Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Famidrive-16 View Post
    How? Every single time I've tried it, it only hits a couple times.
    Focus attack, backdash, and Ultra. Presto!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Rufus' new ultra is perfect. It gives him a great tool to help deal with fireball-heavy characters, which has always been a problem for him. Of course, picking which ultra with him is now quite strategy and matchup dependent.

Chun's new ultra is also fantastic, and the fact that they gave her a way to reliably antiair opponents - that combos into it! - she's definitely better. Great for me.

I'm also digging goony ass Hakan and Juri.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Insert Coin (Level 0) Neo Cyrus's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If they don't release a PC version I'm not buying it. I paid the full release price of almost $80 for SF4 on the PS3 only to realize how low everything is turned down, basically cranked to the minimum. Then I had to wait an eternity (after the PC release date) until a store finally brought in a copy of the PC version. They complain about poor PC sale yet make no effort to bring in stock of the item. You can't sell what you don't ship.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
    If they don't release a PC version I'm not buying it. I paid the full release price of almost $80 for SF4 on the PS3 only to realize how low everything is turned down, basically cranked to the minimum. Then I had to wait an eternity (after the PC release date) until a store finally brought in a copy of the PC version. They complain about poor PC sale yet make no effort to bring in stock of the item. You can't sell what you don't ship.
    Steam, yo.

Insert Coin (Level 0) KEVMAN569's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Perfect timing on the RRoD

Strawberry (Level 2) Arcade_Ness's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KEVMAN569 View Post
    omg that sucks dude. I finally got online today and got about a dozen fights under my belt. I plan to main Juri. I've always had difficulty pulling off aerial specials, and Juri has a sweet jump kick that I can't use. Maybe my timing is off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

man i really like dee jay, i suck with charge characters but i've won a ton of matches using him.
    Last edited by Famidrive-16; 05-02-2010 at 12:35 AM.
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Strawberry (Level 2) Dastardly Dylan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    D2ME
    PSN
    D2ME

Ibuki is amazing, I'm also sticking to my previous main in SFIV Akuma, I'm really enjoying the game thus far!

Wii: 7782-6113-4774-2333
    Teh Pwn Shop! - YouTube - Twitter

Insert Coin (Level 0) KEVMAN569's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arcade_Ness View Post
    omg that sucks dude. I finally got online today and got about a dozen fights under my belt. I plan to main Juri. I've always had difficulty pulling off aerial specials, and Juri has a sweet jump kick that I can't use. Maybe my timing is off.
    Tell me about it. I main Deejay in ST and I'm wondering what epic changes they made. I saw EX upkicks are pretty beast and Machine gun upper juggles. From the looks of it his jab air slash has Guile like speed. Any other cool shenanigans with him?

Damn I need to get my Xbox sent out...

Giganticus breathalizer Mr Mort's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Tell me about it. I main Deejay in ST and I'm wondering what epic changes they made. I saw EX upkicks are pretty beast and Machine gun upper juggles. From the looks of it his jab air slash has Guile like speed. Any other cool shenanigans with him?

Damn I need to get my Xbox sent out...

His EX machine-gun uppercut is deadly if you have your opponent in the corner. You can follow up with an EX air slasher, EX or regular Dread Kick, the Climax Beat, or any standing normal.

If they're not in the corner, you can still follow up with an EX Air slaher or EX Dread Kick.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Super Street Fighter 4 came in today. I work night shifts at my job now so unfortunately won't be playing it until after midnight. It's been awhile since I sold SF4 because Gamestop was offering $20 credit for the game a couple months ago.

Weird thing is. I preordered it and it came in with the obvious resealed packaging. There are no scratches on the game, but why did they have to reseal it? I should complain that I got a used SSF4.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you are not going to sit on it sealed, I don't really think it matters too much.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Been playing around with the game a bit, and I've been REALLY focused on Hakkan. Hakkan is incredibly fun to use, and when he's oiled up his reach and damage is nuts. I think I'll be trying to use him more: people seem to take it personally when a huge oiled up dude shoots them out of his deadly 69. You know, for the win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Man. Are they fucking serious. The harder challenges are a bit ridiculous going by my use of Ryu only. Ryu's Challenge 21 is Standing MP, Focus Cancel, Standing MP, Focus Cancel, Standing MP, Shoryuken. The standing MP close range is the only one you can do as you don't have enough frames for the straight punch. After about 50 times and getting the second standing MP as the only connecting one and fucking up on the focus cancel, I just quit the challenges.

It's hard enough when MP and MK actually activate focus attack. Which for that single challenge I changed focus attack to one button due to that bullshit right there, but the ridiculously small amount of frames you have literally a fucking instant to move forward and do the second attack focus, and an instant to do the next move forward attack shoryuken.

Also why didn't Capcom remove that shitty easy mode style. Because we all love that the down forward pressed in a combo seven minutes ago still remains active because the combo isn't over yet. They should have shitty easy mode combo entry ON/OFF.

Other than the obvious bullshit it's a solid fighting game.

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've been enjoying the heck out of this lately. I'm using Ibuki quite a bit as she's my favorite out of the bunch.

I've realized I'm going to need a joystick as some of Ibuki's combo moves are difficult to do on the Mad Catz Street Fighter pads.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Hey dude, don't feel bad. I got RRoD too this week XD But it's alright, I have SSFIV on the Ps3, and I'll be playing that in the meantime. If you want to play a gimmicky Adon/Makoto/Guy, send an invite to

PSN name: Cannon_Spook

Anyway, I've been having a ton of fun using Makoto in ranked. And I thought Cammy had to work for a win XD We need to get an Endless Battle lobby set up.

