Thread: TecmoBowl vs RBI Baseball

Insert Coin (Level 0) TecmoBowlTerror's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default TecmoBowl vs RBI Baseball

http://www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com/index.html

Huge Tecmo Bowl strategy guide is posted with explicit instructions on stuffing the Raiders. RBI baseball strategy notes are outlined.
    Lots of other features including historical Tecmo Bowl season recaps, along with current season 4 up to date standings and info.

-Newest feature...Podcast page with youtube clips containing an audio snippet of information on the top 10 "named game" list
    -a top 10 Tecmo bowl "named games" list
    -legendary Tecmo Bowl games
    -Tecmo Bowl game logs
    -RBI pitching staff attributes
    -RBI batting line-up attributes
    and a slew of other odds and ends.

New content is posted daily/weekly. Bookmark and check back often.
    Last edited by TecmoBowlTerror; 04-05-2010 at 01:21 PM.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Where did you get the stats on RBI? I am wondering about the Speed, Power and the "CT"?

Also, what does the CT stand for?

Nice site, I can't wait til you get the pitchers stats up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MachineGex View Post
    Where did you get the stats on RBI? I am wondering about the Speed, Power and the "CT"?

Also, what does the CT stand for?

CT stands for "contact". I'll try my best to explain this...When you dont hit a ball with the sweet spot of the bat, it causes your batter to lose power points. These power points are the equivilent of your contact rating.

Tony Armas of Boston for instance.....his power rating is 918 and contact is 28. Should he hit one off the end of the bat(not make solid contact) his power rating drops to 890 instead of 918. he loses those 28 power points Hope that makes sense. Will Clark has 882 power and 13 contact rating, so she he not get good wood in the ball he still has a 869 power.

When they hit one thats right down the pipe they dont lose any power.

The stats for RBI come from http://dee-nee.com/rbi/ Its been unearthed by some guys who created the RBI editor and do all that rom hacking stuff. all the info is there, and a good forum with a lot of RBI chatter.

The info on RBI at Dee-Nee is based off "straight pitch" or as some call it "batting practice pitch" style games, unlike the regular anything goes style I play so some of our observations wil be different.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Finished out the season 3 information with playoff recaps.

We got a solid 16 games of Tecmo played over the weekend, and started a new season 4 page complete with spreadsheet breaking down the standings. With any luck we could get season 4 finished by mid spring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MachineGex View Post
    Agreed. RBI Baseball is a classic that I still play frequently. BTW, your batter stat images would look a lot crisper if you saved them as .gif files instead of .jpg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    Agreed. RBI Baseball is a classic that I still play frequently. BTW, your batter stat images would look a lot crisper if you saved them as .gif files instead of .jpg
    I'll have to go swap those files out to .gif and see how they look. Thanks for the tip. i do think the RBI stats were kinda sketchy/not that crisp to begin with though...I'll see how it shakes out.

Got 132 game logs posted a few days back. Thats really the lifeblood of tecmo...its history. Only have hundreds and hundreds more to get posted now. little by little the sites getting bigger.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

One question: Why do you have some teams swapped across conferences in Tecmo Bowl?
    Webmaster of the Cartoon Review Website!
    http://www.cartoonreviewsite.com

My sale thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettCRW View Post
    One question: Why do you have some teams swapped across conferences in Tecmo Bowl?

We randomly set up the 2 conferences each season, so its not always a traditional NFC vs AFC set up. Just a little set up quirk we do to mix it up. Also do that so that the NFC each year is not completely dominated by NY,CHI, and SF over and over and over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lots of updates and changes made daily/weekly. Huge in depth Tecmo Bowl strategy guide is up. Basic RBI baseball stragey notes are outlined.

-Top 10 Tecmo Bowl "named games"
    -Historical Tecmo season information is complete along with up to date current season
    -RBI pitching attributes are now posted with analysis on a couple squads.

