Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WII achievements.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default WII achievements.

Am i the only 1 that misses achievements or trophies for the wii?
    Im really missing this and hope the next gen nintendo will have some.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    x Just Scott x

I do too. I'm not an achievement whore, but I do enjoy gettting the achievements for my favorite games, it adds something extra to the game to complete.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Flippy8490

Achievements are fun. They do add a nice dimension of replayability (once to beat the game, then again to beat the game with all achievements). I do think they should take a different approach with it though, the Wii isn't for the "achievement whores" like the Xbox 360 tends to be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am a little bit of a trophy whore. I might buy more Wii games if they had an achievement-type system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    roflaid

Maybe next gen nintendo won't dissapoint me, but they'd rather print money. Its whatever, brah.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

One game, at least, has goals: SNK Arcade Classics. These goals are present in the PS2, PSP and Wii versions of the game.

But that's the only one I can think of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Both volumes of Pinball Classics (Williams and Gottlieb) have achievements.
    Williams' can be obtained with about 2 hours of game play.
    Gottlieb? Geez. Pack a lunch. Some are easy (Goin' Nuts, Genie, Sharp Shot), and some are impossible (I'm looking at you, Strikes and Spares).
    What bugged me was that Black Hole, the table I got the disc for, is one of the last tables to be unlocked. So I sad 'F-- this!' and got the code off Gamefaqs. (it's 'LIS', BTW...)
    Lick me! LICK ME!!

One of the hopeless idiots that runs SC3; (Southern California Classic Collectors):
    www.sc3videogames.com

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If Nintendo ever decides to do something like this, I do hope they stay original.

Something that I'd like to see done is a personal room, perhaps similar to Playstation Home. However, unlike home, it'd be based on unlockables rather than furniture items. For example, if you beat Metroid: Other M 2, you get a Samus poster to put on the wall of your room. If you beat it 100%, you'd get a gold plaque to go underneath the poster. If you found a secret in the game, you'd get a figurine of Samus to put on your table. It'd be similar for any game.

Instead of having some lousy number to compare to others, you'd have a virtual room full of stuff that you've earned.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

MegaMan 9 has achievements. I'd be willing to bet MegaMan 10 will too.

Quote Originally Posted by BetaWolf47 View Post
    If Nintendo ever decides to do something like this, I do hope they stay original.

Something that I'd like to see done is a personal room, perhaps similar to Playstation Home. However, unlike home, it'd be based on unlockables rather than furniture items. For example, if you beat Metroid: Other M 2, you get a Samus poster to put on the wall of your room. If you beat it 100%, you'd get a gold plaque to go underneath the poster. If you found a secret in the game, you'd get a figurine of Samus to put on your table. It'd be similar for any game.

Instead of having some lousy number to compare to others, you'd have a virtual room full of stuff that you've earned.
    I could see this as a downloadable channel. Just, basically, an empty box with a few little things in it from the get go, similar to how the players room works in Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Would you really want that? Every minute you spend reading "you got X item" notices, placing them in your virtual room, and admiring said room is time you could instead spend actually playing a game.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    Would you really want that? Every minute you spend reading "you got X item" notices, placing them in your virtual room, and admiring said room is time you could instead spend actually playing a game.
    Some people like customization.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    x Just Scott x

I think that's a good, creative idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    Admiring a room gets old. It'll give us more of an incentive to play the games, since playing and beating them would add more and more to the room.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Admiring a room gets old. It'll give us more of an incentive to play the games, since playing and beating them would add more and more to the room.
    That sounds so vapid. Call me old-fashioned, but I think if you need an outside incentive to play a game, what you really need to do is play a better game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unlockables have been an incentive for playing games for a long time now. Whether the unlockables are part of the game or part of some gallery shouldn't make that big of a difference. Things have changed a lot. For instance, people are now buying games for reasons other than playing them. I'm not one of them, however.

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I wish the Wii had little gamer placards like XBLA/PSN. That way I can give my friends shit for playing My Little Pony: Cupcake Jamboree or Barbie - Mani/Pedi Adventures.

Something like this
    |
    |
    V
    Scratch all this. I found one.
    Last edited by Damaramu; 02-10-2010 at 01:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate Playstation Home, and I don't really want to waste my time decorating a Wii home. If I get Wii achievements, I just want them to appear on my profile so I can show them off, like trophies. Adding the extra pointless step of adorning the achievements in your room like posters or furniture is to me just a waste of time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

(Brawl has a sort-of trophy system btw) Whilst I admit at the start I was in the 'achievements are crap, play for the game for the sake of playing it' camp I'm now rather fond of achievements and trophies and the Wii could definitely benefit from them. I was asked to think recently about 'my 5 greatest achievements' and I immediately thought 'fuck, 2 of them are on PS1, 1 on the the DC, 1 on the Wii and 1 on the DS*' which kinda made defining the achievements a little ambiguous. So just for that sake alone I'd say yes, Nintendo should add them.

*1. Completing FFVII in under 24 hours. 2. Getting a thought-to-be impossible time on the bowl track on Rollcage. 3. Maxing out and unlocking everything on Soul Calibur... twice. 4. 242 stars on Super Mario Galaxy. 5. 150 stars and everything unlocked on Mario 64 DS.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy Color View Post
    MegaMan 9 has achievements. I'd be willing to bet MegaMan 10 will too.
    Now that I think about it, so does Scribblenauts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Fuyukaze008

I could care less if they get any trophies or achievements. I play it for the game, not the extra crap that feels useless. After playing my 360 for half a year, I just dont see the point of them and frankly I'd rather they focus more on the games.