Thread: Talk about terrible timing (360 related)

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Talk about terrible timing (360 related)

I finally got my ME2 CE on Thursday, but didn't get around to playing it Friday night. To my dismay, I found that my 360 can no longer read disks. Tried blowing it out with canned air. I took off the hard drive and tried several games. None worked. It's looking like the disk drive is failing. Glad I got the extended warranty when I bought it.

Anyone else ever had their console fail just as a major game is released?

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I lined up at Walmart for about 1.5 hrs for GTA IV, was first in line, got home and suffered the RROD without even seeing the game. The next day I went to Future Shop and bought the Elite with a free copy of GTA IV. So I sold the copy to a buddy for 50 even (was 59.99 before tax in Canada). He got a break of about 17 bucks and I got $50 off my Elite, sent in the original console and now my son has one in his room. Guess I was the only loser in the deal, I ended up buying another console lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

It is stories like this that just make me shake my head and wonder what the hell was MS thinking making a system with so many problems. I own a 360 since day one, still working. It is just a matter of time before mine goes out. I really wish that they would make a "slim" model.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was hoping my would last. I've been very careful with mine. My room is pretty dusty so that could be part of the problem.

I just really hope the next xbox is backwards compatible. I don't imagine 360 aging very well.

Great Puma (Level 12) DeputyMoniker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    tellUwut

Quote Originally Posted by erehwon View Post
    I just really hope the next xbox is backwards compatible. I don't imagine 360 aging very well.
    Good point! It seems like they're going to have to make it backward compatible.

Click here to view my collection.
    DP FFXIV Username & Server List.

PSN, Switch, U, Steam, and Twitch: tellUwut

Insert Coin (Level 0) EColeman24's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by erehwon View Post
    I finally got my ME2 CE on Thursday, but didn't get around to playing it Friday night. To my dismay, I found that my 360 can no longer read disks. Tried blowing it out with canned air. I took off the hard drive and tried several games. None worked. It's looking like the disk drive is failing. Glad I got the extended warranty when I bought it.

Anyone else ever had their console fail just as a major game is released?
    Yeah I can feel your pain for me it was Lost Odyssey not that this game is any big blockbuster like GTA IV or Halo but it was something I had to wait to get and when I finally got my grubby little gamer paws on it...I got the RRoD oh I was pissed...damn thing had been working just the night before