Kupo, honestly, the trials are about the same in this game than they were in the other game. Typical one frame links that are hard to do on a pad (although I managed to do all of SFIV's trials on a pad) but on a stick it's so much easier. Once I get my 360 back, I'll go through all of them. I'm already done with Adon's, Cammy's, Cody's, and Guy's. On the Ps3 I did all of Makoto's because I really wanted the Makoto block XD

But really though, any of you guys using Makoto? She looks to be one of the weaker of the newer characters (although all the new characters are pretty solid, so it's not saying too much), but she's ridiculously fun to use. I'm trying to master her kara-karakusa. It's one of those cases where it's easy to pull off in training mode, but in a real match, it's just a clusterfuck of button inputs XD But it's alright, I'll keep training with her and eventually be able to pull that off on reaction.

Seriously though, we gotta get some games in guys. In about a week or two I'll be on both X-Box Live and PSN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I got to the very last challenge on Cody and the last challenge seems impossible. As soon as I do the Tornado attack and then hit the Focus Cancel, Dan is already blocking. I've done it atleast 20 times and some absolutely perfect. I'm talking about as soon as the move gets pulled off focus cancel goes and I'm already dashed forward and hitting him with a low and HE STILL BLOCKS.

Anyways. Playing as Cody I seem to be able to do pretty well against practice, but when actually playing him I'm not too great. If I get up to them I can do some decent combos(not pro type but lp, mp, hp upper.) Impossible to crossup someone that's anywhere near decent because you have to be right next to them in order to jump over them.

When I pick up the knife I have pretty much won the match as his attack power is extremely high for attacks and it's got a huge range. You unfortunately can't link any attacks from a knife attack which sucks. This is a character I would like to get good with on this game.

Also. I played some very good player using Ryu while I was using Ryu. You know those combos in challenges? The harder ones? He pulled off three to four of those in the two rounds I lost. I honestly stood no chance.

Then some guy playing as... well.. Guy. Another person who was very good. Every time he got me in a standard attack he did the Final Fight combo. There's not a move for it so he actually did each hit properly, ending with the back HK I think(the only one I know for sure is the end of the combo.) Maybe it was just him being a douchebag or maybe that's just how he plays. The other thing is the speed this guy did Focus cancels across the screen was pretty fast so you couldn't do anything to him without him absorbing the damage. I at first started making actions towards him to jump over him and a crossover but he did the backdash then spin kick. Another person I just couldn't do anything against. Though this guy seemed more cheap, so I could end up always figuring out a way of doing that.

I'm fairly good, so any scrub is no problem, but I unfortunately am not good enough to actually be a challenge to a real player. Also I know during doing the trials I'm just as good as I was before. I can't get better on a game such as this when it comes to the push the combo in within two frames of the prior attack. I wish like normal fighters it would allow you to put in the combo right before the ending frames of the previous combo. I mean Street Fighter 4 itself is inconsistent. You have your standard attacks that need to be during the exact frame of the last ending attack, but when very few standard attacks or all special attacks to have them lead from the previous attack you're required to do them during the first couple frames of the previous attack coming out or sometimes the exact frame of a previous attack. Please add some consistency to this bullshit Capcom. If everything was based on the end frame except for, obviously, EX Focus Cancels, I'd be able to pull off these combos left and right, but they're not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
    But really though, any of you guys using Makoto? She looks to be one of the weaker of the newer characters (although all the new characters are pretty solid, so it's not saying too much), but she's ridiculously fun to use. I'm trying to master her kara-karakusa. It's one of those cases where it's easy to pull off in training mode, but in a real match, it's just a clusterfuck of button inputs XD But it's alright, I'll keep training with her and eventually be able to pull that off on reaction.

Seriously though, we gotta get some games in guys. In about a week or two I'll be on both X-Box Live and PSN
    I play a bit of Makoto in 3S, and I'm thinking that SSFIV Makoto is going to require an entirely different tack than in SF3. No parries into grab REALLY hurts her. She's great fun when you get on a guessing roll, but her one trick isn't very good in this game. At least standing strong is still crazy good.

Seriously though: HAKAN. Crisco cancels are fun.

Kupo, I actually found the trials in this game to be a bit easier than in vanilla SFIV: the ability to skip to further trials at will can sometimes help you figure out what you need to do in earlier trials. I can't think of a specific example right now, because if I could I'd look much smarter, but hang in there. Also, learning how to 'plink' can REALLY help with those ridiculous 1 frame links.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

P-linking seriously does help immensely. I honestly thought p-linking was fake until I tried it myself, and it's even mentioned in the Prima strategy guide for the game. I bought it because I thought it had the new frame data on everyone, but it just has the new characters

Also, I actually find the new trials easier too. Adon's last one was a little difficult because the spacing was so damn weird on it I was hoping Viper's trials would have more silly tricks, but unfortunately they're about the same.
    Last edited by Nirvana; 05-03-2010 at 12:41 AM.

Strawberry (Level 2) Arcade_Ness's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been having a lot of fun with Juri online. A couple of things I like are that her strong punch is damn affective against jump ins, storing fireballs is great for keeping your opponent on his toes, EX Pinwheel is too good, her counter is fun for mindgames or at least until your opponent catches on, and finally she can dash under projectiles if you get the timing down(though only against some characters).

Oh how I loathe mirror matches; I've had a handful of them so far. I guess Juri is kind of popular right now.