Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: March 2010 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by geezuzkhrist119 View Post
    how the fuck could someone lose the cases?

old game boxes are understandable but cd cases like come on
    AHem, Cough, COUGH, "stolen" Cough, cougH.
    Condoleezza Rice is nice, but I prefer A Roni!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Letiumtide's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Letiumtide

Quote Originally Posted by orangest View Post

Picked this up on Saturday for $3 at an Out of the Closet thrift here in L.A.
    I'm... sorry, that is one of the most hilarious thrift store names ever. I can just imagine the type of phone calls they must get from time to time, considering that I work at a pawnshop called "Cash Converters" and continually get calls for places like Money Mart.

Anyway...

My finds today include.

Orb-3D - complete (including unused glasses) - 2.99
    Willy Beamish - complete - 2.99
    Day of the Tentacle - 1.99

Sorry for the extremely lazy webcam shot, I didn't want to drag out my DSLR for a few games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by NessFreaK View Post
    whenever i post prices on here, i get flamed cause im from canada and money just isnt the same up here (minimum wage is 10$, gas costs around 1.20$ / liter (~4.50 / gallon), etc)...

i paid 40$ for the lot, had no idea there were any games in there worth anything lol. Im also surprised at how easily the games work -- no blowing in them or anything like that... just put them in and they work. weird.
    Nice lot and a great price. The Zellers carts are easier to find here in Canada so are the spectravideo games such as Master Builder but it is an excellent rarity anyway.

Strawberry (Level 2) icarwngs55's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ebay find for $69.89:

Craigslist Find $65 (all games boxed with instructions):
    The Gamecube games:
    Agent Under Fire
    Mario Golf Toadstool Tour
    Luigi's Mansion
    Star Wars Rogue Leader
    Star Wars Clone Wars

16 Super Nintendo games:
    Super Mario World
    Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
    Super Mario All-Stars
    Super Mario Kart
    Donkey Kong Country
    Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest
    Ms. Pac-Man
    Mario is Missing
    WWF Raw
    WWF Royal Rumble
    FIFA '96
    NHL '96
    Super Tennis
    Tecmo Super NBA Basketball
    Aladdin
    Home Alone

I can't change my avatar. Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    YaoIsGod

Found some Atari games today:

F-18 Hornet
    Donkey Kong
    Adventure (Sears, with manual)
    SeaHawk
    Like free stuff? I have earned hundreds of dollars in free Amazon gift cards through Swagbucks. Check it out here! Earn 3000 points and I will give you FREE shipping the next time you buy from me!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Porksta

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

A week ago (early March):

Enclave (Xbox) - from EBay. I played the PC version demo back when it first came out and thought it was fantastic, but never could find the full game, sadly... well, the Xbox version is a lot easier to find, so I picked it up. Great game... the game does control better on PC though (it's a fantasy third person hack & slash action game with some pretty good graphics, good level designs, and a bunch of playable characters), so I still want that version too sometime.

Two days ago:

Art of Fighting Anthology - PS2 - $7 - complete. Not SNK's best fighting games ever, but good enough ones to be worth such a low price I think. I generally like SNK's later Neo-Geo fighting games better than the earlier ones, but that's so cheap that I couldn't refuse...

I also picked up a Wii game, though yes I don't have one... Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, for $35. That's about what it's worth online, and it's the first copy of the game I have seen in a long time. I'll definitely own a Wii sometime in the not-that-distant future, and I'll want this game then because it's been #1 on my must-get list for the Wii ever since it came out, and this will solve a lot of frustration at then having to buy a copy online or something... so yeah, that is awesome that I found a copy.

Today:

... Crazy store, giving people very little for their tradeins and then selling them for insanely low prices, considering some of these games... but then other stuff gets priced high and never marked down, so yeah. It's obvious that games aren't exactly their focus, but sometimes, like today, that works to the buyers' benefit...

All of these games were $4 each. Yes, $4.

