Thread: Sodium One on PS3 Home

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sodium One on PS3 Home

Has anyone played Sodium One in Home for the PS3? This has been out for a couple of weeks now and I haven't really heard much chatter about this game.

It's basically a new area within Home that has a main game (sodium one) and several mini-games (salt shooter, scorpios, and the scorpion stomp). You can play the first 5 levels of the main game for free. All of the mini-games are available to play for free. If you dig the main game, you can play unlock the whole game for just $5.

The main game consists of you piloting a hovercraft vehicle around an arena while shooting at enemy crafts. You can collect power-ups for both your weapons and hovercraft. The game is a lot of fun IMHO.

What are peoples thoughts about this game and also the possibilities of the new social games that this represents coming to Home?

-mike

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by killersquirel View Post
    Has anyone played Sodium One in Home for the PS3? This has been out for a couple of weeks now and I haven't really heard much chatter about this game.

It's basically a new area within Home that has a main game (sodium one) and several mini-games (salt shooter, scorpios, and the scorpion stomp). You can play the first 5 levels of the main game for free. All of the mini-games are available to play for free. If you dig the main game, you can play unlock the whole game for just $5.

The main game consists of you piloting a hovercraft vehicle around an arena while shooting at enemy crafts. You can collect power-ups for both your weapons and hovercraft. The game is a lot of fun IMHO.

What are peoples thoughts about this game and also the possibilities of the new social games that this represents coming to Home?

-mike
    I've poked around Sodium, and as far as Home spaces go, it's certainly one of the most ambitious.

The mini games are all fun, and I like the integration of tracked "achievements" with credit rewards that can be spent in the space.

I haven't paid for the "advanced content" in the space, apparently there's a tank battle game included with that and I haven't even had the time with my recent move to look into what Home users are saying about the quality of that game.

As a big supporter/enjoyer of Home I'm glad to see a NON-big-name 3rd party company throw development muscle behind something like this, there's NO reason that Home can't continue it's current exponential growth with more "game/reward" spaces like this Sodium one ... as soon as I get all my game systems set up again in my new place I'll be sure to spend some more time in both Home and Sodium.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"