Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New medal of honor....WOW!! mw2 killer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default New medal of honor....WOW!! mw2 killer

Check out the new medal of honor game coming out next fall. it looks visulally slightly better than mw2. this has potenial to be the shooter of 2010. looks like moh team was influenced by modern warfare and are breaking form the ww2 theme. seems like the game is entirely set in afghanistan. the trailer appears to be in realtime. check out the trailer.

http://www.medalofhonor.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    The Shamemaker
    PSN
    heybtbm
    Steam
    The_Shamemaker

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyutah View Post
    this has potenial to be the shooter of 2010.
    That would be Battlefield Bad Company 2. 2nd place is still up for grabs though.
    "One of the ways I gauge a DS game is by recharges. "...Tycho (Penny Arcade)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

I dont know, modern warfare 2 is going to be tough to beat. The game has so many haters for some reason i cant understand, i think people just trying to stand out. But when it comes down to it mw2 is an amazing game and really revolutionary. I have never been very impressed with a medal of honor game and dont see them beating out mw2. As for battlefield bad company the first 1 was a real dud and never really gained a large fan base, I think the name is going to be tough to revive. Well see though, who knows.
    Autobots. Roll out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i like badcompany but if they are keeping it as arcadey as the first bc seems more like a arcadey party shooter rather than a realistic modern shooter. in bc you had to empty an entire mag just to get a kill.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

I want to see the game in its final released form before any comparing of the two. So far it looks okay, but for me it is all about HOW the game plays versus how a game looks. MW2 has depth, great maps, and most importantly...all my friends own it . As for the Battlefield series, It is like comparing apples and oranges. It has its place alongside MW2 and not a direct competitor.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Ladd Spencer (Level 17)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Scooterb23

Check out the new medal of honor game coming out next fall. it looks visulally slightly better than mw2. this has potenial to be the shooter of 2010. looks like moh team was influenced by modern warfare and are breaking form the ww2 theme. seems like the game is entirely set in afghanistan. the trailer appears to be in realtime. check out the trailer.

http://www.medalofhonor.com/
    Let me get this perfectly clear... it looks "slightly" better. It's heavily influenced by MW2 ... and you're declaring it the MW2 killer?

Just making sure I'm clear on this.

I for one can't wait to see a whole bunch of war themed FPS games! There's been a severe lack of them released in the past 4 days. When did war become Madden?
    gamesandgrub.blogspot.com - My blog about boardgames, and sometimes food.
    roomwithaviewmaster.tumblr.com - My blog about Viewmaster collecting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    roflaid

must be the new thing to go "modern warfare" on everyones asses.

Strawberry (Level 2) emceelokey's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who's developing this one? I just recently played MOH: Airborne for the first time and the game just didn't feel right after playing COD for the past two years.

At the very least, they need to start offf by ripping off the basic structure of COD:MW2 and then build around that. MW2 just did everything so damn good that anything less than that would be unplayable to me.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by emceelokey View Post
    Who's developing this one? I just recently played MOH: Airborne for the first time and the game just didn't feel right after playing COD for the past two years.

At the very least, they need to start offf by ripping off the basic structure of COD:MW2 and then build around that. MW2 just did everything so damn good that anything less than that would be unplayable to me.
    The single player campaign is being developed by EA LA, while the multiplayer is being developed by Dice.

I dunno, man. Even SAYING that you're tired of war shooters has become cliched at this point. That's a rough place to be when you have Bad Company 2, at least one other Call of Duty, and God knows how many other shooters to contend with. Medal Of Honor doesn't have the finest reputation anymore either, and I wasn't reassured when the main character for this installment was revealed to be an ex roadie for ZZ Top.

As always, final judgment reserved for the final product, but EA has a bit of selling to do with this game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Is it telling that they are featuring Army of Two on the official homepage?

I'll get over the sadness soon - basically Dreamworks Interactive's involvement in the heyday of the series is apparently long gone (never played any but the original, to explain), and this is basically recognizing the fact more bluntly. DICE is a decent studio. Their style isn't for everybody, but at least it's unique. They have a good sense of humor too.

