Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Batman Arkham City

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy Color View Post
    Well, there are a few police boats here and there, they can probably move faster than a swimming inmate or a slowly drifting freighter. Besides, look how far it is from the coast to the anything that isn't Arkham City. I'd take forever by slow ass boat and be impossible to swim. Especially when you toss in the fact that the temperature is so low and the inmates have no decent food or cold weather wear.
    I suppose, a bit of Alcatraz going on, but still, in a world where super villains congregate, I'm sure that they could have chartered some type of stealth party cruise liner and booked their way out seaward.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    I suppose, a bit of Alcatraz going on, but still, in a world where super villains congregate, I'm sure that they could have chartered some type of stealth party cruise liner and booked their way out seaward.
    That's the thing, though. You'd think the whole super villain running amok thing might lead one or two of them to say "Let's super villain our asses out of here, yeah?" But they all seem content to just putter about and attempt to gain control of the city (apart from what is indicated during the none standard game over mentioned a few posts back).

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

That .... doesn't, seem very ... secure to me.
    It's why Batman has to keep fighting the same villans on a regular basis, they keep getting out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Loved it , reminds me of escape from new york
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Insert Coin (Level 0) Final Boss's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Loveitloveitloveit. Getting all the Riddler secrets to catch ol' Eddie felt kind of arduous, but everything else in the main story was quite all right. I wouldn't have minded having a story-driven mini campaign for Robin and Nightwing, though. Maybe in the next game *fingers crossed*

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Thought I'd just drop this here, a video depicting all the hidden crap that's been found so far. Lots of spoilers, btw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxOM3-cNDA4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Thought I'd just drop this here, a video depicting all the hidden crap that's been found so far. Lots of spoilers, btw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxOM3-cNDA4
    Yeah, Rocksteady put a tremendous amount of love into the details on this game. You are typically rewarded in spades for poking around, zooming in to read stuff on the walls, and just taking the time to enjoy the brilliance that went into the design of Arkham City and all of its environments.

And since it's related to this topic and in the expanding "universe" of Arkham games, anybody who has an iOS device and enjoys Infinity Blade should check out Netherrealm's (MK developer) new release Batman Arkham City Lockdown.

It plays a lot like Infinity Blade (Punch-Out dodge/swipe based combat) but with the Batman Arkham City assets. VERY fun stuff.
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Beat this game today, shouldn't have been surprised that it was great given how good the first game was, but still. It's just so fun to be Batman. The combat is so satisfying.

Now to complete the side quests and (maybe) get all the Riddler trophies. Seriously Rocksteady, 440 trophies?? A bit overkill if you ask me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpman View Post
    Beat this game today, shouldn't have been surprised that it was great given how good the first game was, but still. It's just so fun to be Batman. The combat is so satisfying.

Now to complete the side quests and (maybe) get all the Riddler trophies. Seriously Rocksteady, 440 trophies?? A bit overkill if you ask me.
    Even if you don't clear all the trophies, do the Riddler trap rooms. SO worth meeting Edward Nygma face to face.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

You may need to do another playthrough to finish off all the side things, depending on what you did during your run. A lot of quests become inaccessible after the game has been beaten.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

You may need to do another playthrough to finish off all the side things, depending on what you did during your run. A lot of quests become inaccessible after the game has been beaten.
    I've seen people say that online but it's not true.

All of the side missions can be brought to 100% completion after the main story mode is finished. Once you wrap up your business with Joker & company and the credits roll you're free to take care of anything/everything that Arkham City had going on during the main game.

The ONLY limitation similar to what you're describing is that during the final chapter of the main story mode (when the GCPD is in the city) the side missions lock down.
    Last edited by Frankie_Says_Relax; 02-10-2012 at 08:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah, I've done a bunch of the side stuff after I beat the game. Only have Zsasz and the random "save the political prisoner" sidequests to do now, along with the Riddler stuff.

And yeah, the main reason why I want to do the trophies is so I can meet the Riddler in person.

I was kind of disappointed that you don't get to take down all of the side villains; I hope they release DLC for that stuff.

Is the Nightwing/Robin DLC worth it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Somebody throw me a bone here, I'm sick of collecting trophies to finish the Riddle side quest. I noticed that there is one empty upgrade ? in Batman's page that I can't even see yet. Tell me this unlocks at some point and I can start solving riddles with those weight sensitive buttons on walls. Or that some interesting story twist happens that will make it worth this mundanity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by sheath View Post
    Somebody throw me a bone here, I'm sick of collecting trophies to finish the Riddle side quest. I noticed that there is one empty upgrade ? in Batman's page that I can't even see yet. Tell me this unlocks at some point and I can start solving riddles with those weight sensitive buttons on walls. Or that some interesting story twist happens that will make it worth this mundanity.
    Batman's upgrades aren't tied to any Riddler side quests or trophies.

While there's nothing that allows you to cheat your way through the process of getting the trophies, the Riddler trophy hunt becomes easier (from a locating standpoint) if you track and interrogate Nygma's operatives.

