Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Super Street Fighter IV

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Anwyays. Sagat is still overpowered, but people don't use him, except this one player I played who lost against me, then he played using T Hawk and I got a perfect second round(go me.)

The new chick with the kicks brings less balance to the game. I haven't used her, but her regular special attack hits half the screen. No one ever did it and I don't know why, but jumping at all against her seems like it would basically get you hit so you're forced on the ground if it was against someone who know how to play as her, so that lessens what you can do against her or how you can play against her. Just from playing against her the character seems very cheap. Her projectile attacks are like Akuma's Super Hadokens that cannot be stopped with another projectile, another thing to give her an advantage, shoot a low one and you're protected from any projectiles except Sagat's heavy Tiger Shot.

Anyways. It's based on me never playing the character, but that seems how she would be used.

The game is already starting to bore me though. Good thing that I technically got it for $26 and it's going for atleast $35 on Ebay. I'll be making money and if I ever decide I want to get it again I can pick it up for $20. I'll play a few more days before I throw it on there. Maybe I might change my mind.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Quote Originally Posted by Arcade_Ness View Post
    I've been having a lot of fun with Juri online. A couple of things I like are that her strong punch is damn affective against jump ins, storing fireballs is great for keeping your opponent on his toes, EX Pinwheel is too good, her counter is fun for mindgames or at least until your opponent catches on, and finally she can dash under projectiles if you get the timing down(though only against some characters).

Oh how I loathe mirror matches; I've had a handful of them so far. I guess Juri is kind of popular right now.
    Oh god, I've faced so many damn Juri players in the last couple of days XD I still need to get used to that fast dive kick of hers. I eat way too many of those.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
    Oh god, I've faced so many damn Juri players in the last couple of days XD I still need to get used to that fast dive kick of hers. I eat way too many of those.
    Even worse, the pinwheel actually beats out electricity and, if timed moderately well, non-EX ball. Blanka has issues with that match up, especially against people who just spam that move all day.

EDIT: .... Hakan's oily toward roundhouse AUTO TECHS THROWS.

His CRAZY GOOD HARD KICK COMMAND NORMAL TECHS THROWS!

Also, you can apparently input a focus cancel or follow up to the oil slide immediately following the original input, which is a buffer that stretches the definition of the word. IN ADDITION, though I haven't been able to make it work yet, you can supposedly transfer the throw teching ability of his forward roundhouse into a focus attack, which makes the focus attack un-throwable. God bless training mode technicians: Ultra David in particular.
    Last edited by G-Boobie; 05-04-2010 at 01:33 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

XD oh wow. I just watch that video. That's pretty different. Eventually there will be Hakan players who master buffering this motion with other things, making it seemingly impossible to throw him. God, that's gonna suck, especially since I'm the ultimate throw abuser XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

So I went to Midwest Championships. Didn't do too hot. Won my first two rounds, lost in the third round to a shenanigans Blanka XD. Then won my loser's bracket match, then lost to a guy who I've faced a million times before and we always have even sets, so it was a 50-50 game no matter what. I hit all my links pretty well overall, I just did some dumb stuff. My fundamentals were quite off. But I know I'll only improve from here. I just wish MWC didn't come at such a bad time for me. A lot of my time this week has been spent studying for finals as opposed to playing SSFIV.
    Last edited by Nirvana; 05-09-2010 at 05:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Yeah, I went to MWC, but missed the SF4 signup. Given how crappy I did in tatsunoko and HDR though maybe it wasn't such a bad thing! I am pissed they lost my reg form and didn't have me down for any tournaments until I asked what the hell was going on.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

MWC stream was fun, didn't see most of it today though cause I had other things to do.

It was funny how they set Fighter's Destiny back up for casuals
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus View Post
    Yeah, I went to MWC, but missed the SF4 signup. Given how crappy I did in tatsunoko and HDR though maybe it wasn't such a bad thing! I am pissed they lost my reg form and didn't have me down for any tournaments until I asked what the hell was going on.
    I think I was like, literally right behind you when they were going through the signup sheets looking for your information. I was like wtf happened? But I read your post at SRK, and I see now.
    Last edited by Nirvana; 05-11-2010 at 10:40 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) TheClash603's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TheClash603
    PSN
    TheClash603

Default Where's the Bison love?

I have played 93 matches of Super Street Fighter IV and I have yet to fight another Bison. I can't be the only one that uses him?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mine just did too!!!! uuuhhhhhh!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KEVMAN569 View Post
    Perfect timing on the RRoD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Quote Originally Posted by TheClash603 View Post
    I have played 93 matches of Super Street Fighter IV and I have yet to fight another Bison. I can't be the only one that uses him?
    My god. No way. I've fought a ton of Bisons, 360 and Ps3. His buffs are great, and his new ultra is incredible. I hate dealing with him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    EMC2INTOSH

Purchased this last Friday. I had sold Street Fighter IV a while back so im trying to get back into this game... im very rusty. Not that I was all that great to begin with but im not as bad as i've been playing. Dudley is great.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

My god. No way. I've fought a ton of Bisons, 360 and Ps3. His buffs are great, and his new ultra is incredible. I hate dealing with him.
    I've played four or five so far, mostly turtling or spamming the shoulder jump. Only one I'd say was any good and I only lost one round because I didn't realise the new ultra actually could leap over you if performed close enough and hence I was blocking the wrong way around on execution. As the Who would say, won't get fooled again...

