Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Thrift store find:

Dreamcast console - no wires or hookups - $1.91
    Dreamcast controllers (x2) - no VMU's - $1.41 ea.

Cool Nerf blaster for the kids - $1.91

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Local gamestop gave me two over their huge over sized pokemon boxes. I should bug them about free stuff more often.

Banana (Level 7) SamuraiSmurfette's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well, I saw and ad on Kijiji listing "50 gallon blue bin full of videogame and dvd stuff for sale" mentioning things like simpsons/futurama/south park dvd boxsets, ps2 guitar hero and guitars, boxed nes games, snes system, gamecube light up sign, PS2 system with controllers, other stuff for $75" He didn't have a picture or anything, but it seemed like a lot of stuff, so I said Id take it (I've kinda wanted a spare PS2 for the spare bedroom to watch dvd's on). He emailed back and said his brother wanted the PS2, but I could have everything else for $40. I figured why not. I really wanted the light up sign the most anyways, and it would be worth $40 to me I figure.

Just one problem. He said I had to come TODAY to get it. Normally, that's not a problem, but one of our cars is in the shop for repairs, and my partner took my car to get to work.
    So, I was left with...the Vespa.

I carried ALL of this home, across town, on it.

It works, it's awesome.
    Everything else was just a bonus
    Funny thing is too, when I got there, he opens the bin, and right on top is the sign.
    He says "you probably don't want this, right?" And almost throws it!
    Last edited by SamuraiSmurfette; 03-24-2010 at 03:23 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Google 4 Gaga
    Last edited by UnpluggedClone; 05-28-2010 at 06:12 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That Gamecube sign is sweet!
    Today I found Double Strike (NES) $5 & Mr Do! (SNES) $15 (more than I wanted to pay, but I've been wanting this one for awhile, also very minty.)
    Both games were loose. I found these at a Disc Replay store. This is the kind of store where they are not interested in the instructions and will hand them back to you if you trade in cartridge games, they will keep them for disc games of course. I traded in a Tetris (NES) w/ instructions and they gave them back. The Mr. Do! looks like its brand new, makes me wonder if they didn't accept the "worthless" instructions and box.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    JanLazer

Snagged today at a hole-in-the-wall game shop I've never seen before(probably cause they just opened in December):

God Hand (PS2) - $5.99
    Robotech: Battlecry (Xbox) - $1.99

Was TRYING to keep to RPGs, but I hear a lotta good things about God Hand and can't seem to really locate it around here...And I dunno where my copy of Robotech went, but I demand more Veritech action!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Early last week

TurboGrafx-16
    --
    Cyber Core - card only, from ebay as usual for the TG16.

The remaining five games were $5 each. All are complete.

Phantom Brave (PS2) - good game, but so long... I don't know when I'll find the time for this.
    Capcom Fighting Evolution (PS2) - not great, but not terrible. Needed more characters. I like the gameplay, which is solid classic stuff, but it just needs more content and a lot more options. Why is there only one single-player mode, no color edit, no groove edit, etc, etc?
    Red Ninja: End of Honor (Xbox) - bad, but oh well.
    Project Gotham Racing 2 / Xbox Live Arcade (Xbox) - I'm not a realistic racing fan... the XBLA demos are entertaining, though. Too bad now it's impossible to play the full versions of the games because Xbox Live for the original Xbox has been taken.
    Frogger Beyond (Gamecube) - Very much like Frogger 1 (PSX/PC) and Frogger 2 (PSX/PC/DC), which is a good thing... Frogger talks, which is bad, and the new look for Frogger is horrible, and some of the music is awful, but the actual gameplay is good, solid challenging Frogger fun.

For the below games, all cartridge games were cart only. The Xbox games were complete.

Last Friday (3/19)
    --

All of this was $31 total.

NES
    --
    Gargoyle's Quest II - Not quite as good as the first game on the GB, but still quite good.
    Gyruss - The best version of an arcade classic!

SNES
    --
    Magic Sword - very good game...

N64
    --
    Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion - Great game! Fixes everything wrong with Turok 2.
    Dark Rift - entertainingly bad Toshinden ripoff. Terrible, sure, and frustrating (such annoying AI...), but it's just amusing enough to be worth getting anyway.

Xbox
    --
    Grabbed by the Ghoulies - Haven't played this yet, but I've heard mixed opinions.
    Guilty Gear X2 #Reload - Great game!

Monday (3/22)
    --

$10 total.

NES
    --
    Bionic Commando - one of the great classics! I like the GB and GBC games better though.
    Ikari Warriors II: Victory Road - mediocre, sure, but classic... though Iron Tank and Guerrilla War are definitely SNK's best NES run&gun games.

N64
    --
    Buck Bumble - Okay game, seems fun. Haven't played much of it yet.

Yesterday (3/23)

Genesis
    --
    Pirates! Gold - complete (with map and manual), $4 -- Got it because of the price of course... the game's good, I know, but I do have it for the PC (the version that was included with the special edition of the 2004 Pirates! game, anyway). I've played it a little, seems great. Good graphics, good gameplay, lots to do... It makes me want to play the 2004 game again, too.
    Last edited by A Black Falcon; 03-24-2010 at 05:52 PM.