Better than MW2? Maybe the story (parts anyway; MW2 has some amazing set pieces). The gameplay? Not sure, not even with DICE on board (actually, DICE has a reputation with me and others of making fun games with hilarious bugs and wonky engines). Lighting in the trailer seemed good at a glance, not too harsh or overwrought. Could be a PC version though. The thing I like about DICE's games is that they let you get lost in the weeds, a bit like Novalogic always tried for. MW, not so much.

The little ATVs and helicopters bring back memories of Battlefield 2: Special Forces. Yeah, I'll be getting this, eventually, I'm sure.

But it takes something damn special to knock Infinity Ward off their pedestal. The spit 'n' polish alone of those games is phenomenal.

What happened to the grand physics being promised by DICE some years back for Bad Company, anyway? There was a lot of hype and then people stopped talking about it, almost as if it wasn't part of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post
    I wasn't reassured when the main character for this installment was revealed to be an ex roadie for ZZ Top.
    Nice one!

Er, anyway, I was going to replay a bit of the original Medal of Honor over the coming days.
    Last edited by Ed Oscuro; 12-31-2009 at 05:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default the fanboys are coming the fanboys are coming! all free thinkers run for your life!!

um..garagesaleking mw2 is not revolutionary lol it's an awsome game sure. I own it. the single player felt like i was in a movie. really cool single player and multiplay is pretty fun. the mp maps get pretty boring. they are so small and restrictive. still fun but it's a standard shooter with some extra perks and air strikes and nice visuals. you can't even open doors. mw2 brings nothing new to the table gameplay wise. sorry cool-aid drinkers. oh yummy..."night vision green" flavor cool-aid proudly sits on the shelf next to obama flavor.

I'm not a moh honor fan in fact my first moh game to play was airborne. i downloaded the demo when it came out and i thought it was a nice fresh breath of air. aside from bia best ww2 shooter to date. first off you could land anywhere on the map or on any roof, it had a cool peek system. you could duck down behind cover with only the analog stick without pushing a button. the visuals and models all looked great and the cqc was fun. this game was competing with cod3 a the time too. cod waw brought nothing new except cod4 engine and last stand borrowed from cod4. except for a few new perks, new engine and airstikes the entire cod franchise is the same as cod 1. I have to give it to moh team for breaking from the standard formula and trying something new

OCP Corporate Liason Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RAGNAR0K N ROLL
    PSN
    ROBOCOP2

Quote Originally Posted by scooterb23 View Post
    I for one can't wait to see a whole bunch of war themed FPS games! There's been a severe lack of them released in the past 4 days. When did war become Madden?
    !
    Quote Originally Posted by bangtango View Post
    If you have trouble figuring out the meaning of "Multiplayer", "Time Trial" or "Campaign" without the manual, I probably don't want you doing my income taxes for me and I don't want you dating my daughter either.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

um..garagesaleking mw2 is not revolutionary lol it's an awsome game sure. I own it. the single player felt like i was in a movie. really cool single player and multiplay is pretty fun. the mp maps get pretty boring. they are so small and restrictive. still fun but it's a standard shooter with some extra perks and air strikes and nice visuals. you can't even open doors. mw2 brings nothing new to the table gameplay wise. sorry cool-aid drinkers. oh yummy..."night vision green" flavor cool-aid proudly sits on the shelf next to obama flavor.

