Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by ubersaurus View Post
    Chun's new ultra may not do much damage, but actually being able to connect it puts it far above her old one in my book :P
    You are of course correct, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
    I'm trying to get the "To C to Shining C" achievement. I don't think I'll get it anytime soon My Dhalsim and Rose are terrible.
    Word. Try getting to C rank with Hakan: I'm finding it difficult.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    EMC2INTOSH

I forgot how good M. Bison is to play with. On Street Fighter IV I hardly picked him. Now hes the main person I pick on ranked matches. I love his new ultra.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lacking online friends to play with (yeah, I'm a closet gamer), so if you fancy some C-ranked (for now!) Ryu action, add me on PSN: SloaneRangerSW1
    Sony, we will NEVER forget nor forgive. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G0LlXv-nyI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm trying to get the "To C to Shining C" achievement. I don't think I'll get it anytime soon My Dhalsim and Rose are terrible.
    hahaha my only C (or C+, anyways) character right now is T Hawk
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Getting to C with my usual Sagat wasn't too taxing... will be interesting for some of the others though if I want to pursue it. Getting a decent amount of success with Juri currently...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anyone use Abel here? His new ultra is incredible, especially if you face people who always escape his mixup games by simply jumping away from him. I learned this the hard way, unfortunately. Thank god I have EX Cannon Strike do mess around with the timing, though.

Oh I've tried, and tried...and never could do much (in the original). I dunno, just can't grasp this character. Like I said earlier tho, Abel is a BEAST in the right hands, and his new ultra is downright scary. Abel is one of my most feared matches at higher levels.

'To C to Shining C"...that sounds great! Normally I couldn't care less for achievements, but this one sounds fun and worthwhile...and difficult.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

It actually is pretty fun, although I'm doing it completely backwards. So far I've done it with characters I'm already decent with, as opposed to using characters I'm unfamilar with. Here's who I have it done with:

Ryu
    Ken
    Cammy
    E. Honda
    Crimson Viper
    Adon

It's gonna suck when I have to start using Rose, Dhalsim, Ibuki, etc.

Also, I was messing around in ranked yesterday, and I decided to use Ultra II for Cammy (CQC, the counter ultra) and it actually has some uses. The best person to use it against is definitely Viper. Once I get ultra, the flame kick crossup shenanigans stop. Either that or they eat CQC. This is extremely helpful because cannon spike doesn't always autocorrect them. I think it'll be useful against the Akuma vortex too...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Any you guys still playin? I've been using Crimson Viper a lot lately. Her mixups are second to none, I swear. Not to mention, it's so satisfying pulling off an SJC -> Ultra on someone in battle. ^_^

Not to mention, I like her matchup against Balrog much better than Cammy's. Only thing bad is that she's also terrible against Honda XD

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Any you guys still playin? I've been using Crimson Viper a lot lately. Her mixups are second to none, I swear. Not to mention, it's so satisfying pulling off an SJC -> Ultra on someone in battle. ^_^

Not to mention, I like her matchup against Balrog much better than Cammy's. Only thing bad is that she's also terrible against Honda XD
    Honestly, Cammy is not as bad against Honda as these tier lists claim....Viper definitely has more problems with Honda than Cammy does....

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTR View Post
    Honestly, Cammy is not as bad against Honda as these tier lists claim....Viper definitely has more problems with Honda than Cammy does....
    Cammy is one of the few that can destroy people in this game with a little practice.

She have a Sagat Tiger Knee move (Cannon Spike from the air), we all know that the she have one of the most deadliest C's (moves) in the game.

He cannon drill does chip damage. The lk does one hit, but can be used in a block string.

Cannon Spike, DP version, takes priority over so many moves. Don't jump or feel the wrath of it.

The hooligan command throw is veracious. To many people jump in the air when they see somebody do the EX. The usual outcome is, Cammy doing

She really complete, the health is her only problem. If she had more health she would be a major threat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy Talon View Post
    Cammy is one of the few that can destroy people in this game with a little practice.

She have a Sagat Tiger Knee move (Cannon Spike from the air), we all know that the she have one of the most deadliest C's (moves) in the game.

He cannon drill does chip damage. The lk does one hit, but can be used in a block string.

Cannon Spike, DP version, takes priority over so many moves. Don't jump or feel the wrath of it.

The hooligan command throw is veracious. To many people jump in the air when they see somebody do the EX. The usual outcome is, Cammy doing

She really complete, the health is her only problem. If she had more health she would be a major threat.
    CHIPS AHOY!
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Quick question regarding Honda, as I'm seeing a few more online. Sumo Splash spammage... I've tried to punish on block, but am I timing it wrong or is it really that safe? It's like people are drawing over silly tactics from ST or something...

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mayhem: Honda has advantage if you don't "guess" right against it. He is vulnerable after the first bounce from his butt when he lands from it, but it's hard to punish that online and it's way easier to punish if you use an uppercut character.

Also, it's a mixup guess. If you try jumping away, Honda can EX buttsmash you, if you stand there, you might get stuck in blockstun for a second if Honda does another, unless you are down, then he can cross you up with one forcing you to block the other way, or you can stand there and just get Ochioed...safest thing is just to do crouch jabs into your own mixups but EX headbutt sometimes hits that if your timing is off.

I know it sounds like a lot to deal with it, but it's not. He can't do this against any uppercut characters (especially Cammy) and he can't do it against any 360 characters...

