Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Most of my HUGE video game collection got donated to a thrift store!

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

Hey, I think someone found his stuff:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139277

Pretzel (Level 4) understatement's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

All I can say about this thread is I have been through a lot: house fire, robberies, and hurricanes insurance will only pay for so much and the deductible is a bitch to come up with. With all that has happened in my life I have never once asked anyone to give me shit for free not even “super common 2600 games”!

This has got to be someone from craigslist that posts that his 4 year old daughter would like a CIB copy of EarthBound for Xmas but he doesn’t have a job to get it so he wants it for free.

so IBTL and all that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kemmer View Post
    Also, I'm sure nobody has any spare Arcadia 2001s sitting around, but if anyone has any duplicates of any old games they wouldn't mind parting with for the cost of shipping PLEASE let me know. The only way I'm gonna keep my sanity in this situation is to start getting my collection going again, even if just a bunch of super common 2600 games.
    Yeah, please post your mailing address, we'd all love to send you stuff . . .

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Gapporin

I call Sha-Na-Na-gens!

Last edited by Gapporin; 12-17-2009 at 12:07 PM.
    "I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Either way...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    TurboArkhan

buy her a present:

A large box filled with things she really likes.

Then when shes all excited about it and thanking you and thinks youre not mad at her anymore.

light it on fire.

if you're feeling adventurous, push her in.

lol

Aetherbyte: PC-Engine and more homebrew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Honestly It sounds like you and your wife have major issues. First off I can say she probably feels you should try and spend more time with HER than your motorcycles and friends. You said you have kids and don't get to go our often that doesn't mean you can't stay in. I'm NOT taking her side, just speculating on what she may feel. Second, her insecuities are her excuse to try and run you over all the time, she probably feels you're constantly trying to do the same to her. Go to a counsellor if you want this relationship to survive with out one of you being horribly murdured by the other.

What she did was inexcusable and needs to be adressed in a VERY serious way. DO NOT just let it blow over, dont let your anger lead you but don't let the situation just dissapear. let her know its not about the stuff (even though it really kind of is) but the principle of it. She was very childish in what she did, and she should feel ashamed to have acted that way, life is not some crappy day time tv show where everything sorts its self out no matter what the wife does to the husband or vice versa.
    I would say go throw out a bunch of her things (or hide them in storage for a while), but that would be like fighting fire with fire. Your stuff is gone, I'm sure there is little hope of getting it back unless you plan your family vaccation to be a road trip to every thrift store in that chain. Even then can you really prove what is your's? do you have pictures or serial numbers on everything?
    Don't talk to her for a while, sleep on the couch, refuse to eat her food and make your own... whatever your anger tactic are remeber you have to end that some time, how easy will it bee to start talking to her again when both feel alienated and disconnected? Find a way to make consequences of her actions known with out destroying your relationship. Talking to a third party who doesn't know either of you, like a counsellor, is probably THE ONLY way to get over this horrible speed bump and not come out the other end with a worse off relationship, or the status quo (which is not a option because it obviously is not working).

Anyway that is just my opinion, and unfortunately I don't have duplicates of anything to give you. My collection was attacted (though it was very small) and I'm basically starting over aswell for my nes and snes (atari wasn't touched thank goodness). Good luck starting it over though... maybe eventually once she realised the sevarity of the situation and what implications it has on your relationship you can include your wife in it. Help her right her wrong by hunting down games together, educating her on them... just a suggestion, it may sound stupid but maybe if shes really sorry about it and you help her realise you DO love her she will be willing to make it a "together" thing rather than a YOU thing that she feels threatend by.

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DeadlyMaple
    PSN
    DeadlyMaple
    Steam
    some.nerd

Two words:
    Judge Judy.

Also, that's royal BS. I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

You should poop on her face while she's asleep.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

If true, I'm guessing that the real backstory as to why she'd be so pissed was left out. Maybe he was bangin some hooker and his wife found out?

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

First it's the games to go. Then.... it's your penis.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Startin' From Scratch Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm View Post
    I think you should go to Burger King and eat some chicken tenders.

Then go have sex with a horse.

What is he, the next Governor of Alabama?

THANK YOU, I'M HERE ALL NIGHT!
    -AB+

Holy crap. It's been a while.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
    TheDomesticInstitution called it.

OK. So this is exactly the point where you took this thread from pointless, silly entertainment/trolling into a blatant attempt to try and con every user here.

