Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

A new console is already in the works for each individual company. They are just waiting to unveil it when the time is right.

Right now, there is just no need for a new console. They can milk this generation quite well...and for a very long time.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

All I hear is business-ese for 'The Xbox 720 will be out 2012 at the latest but we want you to think otherwise so you'll keep buying the 360'.

Okay, the 360 still has some life left in it (and before you ask, I'm on my third from launch) but it gained a lot of momentum from being first to market this time out- something Microsoft may be looking to capitalise on next time. I may be a bit hasty with my 2012 guess but the 8th generation will start well before 2015 and will start with the next Xbox, you mark my words.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

While I do agree that a new console is unneeded for quite some time, I highly doubt that any of them will hesitate at announcing a new console within the next 2 years and releasing a new one within 3.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy View Post
    Considering they've announced that Natal will be released in Q4 of 2010, I think we'll see that this year.
    There was an announcement made that Natal would launch both with a 360 bundle and sold seperately to work with all existing 360 consoles. I can't remember if that was an official announcement or just quoted from a Microsoft exec interview.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeychemist View Post
    Don't worry about that..the public doesn't get it that it's a crap machine doomed to fail. Who here isn't on their 5th or 6th X360??
    I'm not on my fifth or sixth 360.....I'm on my fourth.

All kidding aside, I also think that they need to redesign the system. I don't seem to notice the noise it makes as much as other people, but this is due to me saving every game to the hard drive that I'm currently playing(120 gb FTW). And I don't even need to mention the reliability issues. My system is now a year old and runs like new but not everyone has been that lucky. I'm actually surprised that we haven't seen some sort of 360 lite/slim by now since this is it's 5th year as of November. Maybe they'll surprise us at one of the industry trade shows.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 01-14-2010 at 05:15 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lol, by coincidence I brought this up with somebody just a few hours ago and somebody told me that he had just heard a rumor about Microsoft developing a new system. Well, close. I haven't been following the news, so good deal @ me for realizing Microsoft was overdue for a talk.

I'm sure Sony and especially Nintendo will be pleased as Microsoft could have forced Sony to move to new hardware if they had. Of course, getting the hardware affordable ultimately turned out to be a bigger problem for Microsoft than Sony, so they would have needed an ace up their sleeve to really trump Sony's technology (who owns Blu-Ray, again?).

Remember how everybody laughed, and laughed, and laughed at Ken Kutaragi for his "The PlayStation 3 has been designed to serve for ten years" prediction? Maybe he should've been out short-selling stocks instead, but in any case he turned out to be closer to correct than people had expected. Doubtless he didn't predict the financial meltdown. Probably he just saw how long and expensive the development process was and realized it couldn't be kept up on the traditional 5-year timeframe without killing off the profits needed to keep the cycle going.

While I would like to see a new gen of consoles, most people aren't seeing the need for it, and studios would have to spend even more money getting the most out of new hardware. Of course, aside from computer monitors we don't have anything in my place that is close to taking full advantage of the 360's resolution to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    So they're going to continue making defective hardware for another five years?
    Instead of fixing what's broken, they're going to ruin the platform with gimmicky shit. Wonderful plan.
    Kedawa's post makes sense if you imagine he's a journalist from bizarro world where you report the news in reverse. Yeah, the 360 was broken at start, but they are constantly releasing newer versions of the system that perform the same but cooler due to newer manufacturing processes. Like you can buy a Core i5 for what used to be a Core 2 Duo or Pentium IV, you can also do the same amount of work cheaper than before.
    Last edited by Ed Oscuro; 01-13-2010 at 06:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by monkeychemist View Post
    hahahahahahahha designed for a long life??? tell that to the millions of victims of the RROD!
    , I second that! I think the 360 is probably past its halfway point, but I think MS will keep supporting it for a few more years at least. They left a real bad taste in gamer's mouths when they stopped making the Xbox and dropped all support for it instantly after only 4 years all in an effort to rush the 360 to market just to get a year head start on Sony. Good job morons!

Like I mentioned in earlier posts though, this console gen will probably last longer than previous ones through software updates and hardware additions. People are too heavily invested in this current generation of gaming, so there's no way a new batch of consoles will be launching any time soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by duffmanth View Post
    People are too heavily invested in this current generation of gaming,
    They are broke and out of work, you mean.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro View Post
    They are broke and out of work, you mean.
    Haha, yeah that to I suppose!

Pretzel (Level 4) monkeychemist's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A thought came to me from the other thread entitled PS3 vs X360... Many people there were saying the PS3 games are the same or often worse in terms of graphics and refresh rates due to being dumbed down to X360 specs/DVD. Maybe if MS makes a new console in twenty twelve then PS3 will be able to keep up with this new console. That would be hilarious... Ok, I'm done being a PS3 fanboy now