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncy Talon View Post

Interrobang!

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

I know it sounds like a lot to deal with it, but it's not. He can't do this against any uppercut characters (especially Cammy) and he can't do it against any 360 characters...
    Cheers for that... I'm playing Sagat normally and going for the tiger knee on block, but Honda is usually blocking those by the time it activates. Guess I'll be trying the tiger uppercut a little earlier into the move then... get that muscle memory operating...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

I'm not huge on tier lists, but there's only one tier list that people are really using, I don't know what other ones you've seen.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_p_mijyntof...st-may2010.png

It has Cammy vs Honda listed at 6-4, so the tier list isn't exactly claiming that the matchup is awful. But to say Cammy vs Honda isn't in Honda's favor is foolish. I've had a much easier time dealing with Honda with Viper than Cammy because she has a lot more mixups and crossups than Cammy. Block strings into TK feint or overhead are all great ways to deal with Honda on the ground. Maybe it's just me, but playing the patient game with Viper is much easier than with Cammy against Honda.

Butt splash destroys divekick pressure from Cammy, as it beats it from an absurd amount of angles. Cammy has her new crossup LK to help out, but that's about all she has on him, aside from taking away his butt splash pressure with her cannon spike. But he doesn't really need that against her, as he can just sit there and wait for her to make a move. Honda has the advantage in damage output (as he does against the majority of the cast) and his normals snuff her out pretty well (standing roundhouse, neutral jump fierce to be exact). Honda can pretty much lame out any character with a fireball just by sitting there the entire game (with a few exceptions of course, Rufus comes to mind), but it truly is a challenge to get close to Honda and then even deal enough damage to finish him off.

And Chauncey Talon: I agree with most of what you said, as Cammy is definitely easy to use. But a few things

- Both LK and MK Cannon Drill do one hit, and ALL drills can be used in block strings.

- Hooligan throw is near useless to high level play. I mostly use it for positioning, if anything.

- Low level play, Cammy is the queen. But smart players who are used to teching throws definitely make Cammy players work for her wins.
    Last edited by Nirvana; 06-30-2010 at 12:20 PM.

Lamer Gamer Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Geoffvdl
    PSN
    Geoffvdl

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Cheers for that... I'm playing Sagat normally and going for the tiger knee on block, but Honda is usually blocking those by the time it activates. Guess I'll be trying the tiger uppercut a little earlier into the move then... get that muscle memory operating...
    Try focusing on reaction to his take off, too: if you time it perfectly, you can focus the butt splash and crumple him for a free bonus combo of your choice (assuming of course he isn't crossing you up with it. In that case, dash cancel and reset the situation).
    Last edited by G-Boobie; 06-30-2010 at 01:09 PM.

Chaos Knight
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Mayhem64

Yeah, I've been trying to focus react on it too, but it isn't easy to get those two fingers onto the middle buttons in a pinch

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nirvana: Sorry man, cross up RH dive kick and the fact she has so many options from jabs to dives to crouch short to combo make it risky for Honda to do much when she is in...you can't just butt slam all that, she baits it too easily and Hnda can't charge up fast enough on a lot of things to outpoke her.

Honda's Stand RK may be good, but Cammy's pokes are faster and better sans Maybe Honda's up close jab, but CS knockdown is silly...mixup games are sillier...

I don't go by any of these tier lists. The one I made up myself at the beginning ends up being close to the final one anyway....I can't believe people had Viper and Dudley so low in the last one...the reason I don't believe these things is because I use every single character in the game and know the matchups pretty well.

Since Honda is one of my best characters I can say without a doubt the "spazziness" of Cammy is a very big factor as opposed to the control of most of the other cast and because of her up close grab game alone with mixups Honda really has to guess correctly on a counter. He has a much bigger advantage over Viper because of the jump FP and the fact that most of Viper's jump ins whiff and are too slow on recovery against his power....

Unpredictable Cammy = harder for Honda than knowing how to block Viper's stuff. If you've played experienced Vipers, they are still controlled, Cammy is never controlled.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on it =P
    Last edited by DreamTR; 07-01-2010 at 03:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Cannon Spook
    PSN
    Cannon_Spook

Good points. An issue with my argument is that I don't face enough high level Hondas, or enough Hondas to begin with. I used to have a big problem with Balrog, but not so much anymore. As we both know, Honda isn't a very popular character, so the matchup can be confusing to those who are not used to it. citiofbrass's Honda gave me a rough time (although it was awhile since I've faced him) but usually every time I run into a Honda online that honestly doesn't seem that great I always close matches with them.

But enough about that. I'm having a lot of fun using Crimson Viper lately. It's unbelievable how many mixups she has and unpredictable she truly can be. I'm not sure whether I'll get to the point where my Viper will be tourny viable, although I do prefer to use her against certain characters rather than Cammy.

Edit: Damn. I'm watching Box Arena stream right now, and Steinmania, a great Cammy player from Cali, eliminated Alex Valle in losers...but got wrecked by Mike Ross's Honda o_O. Honestly, this is easy for me to say since I'm not there, but I would have been way more patient. He did some crazy random stuff that got punished hard by Honda. He didn't even try getting into a poking contest, and although I think its hard for Cammy in that matchup, standing jab definitely would have cut down some of the Honda pressure and at least kept him honest. He was just in his face.
    Last edited by Nirvana; 07-03-2010 at 11:41 PM.