Thread: 6-in-1 Jamma selector help

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 6-in-1 Jamma selector help

Hello all,

I bought a 6-in-1 jamma selector and I am having an issue with it. I cant select a board after I hook up the selector to my machine. The power is reaching the board without an issue because the lone light on the component side is lit up (labeled LED7). Unfortunately, there are lights by the individual board slots that are not working. I heard that after you power the 6-in-1, it doesnt default to a certain board. In other words, you have to select which board you want to play each time you turn on your system with the provided remote. I have tried to select all the slots and none of them are responding. When I connect any of the six PCBs directly to my system, they play with no problem.

Other info you may need to know is that i am going to run all Konami boards in the 6-in-1 (Turtles, Turtles in Time, Simpsons, Crime Fighters, Vendetta and Sunset Riders) I thought this may be significant because I heard there are power issues with Midway boards. Also, each picture i have seen online also has a wire connecting the 1st and 14th pin on the jamma connector on the 6-in-1 itself (those pins are a ground and the video ground i think). My board didnt come with that wire. We have tried to put the board in 3 different jamma based cabinets that I have, and the same results are happening.

I have provided some pictures of my board powered on, powered off, and a picture of the selector online with that wire soldered in on the pins for comparison. If anyone has any experience with these selectors or any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks!
    Frank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Lt Sans Pants

I think your best bet would be to try to contact the company that made the switcher board, they'd help troubleshoot your problems better than we could.
    TooManyGames
    "Let us play!"
    www.toomanygames.com