NES
    --
    Mega Man 2 - complete with box and slipcover (no manual, though the foam block is still in the bottom of the box) -- I have the MMAC for Gamecube so I have played this. MM4 is my favorite NES MM game, but this one is one of the best too for sure...
    Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - gold cart edition, complete with box and slipcover (as above, no manual, yes foam block) -- Complete with a working battery! Surprised me too, but I turned it on and there were three files on the cart...

Genesis
    --
    TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist - cart only (perhaps the worst TMNT beat 'em up, but still, for that price worth it, considering how ridiculously overpriced it usually is... I started playing it. Kind of dull somehow, but good enough for $4. Most of Konami's Genesis games just don't match up to their SNES ones for some reason... (and TMNT III on the NES is way better than this as well!))

SNES
    --
    Out to Lunch - cart only. This one isn't worth much over the $4 I paid, but it looked interesting enough to be worth getting, so I picked it up. Well, it is a fun little game with decent happy music and colorful graphics. It's kind of like a mid '80s style platformer in the Bubble Bobble school or something, only with a scrolling playfield instead of a static screen -- it has small sprites and many levels of thin platforms filling the stage. You're a chef trying to catch the food that has escaped from your fridge. You have to catch the enemies (animate food items) in your net and then return them to the cage before time runs out. Fun concept, good gameplay. I can see it getting repetitive if the game goes on for too long because you're doing the same thing in every level and there is no saving or passwords, but still, a pretty good effort from Mindscape for sure.
    Last edited by A Black Falcon; 03-08-2010 at 09:40 PM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No Way DIGI!
    Last edited by UnpluggedClone; 05-23-2010 at 02:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Was shopping with friends in town today, had a quick look in a independent store I know, not much but got Ms.Pacman CIB for the Megadrive for £2.
    I reject your reality and substitute it for one of my own!

Insert Coin (Level 0) animesuperj's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Haven't posted in finds for a while now, but was pretty happy with my latest purchases over the weekend and yesterday:

Got the following from gamestop:
    - Final Fantasy 13 Xbox 360 faceplate -- FREE!
    - Lunar: Silver Star Harmony -- $40
    - Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2 LE -- $20

Picked up some more arcades over the weekend from a local comic store:
    - Galaga -- $50 [in great condition, just missing the pcb]
    - Playchoice 10 [works, just have to fix it up a bit] -- $300 with the following games:
    • Balloon Fight
    • Baseball
    • Duck Hunt
    • Excitebike
    • Hogans Alley
    • Rad Racer
    • Super Mario Bros
    • Wild Gunman

They had more arcades, I just didn't have more money. I might have to stop by and pick up some others.
    Last edited by animesuperj; 03-09-2010 at 10:55 AM.

Level 10 Manly Pink Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pirate OTK
    PSN
    theguywithus

Quote Originally Posted by animesuperj View Post
    Haven't posted in finds for a while now, but was pretty happy with my latest purchases over the weekend and yesterday:

Got the following from gamestop:
    - Final Fantasy 13 Xbox 360 faceplate -- FREE!
    - Lunar: Silver Star Harmony -- $40
    - Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2 LE -- $20

Picked up some more arcades over the weekend from a local comic store:
    - Galaga -- $50 [in great condition, just missing the pcb]
    - Playchoice 10 [works, just have to fix it up a bit] -- $300 with the following games:
    • Balloon Fight
    • Baseball
    • Duck Hunt
    • Excitebike
    • Hogans Alley
    • Rad Racer
    • Super Mario Bros
    • Wild Gunman

They had more arcades, I just didn't have more money. I might have to stop by and pick up some others.
    !!!!!!! are you serious!? I wish I knew about this place I lived in Waukesha for about two years... That's the last thing I want to pick up, a working arcade machine...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by otoko
    !!!!!!! are you serious!? I wish I knew about this place I lived in Waukesha for about two years... That's the last thing I want to pick up, a working arcade machine...
    It's actually in Milwaukee [technically Greenfield], but it's still only a 15/20 minute drive for me; so I consider it "local". One of my friends works there, and gave me a heads up about them. The playchoice was in their basement, which is locked and you have to access from outside the store; so the majority of people probably wouldn't have even known they had it.