Insert Coin (Level 0) KEVMAN569's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Came home yesterday to find a UPS notice on my door. Xbox came but no one was home. Glad they missed me though because I had a shitload of homework and I might have been too tempted to put it off to play. I'll get the package tomorrow and I'll pick up SSF4 and hopefully be able to play some of you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

I've been playing way too impatient lately. I have to remember that this game rewards turtles.

Insert Coin (Level 0) KEVMAN569's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been playing way too impatient lately. I have to remember that this game rewards turtles.
    Got my Xbox back! Shortly after I realized how much I don't like SF4's engine. I played some Ryu who completely zoned me out. In Super Turbo I can get in on zoners no problem.

Deejay's slide sucks. His upkicks are garbage too (besides EX; that thing is beast). Actually, I think they lowered the priority in all of his moves, which sucks. I loved being able t obeat out most moves witth cr. MP. One thing that is good about him is his cool combos (like his Ultra 2 juggle after EX MAchine Upper) I want to learn him in this game so bad but I think I might pick up Abel or Hakan instead.

Gamertag is ThatKidPoret. I'd like to play you all if possible.
    Last edited by KEVMAN569; 05-18-2010 at 07:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As a Chun player, I am loving her new ultra!

I'm liking Juri too, but I dunno if she is going to hold my interest. I like her pokes, and definitely her damage output, but something about her...she's too much like Ken or something I dunno...

Liking T Hawk as a secondary/tertiary. Just how I like my Zangief. Fun. I'm decent, but I know some matchups, forget it.

Guy is looking like crap ass. Has anybody lost to Guy yet? Ever?

Abel is looking amazing with his new ultra....damn I wish I could play a good Abel (and I've put time in, just suck as him). I'm seeing some amazing Abel shit out there right now.

Cody's solid. You know what's coming, but you still get hit. Like Ryu. A beginner friendly powerhouse.

Liking Dudly, and he's fun to play against.

Still on the fence about Ibuki. Is she really good, or do I just need to learn to defend all her tricks?

Makato...what? Never played 3, but what is the appeal? She sucks, she's boring to play against, and she ... i dunno, throws you? lame.

Adon is fun, but not really figuring out how to mix it up yet.

Overall, I think they broke online. Endless battle is a mess. Everybody gets kicked anytime the host leaves...wtf is that? Especially after waiting 10 minutes to play. You can be smack in the middle of a match, and the host leaves, and everybody gets disconnected. It is the digital equivalent of "i hate you guys, i'm going home AND I'M TAKING MY BALL WITH ME". I've yet to play more than 3 matches without this kicking "feature" ruining my game.
    Endless battle is a mess.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by whoisKeel View Post
    As a Chun player, I am loving her new ultra!
    Me too, but man, it does very little in the way of damage. It's crazy easy to land, but so are many other character's ultras, and they actually hurt people. I probably shouldn't complain: Chun is looking better this time around overall.

Guy is looking like crap ass. Has anybody lost to Guy yet? Ever?
    Guy is fucking DANGEROUS, assuming the player knows what he's doing. His four hit target combo into EX shoulder into the corner does INSANE damage (more than Chun's ultra II combo'd off of EX legs, actually), and then the mixups begin. The problem with Guy is actually getting that combo off: if you don't know what you're doing, he's hard to come to grips with, but I think he's going to end up scary in expert hands. He's got a reliable way around fireballs, his EX hurricane kick beats damn near everything, he's got a GREAT ultra I, he has a couple of ways to combo reliably into it, and his two command grabs are great too. I'll bet money that his match ups against Tier Hawk and Gief end up being something like 1-9, but I think he can do OK against anyone else.

Makato...what? Never played 3, but what is the appeal? She sucks, she's boring to play against, and she ... i dunno, throws you? lame.
    In SF3, Makoto was serious trouble because of two basic options.

1) parry into karakusa into hayate combo into crazy scary mixups in which she kills you
    2) dash up karakusa into hayate combo into crazy scary mixups in which she kills you

She also had a 100% touch of death combo which was exceptionally situational, but yeah. The point is, Makoto seems to have been designed around the parry concept: you couldn't get too crazy around her, or she'd do bad things to you. You couldn't let HER get too crazy either or she takes advantage of your hesitation and does the same thing. Playing a really good Makoto in 3s is basically playing Russian roulette with every single guess; she could literally do ANYTHING she wanted after the command grab. Think about it: a command throw that can deal upwards of thirty percent damage if you land it ONCE. Even more if she decides to super you or you end up stunned afterward. You learn to play carefully after you get hit with that.

Her stun output was crazy good too: three nice combos means you're standing there taking whatever she wants to give you. She was a lot of fun, and one of the best characters in the game. Her play style worked because it was designed around the SF3 engine, and like a lot of characters in the game, one opening could lead to ridiculous damage and scary wake up games afterward.

In SSFIV, she's not nearly as focused in concept. Her playstyle still revolves around her command grab and mixups, but the lack of the parry (and the stupid ass jab/throw/DP mashing this game allows thanks to short hit and block stun) means that there's less room for error. She's going to be a character for the pros, I think. I've been messing around with her during casuals, and I like her a lot, but she has to work VERY hard, even with tricks like the kara-karakusa and hayate feint cancel. I guess we'll see, huh?
    Last edited by G-Boobie; 05-20-2010 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Stun!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Chun's new ultra may not do much damage, but actually being able to connect it puts it far above her old one in my book :P
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Anyone use Abel here? His new ultra is incredible, especially if you face people who always escape his mixup games by simply jumping away from him. I learned this the hard way, unfortunately. Thank god I have EX Cannon Strike do mess around with the timing, though.

I'm trying to get the "To C to Shining C" achievement. I don't think I'll get it anytime soon My Dhalsim and Rose are terrible.