I'm not a moh honor fan in fact my first moh game to play was airborne. i downloaded the demo when it came out and i thought it was a nice fresh breath of air. aside from bia best ww2 shooter to date. first off you could land anywhere on the map or on any roof, it had a cool peek system. you could duck down behind cover with only the analog stick without pushing a button. the visuals and models all looked great and the cqc was fun. this game was competing with cod3 a the time too. cod waw brought nothing new except cod4 engine and last stand borrowed from cod4. except for a few new perks, new engine and airstikes the entire cod franchise is the same as cod 1. I have to give it to moh team for breaking from the standard formula and trying something new
    Yes, it's so original that they are doing exactly what the COD team did two years ago and going modern. Give me a break. I can't believe your ignorance in declaring this game an MW2 killer or even any good considering how little media is actually out there to date. It could be amazing or it could be crap. It's going to be quite a while before we know either way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im fucking sick of all of these rpgs! Wait.... War games? Yeah! Im fucking sick of all these war games!
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyutah
    New medal of honor....WOW!! mw2 killer
    You know they said the same thing about Killzone in reference to the original Halo and Halo 2. They were completely wrong. Let's wait to see how it plays first.

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    That would be Battlefield Bad Company 2.
    Or Splinter Cell: Conviction, Bioshock 2 or Halo Reach. Hell, it might even be Duke Nukem Forever. Oh wait....
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

still trying to figure out how mw2 is revolution? mario 64 sure, project natal good chance....hows that night vison green flavored cool-aid taste? :P

why swear by one particular shooter? just enjoy good games.

me being a tactical shooter fan i was kind of disappointed by mw2 online matches. hardcore mode is cool but everything else feels like halo. seems like kids running around. I only play mw2 matches on hardcore late at night when the little frag bunnies are sleeping. tactical 3rd person is fun too. but rainbow six vegas 2 is by baby. love it love it!! nothing compares to it on high stakes mode. can't wait for the next rainbowsix. I'm sure it will use the graw3 engine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Meh after MH-AB I think I'll wait to read the reviews on this one. Looks impressive but that means little if the controls are blah or overall gameplay is bore'ish.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

What's this about Kool-Aid?
    "Tell her you want to slide a hot throbbing cartridge in her warm tight console port. And if it starts blinking and flashing to just slide it back out and blow on it a little."--Sothy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

the mp maps get pretty boring. they are so small and restrictive.
    By Battlefield standards, maybe. Some of them seem bigger than many of MW1's maps. Kill House anybody?
    Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    You know they said the same thing about Killzone in reference to the original Halo and Halo 2. They were completely wrong. Let's wait to see how it plays first.
    Killzone was made by a no-name developer who only Sony magazines were saying was awesome ("In a perfect world, all games would be made by Guerrilla!" - according to PS Mag Australia). This is being made by DICE, maker of freakin' Battlefield. There is a difference.

Honestly, I'm fine with war FPSes being the new Madden, if it means they have some replayability and hopefully not as many bugs (hint: those were issues back when people started making games on non-iD engines). If the economic downturn planning angle (that the guy from Retro was talking about) means they focus more on essentials instead of LOL ARMY OF 2 THIS IS XTrEME then I'll be fine.

[QUOTE=The 1 2 P;1661630Or Splinter Cell: Conviction, Bioshock 2 or Halo Reach. Hell, it might even be Duke Nukem Forever. Oh wait....[/QUOTE]
    Splinter Cell jumped the shark; Biosluggish (ahem) always sucked; in Reach the idea is that you're playing a battle you're going to lose, so kudos to Bungie for going out on a high note. No comment on DNF. Out of that list, only one of the developers is really in practice with what I'd call competitive FPS development (kudos to Bungie for getting their independence back).

Again, DICE has been juggling multiple projects simultaneously. They recently released a little game called Mirror's Edge alongside their development of Bad Company and Battlefield 1943 and Heroes; I believe those projects are all contemporaneous with each other.

Also, survey says (upon just replaying about 40% of it, not giving up) that the original Medal of Honor had great aesthetic qualities but the gameplay is very basic and controls suck (lol click in the left thumbstick to see crosshairs, brilliant). I just loved it back in the day because it was pretty and had high production values (for the time).
    Last edited by Ed Oscuro; 01-01-2010 at 11:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looks really good, glad there making a new game in the series and guess I'm the only one out their that enjoys these WW era games?....anyway a new feel and look isn't bad and huge supporter of the series and will pick it up day one of course!. Also reminds me need to fire back up Airborne.

Proud owner of a PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, PSP and 3DS