Thread: animal crossing wii/ds/gamecube

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default animal crossing wii/ds/gamecube

I just bought a wii copy of animal crossing for the wii. (10 euro)

I played the gamecube version to death and played the ds version way less.
    After playing this 1 i came to 1 conclusion.

The gamecube version was the best.
    NES games, gameboy connection island.
    The only positive thing in the new version is the internet connection.

Your thoughts? About this and what can nintendo do in a new version?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've only played the gamecube version so I can't comment on how the others compare, but my wife and I loved it.

In the future I would like to see an Animal Crossing for the DS that borrows heavily from Treasure World (DS). Treasure World is essentially an Animal Crossing clone where you get a treasure every time your DS detects a new WiFi signal and these treasures translate to various items to decorate your screen with. It encourages you to take your DS everywhere you go in order to collect new WiFi signals (treasures). It's a neat feature although there isn't much more to the game.

I would like to see Animal Crossing take this feature and expand on it, maybe giving different treasures depending on the type of signal. Running across another DS signal could give a NES game, detecting a WiFi signal from a McDonalds might give you McD's themed furniture, etc..... Acquiring the furniture\games\etc.. in the first game became tedious and a bit of a chore after awhile (although I did find it fun at first to check Tom Nooks store) and this could help freshen the experience a bit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The treasures idea sounds good, but mostly I would like more interaction and things to do with people online and more ease of visiting towns.

Bring back the nes games too (with internet support), balloon fight over the net anyone?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I loved the Gamecube version. The wife and I played it to death and still visit it once in a while. The ground floor of my house has a ton of NES games.

DS version: I still play this even after 3+ years. I use it to relax my mind so I can sleep. Paid of the house, got 2 millions bells in the bank and my rooms situated the way I want.

Wii version: I hardly play this. It seems like a step back and sideways from the progression of AC and Wild World. Your house upgrades like it did in the original, which makes me scratch my head because W.W.'s was so much better. The DS version gave me 5 rooms to decorate and fill. What do I get in City Folk? Essentially 2 with mortgages I swear are more expensive. And what about the animals? The ones in the original do more things than what I see in C.F.

So what can Nintendo do? How about letting the player get into real estate? I'd love to own multiple houses and decorate them. Maybe Nintendo will actually USE WiiConnect24 to allow players, who are "allowed" to do things in a person's town, actually do something without the other player being online. Ok, so that's a bit out there BUT how about being able to actually use the games that we can get in the game? Being able to play pool with your buddies would be awesome and so would ping-pong. How about catch? Build more "mini games" into A.C. so people can do more than just fish, run, get fruit, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Chronogamer
    PSN
    Mekrabad

We played Animal Crossing Gamecube much more than we've done so with the Wii version. No experience with the DS version.

I guess I just miss the NES games. I LOVED the idea of getting those, but I understand that the Wii Store's Virtual Console is filling that role now. I would like it if the Virtual Console's game interface was more like Animal Crossing -- where you have a house and a game library, but also a store with what's available on a rotating basis (like Nook's store) and friends who also buy games, but only show you demos of them (sort of like advertising). Anyway, just my little fantasy about how I'd prefer the Virtual Console to work, or how I'd prefer Animal Crossing to work with old NES games/Virtual Console
    Chronogamer. Every game. Chronologically.
    Latest entry 31 March 2010
    I have forgotten to feed my fish...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I used to own all 3, but now I only own the GC one. I thought the Wii one had so much potential, but it ended up being just a rehash of the DS game. I think Nintendo should let some 2nd Party company handle the next one if they don't feel like putting in the work of making a real sequel.

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd like the Wii version much more if I could use the Gamecube controller. The Wii controlls are over the place for me. If you have something in your hands,forgetinng talking to anyone. If they run up to me and talk, I usually end up bashing them in the head with net, and they get pissed and run off.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

I played the Gamecube version nearly every single day for over a year, but that was back when I was working a crappy part time job in a backwoods jerkwater town, and Animal Crossing was basically my only escape.

I played the DS one for a good bit, but eventually I drifted away from it... I never got the Wii version.

I think it's obvious that all of us started with the Cube version, but I wonder what the opinion of someone who began with the Wii version would be...
    Last edited by joshnickerson; 01-31-2010 at 02:51 PM.

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Animal Crossing for the Gamecube is the best one. NES games, cool AR glitches and E-reader support. The No Mori e+ version is even better.

The DS Wildworld is okay. I never really played it for more than a week.

The Wii one sucks.