Thread: This is kinda games "imo" the Xbox 360 should focus on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default This is kinda games "imo" the Xbox 360 should focus on.

Ok, so since Microsoft acquired RARE it has been a fairly lackluster merger. The potential is there but yet to TRUELY be tapped.

Well this looks really cool to me and should get some retro love:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/uk...nic-sega/60226

Plus you can play as your avatar and get help from friends which I THINK is really neat. If Microsoft would do more retro hommage/rethinking like this then they will stay on the ball which I don't think they have much since acquiring RARE and other studios. This game honestly floats my boat more than Sony's ModNation Racing game.

Glad to see a game like this, especially cause of Sega.
    Last edited by BHvrd; 01-03-2010 at 02:56 AM.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Did you play Banjo & Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts? That game is simply FANTASTIC. So was Viva Pinata. Rare's been doing pretty well in my estimation, and nevermind Perfect Dark Zero. It never happened.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

Er... mediocre racing title with avatar inclusion? This reeks of Wii. I'd prefer they didn't waste energy on this myself

Sega's been whoring out their characters without a second thought. They're wearing out the "retro-love" completely for me.
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skaar View Post
    Er... mediocre racing title with avatar inclusion? This reeks of Wii. I'd prefer they didn't waste energy on this myself

Sega's been whoring out their characters without a second thought. They're wearing out the "retro-love" completely for me.
    As opposed to other big franchises that do not whore out their characters? I can only think of one game where Sega let another company use characters that was not published by Sega (SSB:B).

Besides, they have Sumo Digital working on this game. If this is anything like some of the other big name racers Sumo has done, I will be excited (they have done the outruns on xbox and the new outrun on xbox live)

I, for one, am excited that they decided to put Ryo in this. I know that it will make most Shenmue people think, "They are bringing it back", but probably not, it will be cool just to see Ryo in something.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

i'm not sure if rare still owns the rights to the following, but they have the following great franchises to work with.

r.c. pro am
    battletaods
    conker (the last one sucked)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G-Boobie View Post
    nevermind Perfect Dark Zero. It never happened.
    I haven't played it yet. Was it really that bad? Either way they will be forgiven once they finally release the update to Perfect Dark 64 this winter.

As for Sega All-Star Racing, I also think it's cool that you can race as your avatar. But thats not enough to make me pick it up on day one. I'll wait for word of mouth first.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    I haven't played it yet. Was it really that bad? Either way they will be forgiven once they finally release the update to Perfect Dark 64 this winter.
    PDZ was bad. The game plays like you're running through molasses compounded when you're 'displaying' the heavier guns and now move at a snails pace. MP maps (not that anyone really even plays anymore) are just WAY too huge especially for the speed at which you move. Story mode is frustrating, the achievements are stacked for either Co-Op or MP and not Single Player which makes it even stupider. I've put a fair bit of time into the game and if I was going by achievements alone, at 340/1000 (22/50) I don't feel like i've done anything and have 0 drive to going back and getting more.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    PDZ was bad. The game plays like you're running through molasses compounded when you're 'displaying' the heavier guns and now move at a snails pace. MP maps (not that anyone really even plays anymore) are just WAY too huge especially for the speed at which you move. Story mode is frustrating, the achievements are stacked for either Co-Op or MP and not Single Player which makes it even stupider. I've put a fair bit of time into the game and if I was going by achievements alone, at 340/1000 (22/50) I don't feel like i've done anything and have 0 drive to going back and getting more.
    I played a bit of PDZ multiplayer and oh IMO it was inferior to Quake 3 on the Dreamcast (then again I think this of a lot of fpses). It really is quite surprising to see how games have aged over the course of the seventh generation- try comparing PDZ to something like Modern Warfare 2, it's just ridiculous.

And as for single-player achievements, I point you towards NFS Carbon, where after beating the one-player mode and handing Helo from BSG's ass to him on a silver platter, I end up with a grand total of... 75.

For what it's worth though, I agree BK N&B was awesome. HUGELY underrated. Can't wait for Banjo Fourie.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Xplosive18

Quote Originally Posted by buzz_n64 View Post
    i'm not sure if rare still owns the rights to the following, but they have the following great franchises to work with.

r.c. pro am
    battletaods
    conker (the last one sucked)
    RC Pro Am was made by Rare and if we were to get any retro racing game I would want it to be that one. One of my favorite games of all time and it is just begging to get the online multi player treatment.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Quote Originally Posted by ButtonMasher123 View Post
    RC Pro Am was made by Rare and if we were to get any retro racing game I would want it to be that one. One of my favorite games of all time and it is just begging to get the online multi player treatment.
    Amen to that. Id kill for an update of that game, or even leland corporations off-road. They're fairly similar games.