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    BTW, your batter stat images would look a lot crisper if you saved them as .gif files instead of .jpg
    When i loaded the pitcher ratings they did look a bit crisper as a .gif. However, i think part of the problem lies with the font originally used to make the tables. I got them from a friends website, but I think changing that font(eventually) to something more bold would make the images much better.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey guys, I'm a fellow member over at dee-nee.com (which is where I know TecmoBowlTerror from). I googled his site name and found this page...we've been sending traffic to each other's sites, so I thought I'd post here. Between the two of us, we have some pretty unique stuff to offer. TBT's site is the only one I know of that offers (or will offer when completed) a full strategy guide on RBI...and mine is the only I know of that features the same RBI game we love featuring all 30 2010 teams in one game. I'm almost ready to release the final version.

My site also features a project that basically finishes what Tengen started, by including the remaining 16 teams from 1986/1987 in the game. Furthermore, it includes a spot on the site to compete against other folks online, and eventually as it grows, we'll start a league. For now, it's just for some online RBI fun.

The site is at http://www.rbibaseball.us

Thanks TBT for the traffic, and I hope you don't mind I hijacked your thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Turd View Post
    stuff
    This sounds unbelievably awesome and I'll definitely check it out tomorrow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Added a podcast page. We did a breakdown of the "top 10 named games" a while back just for the hell of it, and I posted a snippet of this on the new Podcast page. I'll be putting those together here and there in the future over a slew of different topics.

http://www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com/index.html

Insert Coin (Level 0) ConsoleAddict's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tim Burks? Never heard of him.

I know back in 1988 the Boston Red Sox had a budding superstar named Ellis Burks on their team. That's the guy's real name.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ConsoleAddict View Post
    Tim Burks? Never heard of him.

I know back in 1988 the Boston Red Sox had a budding superstar named Ellis Burks on their team. That's the guy's real name.
    Lots of controversy over this. The Red Sox on RBI are based off the 86 division winning team, and Ellis saw his 1st MLB action in 1987. Actually the 8 teams are all based off their division winning seasons of 86 or 87. So by that admission, Ellis shouldn't be on the game.

But who the hell is Tim Burks? He's listed in the instruction manual! Back in those days(88/89), I assumed he was a player who faded off the radar, and disappeared.

RBI has lots of historical inconsistencies especially with average and hr stats from the wrong years. Tony Armas' stats come from 84, and in 86 he wasnt really a force...but on the game he has one of the more powerful bats. Henderson played a minuscule role for the Sox in 86, yet is a pretty key player on the game.

Perhaps RBI had Expos reliever Tim Burke on the brain when they wrote the manual. For shits and giggles, I've always called him "Tim" because whats more awesome than a phantom player missing from the annals of MLB history?

Insert Coin (Level 0) ConsoleAddict's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TecmoBowlTerror View Post
    Lots of controversy over this. The Red Sox on RBI are based off the 86 division winning team, and Ellis saw his 1st MLB action in 1987. Actually the 8 teams are all based off their division winning seasons of 86 or 87. So by that admission, Ellis shouldn't be on the game.

But who the hell is Tim Burks? He's listed in the instruction manual! Back in those days(88/89), I assumed he was a player who faded off the radar, and disappeared.

RBI has lots of historical inconsistencies especially with average and hr stats from the wrong years. Tony Armas' stats come from 84, and in 86 he wasnt really a force...but on the game he has one of the more powerful bats. Henderson played a minuscule role for the Sox in 86, yet is a pretty key player on the game.

Perhaps RBI had Expos reliever Tim Burke on the brain when they wrote the manual. For shits and giggles, I've always called him "Tim" because whats more awesome than a phantom player missing from the annals of MLB history?
    Yeah, I remember Tim Burke from his days as a Montreal Expo. He was their closer for a few years.

I think they made an error in regards to Ellis' name, if that's who he's supposed to be. Yes, Ellis' first season in Boston was in 1987 so he shouldn't be in the line-up in the first place.