Any particular reason why we shouldn't just ban you outright?

Whatever, I shouldn't have made the request. Ban me if you want. I'm not making this shit up, I wish I was.

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    Hey, I think someone found his stuff:

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139277

Link doesn't work for me, I'm sure whatever it is it's hilarious.
    Last edited by kemmer; 12-17-2009 at 11:29 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also, maybe this will prove that I am a collector and not just some dude trying to score some free games, I do have things I can trade, just no money. I have at least 1 extra Intellivision, and probably some duplcate games. I have a couple of ataris, an extra playstaion and an extra dreamcast. I also have some sealed, new in box Atari 2600 games. (I REALLY don't want open these to play them, but I would trade them so that I have games to play) There's probaly more, I just haven't gone through everything that's left because I get so angry I can't stand it after a few minutes.

I really shouldn't have said anything about wanting games to begin with, but since I already did maybe this will show you that I'm genuine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Firebomber7

Well... I read the rest of the thread and came to the conclusion that... I've been highly entertained here!

What the wife did, if this situation is legit, was wrong. The question is, why did she do it? She's insecure? Kemmer said that he's got quite a few hobbies; retro gaming, motorcycling, bicycling, etc. I'd say it's worth it to trim down on the gaming collection, cut your loses, stop pouting, have a SERIOUS talk with the wife about respecting each other (probably on both accounts) and consider marriage counseling.

To those who are suggesting divorce over this, you're all selfish idiots at this stuff (I said THIS stuff, not idiots overall!!!) who've probably never been married anyway. Marriage is a pretty strong commitment, and, especially if there are kids involved (there seem to be in this case), divorce is an absolute last option.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also, maybe this will prove that I am a collector and not just some dude trying to score some free games, I do have things I can trade, just no money. I have at least 1 extra Intellivision, and probably some duplcate games. I have a couple of ataris, an extra playstaion and an extra dreamcast. I also have some sealed, new in box Atari 2600 games. (I REALLY don't want open these to play them, but I would trade them so that I have games to play) There's probaly more, I just haven't gone through everything that's left because I get so angry I can't stand it after a few minutes.

I really shouldn't have said anything about wanting games to begin with, but since I already did maybe this will show you that I'm genuine.
    Yet again, just a *few* things wrong here...

1. You still have a sizable collection. Sell some of it and buy some games.

2. Anyone can write anything. Pictures (with your username written on paper visible) speak louder than text.

3. Instead of asking strangers for games, you should really work things out with your wife. If you two can reconcile things, I'm sure that she would at least replace a FEW games.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm still at least trying to take this thread seriously. No, seriously isn't the right word... rationally, that's better. Let's say it is fake, what if it's really Day 13 of DP Christmas? A stranger comes, down on his luck, and asking for charity. It's a stretch, but I don't know, maybe he's really testing you guys.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

I call Bananagens!

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

No, that didn't show me that you're genuine in the slightest. I could just as easily say that i've got extra stuff to trade ect and wait for it... not have it. You're problem is that you join the site and post numero uno has 'pity me and give me games plzkthnx'. I'm not doubting that something like this isn't possible, it totally is. I question the sincerity of anyone with incredible ease of being anonymous on a message forum who has no history and ability to back it up.

If all this is true, trying to get MOAR games isn't going to fix anything. Sounds like you made a promise to do something, that wasn't done (for how long? days, weeks, months, years? we don't know) and she took matters into her own hands. It seems like your time is fairly spread about as it is, what with bikes, motorcycles, games, (that pesky) family that includes kids and a wife, someone who looks to you for support in all kinds of matters, big and small. Does it suck that lots of stuff was moved w/o your knowledge? Totally. Is it your fault for not dealing with it yourself in a manner that would have been more pleasing to you? Yes indeed it is. Maybe if you wern't so distracted by your friends, bike meets and living the life YOU wanted to (w/o full care towards other things) this wouldn't have happened.

Unfortunately this thread isn't going to serve you much more good as other than getting the comments of divorce!, SHANANAGENS! (god I love that) and the eventual full on attacks at you, i'm going to lock this. You're not banned, please stick around, attempt to enjoy the community and contribute to the many 2k threads we've got going already. It might just take your mind off that little problem thats going on over there, until you figure out what to do.

**lockerooni**
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog