0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geezuzkane
    PSN
    Geezuzkhrist119
    Steam
    Geezuzkane

Default Turbografx 16 with 30 games

i just saw this add on kijiji for a turbografx 16 in box with 30 games.

that person didnt have a price but wants offers.
    so what would that be worth?
    Twitter - GEEZUZKANE
    Nintendo: NESx3, SNES, N64x2, NGCx2, WIIx2, GB, GBP, GBCx2, GBASPx2, NDSLx2,
    Sega: SMS, GENx3, SATx2, DCx3
    Sony: PS1, PS1 moddedx2, PS1 Jap, PS1 Slim, PS2x2, PS2 Slim, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, PS3 Slim
    Others: XBOXx2, XBOX w/ hard mod, XBOX w/xbmc and 80gb HDD, X360, X360 Slim MW3 Edition, TG16, INTV, COLV, 2600 JR-broken, Wonderswanx2

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by geezuzkhrist119 View Post
    i just saw this add on kijiji for a turbografx 16 in box with 30 games.

that person didnt have a price but wants offers.
    so what would that be worth?
    I saw that ad too, the guy is near London. I have no idea as he didn't bother to list any of the games. Maybe $100 if you have no idea what you'll be getting, assume they'll be the most common and least desirable games. I would have replied to the ad myself but it's too far away for me.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah it's really impossible to say without knowing what games, what condition, etc. You can either offer $100, which, as long as the system works and is in the box would be worth it, or ask for more details before making an offer.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

For the system and 120 games I'd offer 150, but I don't see TG16s very often let alone games for them. I figure that breaks down to 4 bucks a game and get the system for free. Even if they are mostly sports you'll probably get some great games out of 30, unless there are doubles.

Great Puma (Level 12) -hellvin-'s Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The tg-16 does not have an insanely vast library. I'd say your chances out of a possible 30 are VERY good to get at least a few decent titles. If you're really unlucky, you might get every bad game on the system or something haha. I'd say go for it. TG16 stuff is not easy to come by, and at 100 bucks for a system and 30 games that sounds like a steal to me. I had no problem dropping 125 on a turbografx express and about 20 games and I got a ton of good stuff.

Go for it.

Semi Noob Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geezuzkane
    PSN
    Geezuzkhrist119
    Steam
    Geezuzkane

i offered him 50 bucks. he messaged me back telling me to go fuck myself with my lowball offers and how like one of the games could be sold on ebay for 50 bucks.

man im disappointed. i was hoping he was an old guy that didnt know fuck all about the bundle

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I would have replied to the ad myself but it's too far away for me.
    i message him without looking where he was selling. so even if the guy was a complete noob who sold the tg16 to me i wouldnt be able to pick it up since i dont drive and have no way out there
    Last edited by geezuzkhrist119; 01-14-2010 at 12:02 PM.
    Twitter - GEEZUZKANE
    Sony: PS1, PS1 moddedx2, PS1 Jap, PS1 Slim, PS2x2, PS2 Slim, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, PS3 Slim
    Others: XBOXx2, XBOX w/ hard mod, XBOX w/xbmc and 80gb HDD, X360, X360 Slim MW3 Edition, TG16, INTV, COLV, 2600 JR-broken, Wonderswanx2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i offered him 50 bucks. he messaged me back telling me to go fuck myself with my lowball offers and how like one of the games could be sold on ebay for 50 bucks.

man im disappointed. i was hoping he was an old guy that didnt know fuck all about the bundle

i message him without looking where he was selling. so even if the guy was a complete noob who sold the tg16 to me i wouldnt be able to pick it up since i dont drive and have no way out there
    Depending on the games 100 could even be really low. Didn't the buyer list the games? You didn't post a list here, or link us, which really would have helped us evaluate it for you. None the less, seems like the guy is a real asshole and a time waster, so why bother?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't blame him, that is a pretty shitty offer. Can't blame you for trying though right? lol

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    gamelord2000

If I had the money and he was local to me...I would have offered at least $200 for it, which he might still consider lowball. When buying big turbografx lots I usually offer $10 per game. There are alot more games worth $10 or more, than worth under $10 for this system.

Semi Noob Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geezuzkane
    PSN
    Geezuzkhrist119
    Steam
    Geezuzkane

Quote Originally Posted by -hellvin- View Post
    Depending on the games 100 could even be really low. Didn't the buyer list the games? You didn't post a list here, or link us, which really would have helped us evaluate it for you. None the less, seems like the guy is a real asshole and a time waster, so why bother?
    no game list or pictures. thats another reason i lowballed him. the system might be all scratched up, the box might of been beating to shit and he might of had 30 dups of one shit game

Quote Originally Posted by RoyVegas View Post
    I don't blame him, that is a pretty shitty offer. Can't blame you for trying though right? lol
    when u says make an offer he should be expecting all types of offers. not like he said he wanted atleast 200 or obo for it al
    Last edited by geezuzkhrist119; 01-14-2010 at 03:46 PM.
    Twitter - GEEZUZKANE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by -hellvin- View Post
    The guy didn't list the games in the ad, but I was curious after I posted here so I ended up emailing him and asked what the games were. He also told me his current best offer is $220, which I consider fair considering what the games are(they aren't really bad, and if I had those games and sold them individually I'd probably get over $300 for them). I personally wouldn't pay that much for the lot, but it's not a ripoff.

