Thread: How much does it cost to be a cheater? $20 a month.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default How much does it cost to be a cheater? $20 a month.

Recently decided to give Quake Live the new browser based remake of Quake 3 Arena a shot to see how it fairs, I must say....terribly.

First off Full Screen mode for some reason (maybe just my pc) won't work. My monitor says unsupported signal, again maybe it's just my monitor, that aside, they took out all the blood and violence, no more gibs. There is a friend bar on the side but you can't access the chat while in-game, or apparently it's some dumb ass code you enter to use it. The best thing of all! More aimbotters and wall hackers than ever! YAY!

To top it off at least all these hacks were free to get your hands on back in the day so you could even the field and "everyone" could cheat. They actually even had some cool mods come from it. It seems that these days though, it's gonna cost you. For $20 a month you can even cheat on all these other games too! WOOHOO!

http://www.myfpscheats.com/quakelivehacks.php

Trust me. Quake Live is a cluster fuck of cheaters and unless you pay to cheat as well or know how otherwise don't even bother. Chances are you'll get banned unless you have these "up to date" punkbuster and VAC immune cheats which i'm sure is a side business for the respected publishers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I played Quake III like once years ago and ended up near the top of a server with like fifty people on. The usual stuff about playing with folks you know applies. If they don't have any admins on that would be a problem.

About the supported resolution - see if there isn't an options setup somewhere for fullscreen; the game is trying to generate a signal your monitor won't accept (either different resolution or the wrong refresh rate, or both).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro View Post
    The usual stuff about playing with folks you know applies. If they don't have any admins on that would be a problem.
    Yep that's another problem. No admins and noone can host a server. Sorry, forgot to include that in my list.

Quake Live is just part of this post though, the fact that a company is promoting cheating and charging for it is really the main focus. They have cheats that they say can get past both VAC security on Steam and Punkbuster. They even have customer support for crying out loud!
    Last edited by BHvrd; 01-05-2010 at 07:31 PM.