your wife. Maybe you have a leg to stand on but chances are good your marridge is over the moment you bring charges against her. Chances are good it's over reguardless and your not revealing what ever could lead her to give you a cerfew to begin with. What ever it may be, that was a cold determined declaration that she's done with you.

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Here is my question - why did you have 20 NES systems? Why do you need all those dupes? You only have two hands.
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What is this, 4chan? Think about what you guys are saying!

Obviously, you and your wife aren't on the same ground when it comes to hobbies, but that's nothing to get divorced over. Yes, she has disrespected you by disrespecting your hobbies and possessions, but have you explained it to her that way?

I'm more disgusted with the replies in this thread than I am with the OP's wife. The only thing you know about the situation is that she threw away some of his stuff. Absolutely nothing else has been laid on the table, but you're immediately shouting "divorce that bitch," and "tell her you don't want to be with her." Did HE say that he doesn't want to be with her?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Get with us after your wife/gf destroys shit you care about.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    her partially exposed butthole offends my christian sensibilities yet makes me want to play jet force gemini

<skaar> Let's triforce our dicks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

That is horrible to hear for what happened your collection. I can't help you get back your collection since the chain doesn't have a store near me.

I think there might be more to this than your letting on though since your wife has done similar stuff to you before, but not to this extent.

I can't tell you how to handle your wife as a result for what happened to your games. I not on your side, but I am not on wife's side either.

Getting a divorce over selling games sounds silly to me though.
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 12-16-2009 at 10:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Discussion -> Victory

Really, all of this could've been avoided by saying "I'm keeping this and that and this is why." If you already had a talk about this, you'd better let her know this was close to driving you over the edge.

Terrible that all that stuff got thrown away most likely. Ouch.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Porksta View Post
    Here is my question - why did you have 20 NES systems? Why do you need all those dupes? You only have two hands.
    Because sometimes you have to buy an entire system to get 1 or 2 games cause they come in a bundle. At one point I sold a lot of this stuff on ebay for profit, and to fund my collecting hobby. I even had a game trading website for a year or two and a big display case full of games on consignment at a vintage clothing store.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuyukaze View Post
    While my initial reaction was to spout off stuff like divorce, revenge, and such, I believe a more level head is what's required. Take a deep breath and count to ten. Your never going to get any of your stuff back again. Let it sink in, get even more angry, but let the rage wash off and ask yourself some questions. What's more important to you, your collection or your marridge? Now, the next question to ask is, what's your roll in this relationship? You have a curfew? Are you a husband or a child? With this, you need to talk to your wife. Dont scream, dont rage, just ask her why she did it? Ask her why she doesnt respect you, your interests, your hobbies, or your stuff? It's obvious that how you viewed the relationship and how she did is drasticly different.

I dont see you having much legal stance due to her being your wife. Maybe you have a leg to stand on but chances are good your marridge is over the moment you bring charges against her. Chances are good it's over reguardless and your not revealing what ever could lead her to give you a cerfew to begin with. What ever it may be, that was a cold determined declaration that she's done with you.
    Yep, we fight about things like me going out with friends and my collection of console games, my arcades, motorcycles, and bicycles. I have a lot of hobbies, and me spending time on other things makes her insecure. She gives me the whole "you love your stuff more than me line all the time."

It's the same thing when I go out with friends or race/ride bikes. We have kids so it isn't always possible for us to go out together, and not only that but she doesn't usually even want to attend bike stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by NayusDante View Post
    What is this, 4chan? Think about what you guys are saying!

Obviously, you and your wife aren't on the same ground when it comes to hobbies, but that's nothing to get divorced over. Yes, she has disrespected you by disrespecting your hobbies and possessions, but have you explained it to her that way?

I'm more disgusted with the replies in this thread than I am with the OP's wife. The only thing you know about the situation is that she threw away some of his stuff. Absolutely nothing else has been laid on the table, but you're immediately shouting "divorce that bitch," and "tell her you don't want to be with her." Did HE say that he doesn't want to be with her?
    I definitely wouldn't leave her over something like this, after all it's just stuff. I'm still not sure how to deal with it though, I'm not about to go out and trash her stuff because that wouldn't get my stuff back and it wouldn't fix the relationship.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

She gives me the whole "you love your stuff more than me line all the time." [...]

I definitely wouldn't leave her over something like this, after all it's just stuff.
    Reading over what you wrote...no, it's not about the stuff. You're deluding yourself if you think that's the case because what you wrote she said explicitly denies that. Get some counseling fast because this is just going to happen again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro View Post
    Discussion -> Victory

Really, all of this could've been avoided by saying "I'm keeping this and that and this is why." If you already had a talk about this, you'd better let her know this was close to driving you over the edge.
    I agree with you on this because my parents are prime examples of this.

My parents are still married and both of them Collect stuff. My parents even help each for collecting stuff that they are interest in. I am in my early 30's and that says something. They always been open to discuss stuff with each other.
    Last edited by 7th lutz; 12-16-2009 at 11:08 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro View Post
    Discussion -> Victory

Terrible that all that stuff got thrown away most likely. Ouch.
    Oh, we had that discussion plenty of times and I had agreed to sell off all the duplicate stuff. I sold a few things here and there, and even gave a bunch of it away. But there was a LOT of stuff, and I didn't make much of a dent in all honesty. In her mind, not doing what I said I would do gave her license to just get rid of it all herself, I guess.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

Listen, if you're not going to leave her, ok. If you're not going to get revenge by getting rid of her stuff, ok. If you're not going to be respected by her, not ok. You have to do something man, or this will just happen again. Seeing a shrink/counselor might help things, and then again, it might not. Might as well use that shrink/counselor money to buy games. She did this knowing how devastated you'd be, and that's just wrong. I've been in situations very similar to this, and when it comes to my stuff, I'm not a push over, and you shouldn't be either.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Last edited by kemmer; 12-17-2009 at 12:36 AM.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good job!
    "If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thread of the year candidate? This is full of the lulz.

Yeah, this thread would be far more suitable on 4chan than here. I suspect this is a big troll, or some guy trying to scam people out of their games (though that obviously isn't working). I can't imagine any other reasons to sign up to a forum just to post drama.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them