As for why bother when none of the games were listed, I've replied to plenty of other ads like that and it paid off, they had great stuff which didn't sell to anybody else first because they weren't listed. Usually I ask what the games are, and say I'm not sure what to offer if I don't know what the games are. I won't just blindly give an offer because the seller either has a price in mind or already has other offers so yours would have to be higher anyway for it to count.

@geezuzkhrist119: $50 is way too low, I'd have told you the same thing or just ignored you completely. That's really being cheap.

I might as well list the games since he got back to me.

Keith courage case+manual
    splatterhouse case n manual
    raiden case n manuak
    tv sports football case n manual
    tiger road case n manual
    vigilante case n manual
    dragons curse case manual
    world class baseball case n manual
    legendary axe 1 case n manual n original box
    legendary axe 2 case n manual
    tale sping case n manual
    dungeons n dragons order of the griffon +box missing manual
    jackie chans action kung fu n manual
    world sports competition n manual

now games with no manuals or cases
    aero blasters
    klax
    alien crush
    ninja spirit
    blazing lazers
    veigues tatical gladiator
    r type
    final lap twin
    bloddy wolf
    chase hq
    military madness
    silent debuggers
    jj n jeff

+extra controller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's a really good game lot, but I wouldn't go over 150 for it personally. I'm sure there are some who would be willing to drop about 200+ which he already seems to have an offer for. It's a pretty solid deal, not any kind of bargain though. I've got almost all of those games and there's some very fun and excellent titles.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    @geezuzkhrist119: $50 is way too low, I'd have told you the same thing or just ignored you completely. That's really being cheap.
    You would have surely done a much better job listing the details and condition of the stuff. When people put in a lazy effort when trying to sell something on Craigslist/Kijiji it comes with the teritory that they will get some low offers.

Sure the OP ran a high risk of shooting way too low in the seller's eyes but if I saw an ad like this around me I wouldn't be sure if I should try and put in a blind offer I'm comfortable with right away or if I should ask about details with the possibly that the seller won't get back to me and maybe have sold the item or just be too lazy to type up everything and ignore me if they can't type.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FOnewearl View Post
    You would have surely done a much better job listing the details and condition of the stuff. When people put in a lazy effort when trying to sell something on Craigslist/Kijiji it comes with the teritory that they will get some low offers.

Sure the OP ran a high risk of shooting way too low in the seller's eyes but if I saw an ad like this around me I wouldn't be sure if I should try and put in a blind offer I'm comfortable with right away or if I should ask about details with the possibly that the seller won't get back to me and maybe have sold the item or just be too lazy to type up everything and ignore me if they can't type.
    I actually bought a Turbografx lot off Kijiji when it was originally listed with no details about the games(it came with 12 games) and was listed with "Best Offer". The system wasn't in the original box either, it did come with a plastic hard case though with some other accessories and that was mentioned in the ad.

I first asked for details about the games, and after he listed them I gave an offer. I ended up paying $100 for the lot, which wasn't bad for what was included. He originally wanted more and mentioned to check on ebay for pricing, which I did and pointed out to him that most games were selling cheap or otherwise had no bids. This was just for 12 games, not 30 like what was described in this thread.

I actually saw the ad the OP replied to, I'll quote it so you can see how it was written. It wasn't that clear, but it was clear enough to get across that the guy knows what he has and won't sell it dirt cheap. Offering $50 for all the Turbografx stuff would have no chance of being accepted, why even bother to send a reply like that? I wouldn't just send a cheap offer on principal, if I was serious about buying something I would like to make an appropriate offer to successfully buy the stuff. I wouldn't send a low offer to imply something like "I would have offered you more but you were a bit lazy with your ad, so I'm only offering this much". I asked this seller what the games were and the guy told me, most people do when I ask. Of course, some sellers are just nuts and want an amount far beyond what it's worth, but this seller wasn't like that.
    i have a working turbografx-16 with 30+ games for sale messages me with serious offers only, i also have a gamecube for sale in the box with 2 controllers and lots of games including resident evil 0, resident evil 1, resident evil 2 , resident evil 3, resident evil 4, metroid prime , zelda twilight princess, rampage total destruction, namco museum, mario kart double dash
    serious offers only will not part out systems bundles only
    If a seller won't bother to get back to me about the games, I don't need to buy whatever they're selling. I've had that happen with someone selling a Genesis bundle, they completely refused to list out the games so I passed. Even recently someone else listed another Genesis bundle with 50 games for $80, I asked what the games were and I haven't heard back from them. If someone doesn't bother to list the games after I ask what they are, I'll assume it's not worth buying. I don't need to be stuck with stuff I don't want. Why would I make an offer if I don't know what I'll be buying?