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Final Fantasy III (6) SNES - 30
    Rocket Knight Adventures - 8
    Ebay.
    What's up with islands? Get more land.
    What's up with deserts? Get less sand.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Thrashdance's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Guardian heroes(saturn) for 80 dollars.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSmurfette View Post
    This probably won't change your opinion of it, but that type sign is really common (and cheap) on eBay. I know because I bought one just like it with the Atari logo a few months ago at my local flea.

But for $40 you can't complain. You could sell those Futurama sets and make back your money easily.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    This probably won't change your opinion of it, but that type sign is really common (and cheap) on eBay. I know because I bought one just like it with the Atari logo a few months ago at my local flea.

But for $40 you can't complain. You could sell those Futurama sets and make back your money easily.
    I think I remember seeing some advertised on eBay a while back and the company said that they would do custom ones and the prices weren't that bad. Since their ad showed some Sega signs and I am guessing that they weren't licensed, I don't think that they are worried about property rights for logos, etc.

JY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plaidbrad3141 View Post
    That Gamecube sign is sweet!
    Today I found Double Strike (NES) $5 & Mr Do! (SNES) $15 (more than I wanted to pay, but I've been wanting this one for awhile, also very minty.)
    Both games were loose. I found these at a Disc Replay store. This is the kind of store where they are not interested in the instructions and will hand them back to you if you trade in cartridge games, they will keep them for disc games of course. I traded in a Tetris (NES) w/ instructions and they gave them back. The Mr. Do! looks like its brand new, makes me wonder if they didn't accept the "worthless" instructions and box.
    I'm assuming it was because you gave them Tetris loose without a box. I've purchased a few things in box at Disc Replays and they usually come complete (sans the few SEGA games missing their instruction). I want to say I've seen loose games with instruction manuals here and there, but I'm not really sure. Perhaps I'm just thinking of all the strategy guides that one of my Disc Replays sells.

Of course I've probably never been to your regular Disc Replay to compare...
    I have a sig?

Banana (Level 7) SamuraiSmurfette's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post

Yeah, I was thinking that actually, as I've seen signs with the same hardware.
    Glad you could clarify.
    I still really like it
    And yeah, Futurama will be for sale :X (I already have em..but I am keeping simpsons)

edit: I found the ebay seller I think you were talking about. $6.99 + shipping from China
    http://shop.ebay.com/city-sign/m.htm...&_trksid=p3686
    Last edited by SamuraiSmurfette; 03-24-2010 at 09:21 PM.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

... That... can't be legal. D:
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    ... That... can't be legal. D:
    People infringing copyrights... in China? Zounds!

Seriously, that's pretty dang cheap for a sign like that. It looks like it's just an etched silkscreen-style pattern on a chunk of glass with what seems to be a fishtank light illuminating it. Although I've always wondered about the practicality of hanging it down from the light like that rather than using the light as a base for the glass. Then it could be displayed on top of a shelf or cabinet.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I'm pretty surprised at the shipping cost, too. $20? Damn, I don't think you could ship that from within the US of A for THAT cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If it's illegal, tell the people on Etsy selling stuffed Mario dolls. Making something new out of something copyrighted is going to be a weird legal issue in the coming years, and it could go either way.

You can ship from China on the cheap, but I'm not sure if it's the right way to ship. When I bought my replacement power switch for my DS Lite, it shipped from China and the total was under $2. For the item and shipping. When I got it, the customs sticker was marked "gift," so I'm not sure if they charge differently for commercial shipping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Some Value Village goodies

NES: RBI Baseball, Jack Nicolas Golf, Airwolf - $1.99 each
    Genesis: Ms Pacman CIB - $3.99
    Sega Saturn: (all loose discs only) Nights sampler, Nights into Dreams, Daytona USA, Astal, Bubble Bobble/Rainbow Islands - 99cents each.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Seriously, that's pretty dang cheap for a sign like that. It looks like it's just an etched silkscreen-style pattern on a chunk of glass with what seems to be a fishtank light illuminating it. Although I've always wondered about the practicality of hanging it down from the light like that rather than using the light as a base for the glass. Then it could be displayed on top of a shelf or cabinet.
    Lol, it's not even made of glass. It's a clear thick plastic with whatever logo "carved" (or etched I guess) into it. The area of the sign that's not supposed to glow is painted black on the back for good measure.

Like I said I have an "Atari Games" one with the Atari logo on it as well, and it's not that bad a sign. Just btw, I paid $10 for mine and I'm happy with it. It's just one of those things that'll look neat in a game room.

And anyways, on the topic of "March finds" I did the lot sale today. I found some disc only PSX games: Yu Gi Oh, Gunslinger: The Jesse James Story, and Small Soldiers for $0.50 a piece. The weather looks like it's going to be real nice this weekend so I'm expecting a good amount of garage sales tomorrow and Saturday, as well as a nice day to take a trip to the flea market on Sunday. My fingers are crossed! Please let me find a 3DO or Neo-Geo AES or something awesome! It's about time for a cool find for me!
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!