Once you hit a specific point in the game you should get a tutorial showing you that in detective mode Riddler's operatives glow green. Take out every other goon in the group and leave those for last and you'll get the option to "interrogate" them. That will make all the trophies for a specific area light up on your map. It won't help you get them but it will show you where they are and interrogating every last one of his goons is an in-game stat/achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpman View Post
    Is the Nightwing/Robin DLC worth it?
    It's just the challenge modes/fighting rooms. If you're completely obsessed with the game like me, it's very very cool to play as Robin and Nightwing and try out all of their gadgets, but there's really no stories that accompany those downloads. So, YMMV.
    Last edited by Frankie_Says_Relax; 02-14-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Batman's upgrades aren't tied to any Riddler side quests or trophies.

While there's nothing that allows you to cheat your way through the process of getting the trophies, the Riddler trophy hunt becomes easier (from a locating standpoint) if you track and interrogate Nygma's operatives.

Once you hit a specific point in the game you should get a tutorial showing you that in detective mode Riddler's operatives glow green. Take out every other goon in the group and leave those for last and you'll get the option to "interrogate" them. That will make all the trophies for a specific area light up on your map. It won't help you get them but it will show you where they are and interrogating every last one of his goons is an in-game stat/achievement.
    Yeah, I think I've interrogated all of the goons. It isn't finding the trophies that is the problem, it is simply not being able to figure out how to open access to some of them that has me stuck, I thought maybe there would be another upgrade that would allow batman to hit pressure pads on walls. Ultimately, I don't think I will continue playing the game if it is just to solve all of the Riddler's puzzles. I just honestly can't see Batman going on a collectathon just because somebody put the stuff out there. Maybe I'll try the challenge mode some more, or the + mode. Overall I found Arkham Asylum more concise, I don't think I like the fight scenarios Arkham City creates with all of its open areas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Yeah, I think I've interrogated all of the goons. It isn't finding the trophies that is the problem, it is simply not being able to figure out how to open access to some of them that has me stuck, I thought maybe there would be another upgrade that would allow batman to hit pressure pads on walls. Ultimately, I don't think I will continue playing the game if it is just to solve all of the Riddler's puzzles. I just honestly can't see Batman going on a collectathon just because somebody put the stuff out there. Maybe I'll try the challenge mode some more, or the + mode. Overall I found Arkham Asylum more concise, I don't think I like the fight scenarios Arkham City creates with all of its open areas.
    There really aren't that many variations on the pressure triggers. They're a pretty common video game trope, as annoying as they may be.

Press them with a time limit on the cage opening.

Press them in any order.

Press them in a specific order. (most of the time touching the ground resets the event)

Have multiple triggers pressed simultaneously.

Batarangs and explosive foam can be used in most cases when triggers need to be set off in a specific order and "zooming in" on a specific explosive foam will allow you to trigger it separate of the other two foams that may be set.

It's a bit of a grind to get all the trophies, and it's non-essential to the total story of Arkham City, but IMMENSELY satisfying to do all the riddler trap rooms and meet face-to-face with Edward Nygma if you take the time and effort to do so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There really aren't that many variations on the pressure triggers. They're a pretty common video game trope, as annoying as they may be.

Press them with a time limit on the cage opening.

Press them in any order.

Press them in a specific order. (most of the time touching the ground resets the event)

Have multiple triggers pressed simultaneously.

Batarangs and explosive foam can be used in most cases when triggers need to be set off in a specific order and "zooming in" on a specific explosive foam will allow you to trigger it separate of the other two foams that may be set.

It's a bit of a grind to get all the trophies, and it's non-essential to the total story of Arkham City, but IMMENSELY satisfying to do all the riddler trap rooms and meet face-to-face with Edward Nygma if you take the time and effort to do so.
    Hmm, I don't think I've been able to use batarangs for the pressure pads, just the question marks where you hit the dot at the bottom. Explosive gel works on the pressure pads? That would open a bunch of possibilities, heck, even if I use the gel on the question marks I can already think of some that I could do much more easily than I have been attempting (the timed cage ones).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No, to get the pressure pads on walls you have to glide onto them, then hit A (or X on PS3) to reverse your glide. You have to touch all three (or four) pads before hitting the ground. I couldn't figure this out for the longest time but once you do it isn't that hard. The thing is, as soon as you touch the ground or anything else you have to start over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Hmm, I don't think I've been able to use batarangs for the pressure pads, just the question marks where you hit the dot at the bottom. Explosive gel works on the pressure pads? That would open a bunch of possibilities, heck, even if I use the gel on the question marks I can already think of some that I could do much more easily than I have been attempting (the timed cage ones).
    Sorry, my bad, batarangs and foam are for "triggers" (question mark neon signs typically)

pressure pads are the bigger discs that need to be stood on/landed on.

For both the triggers and the pads, the methods I listed above with time limit and order pretty much apply across the board.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks folks, I didn't know about the reverse glide, I've been screwing around with the zip line and coming up with nothing. The gel thing is going to solve a puzzle I thought was all about speed and double jump/rolling but couldn't get the last signal in time. Thanks for that too. Now I just need to figure out the one out in the water with the four cages that only have openings on top.