If your ever back in the area, just stop by and see what they have. It's: Lost World of Wonders. The guy that owns it buys and sells machines all the time. I caught him at one of the "I need to clean out space" times, so I got a good deal on them.

Level 10 Manly Pink Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Pirate OTK
    PSN
    theguywithus

I probably will sometime, I still have college buddies to go see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Aliens Vs Predator 2
    Aliens Vs Predator 2: Primal Hunt Expansion
    $6 for both

Fatal Fury: Battle Archives Vol. 1(PS2) $5
    Fatal Fury: Battle Archives Vol. 2(PS2) $5
    Art of Fighting Anthology(PS2) $5
    SNK Arcade Classics Vol. 1(PS2) $5

Toys R Us is clearancing all their PS2 SNK games. As for the AVP2 games, it's too bad I don't play pc games(my laptop isn't fast enough). They look promising though.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ugh. I feel like a moron. Entered an older topic from the search list, thinking it was this one.

Here's a few of my recent finds:

Sega 32x: Kolibri (CIB)
    Gamecube: Ikaruga (CIB)
    Game Boy: Mr. Do! (Loose)

Insert Coin (Level 0) oldtimeygamer's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My mother in law called to tell me she picked up a couple of complete games for me at the flea market in Kentucky this weekend. Tomba!2, R-Types, Warcaft 2, Spyro the Dragon, and Army Men 3D for the playstation. She said they wanted $3 a game but she haggled them down to $12.

This put me over the 400 game mark for the Playstation.

I also picked up a minty copy of Mutant League Football for the Genesis for $2 at Goodwill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by animesuperj View Post
    It's actually in Milwaukee [technically Greenfield], but it's still only a 15/20 minute drive for me; so I consider it "local". One of my friends works there, and gave me a heads up about them. The playchoice was in their basement, which is locked and you have to access from outside the store; so the majority of people probably wouldn't have even known they had it.

If your ever back in the area, just stop by and see what they have. It's: Lost World of Wonders. The guy that owns it buys and sells machines all the time. I caught him at one of the "I need to clean out space" times, so I got a good deal on them.
    Then go into American Science and Surplus to find odd-ball stuff. I actually found a 6-way wall outlet adapter where you plug into the sides instead of the front. Great for getting your arcade machines as close to the wall as possible.
    I love cats but i just cant eat a whole one myself

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

So my wife has had this parasite for a while now, and the doctors finally decided to remove it about a week ago. This is what they found when they cut it out:

When it isn't screaming, it is really pretty cute. So, we decided to keep it, call it 'Stella' and dress it in pink clothing. I guess that counts as a find.

Gaming related things have been pretty dry, and obviously I haven't been doing quite so much searching as usual. Here's what I've come up with over the past few weeks.

The Star Trek game was kinda pricey at $7 from GW, but I'm a sucker for non-rectangular PC game boxes. X-Com was $3 or so. The Game.com boxes were the sad carnage from a thief. I found them in the back of a Savers scattered across a large table haphazardly. They all have boxes and manuals, but no games. I brought them to the register and a manager sold them to me for 0.29 each (not counting Monopoly and Frogger, which got tossed in free. That is except for the new/sealed Batman & Robin, which was found previously at a different thrift for a couple bucks. Very odd to see Game.com stuff twice in a couple weeks, as I've only ever seen my system w/ games, a bare system, and a loose game over the past 3 or so years.

Picked this up off CL for $75. Decent game list, but they weren't really the reason it was worth it. Hoping the particular item will sell on Amazon quickly... I have the lowest price, which is absurd, so I may lower it some more so it sells quickly. Also THPS3 is sealed. Whoopedeedoo!

I'm pretty happy with this last find. I never really cared about the Xbox, but I have one that I keep around and don't play. So, I figure if I'm going to have one, might as well have it CIB and have it be a cool version (I need to sell my old one now). This one also has a mod chip (Xecutor?... I know nothing about them) and a 100 or so GB HDD and tons of classic ROMs on it as well as media apps and such. The seller said he'd never used the disc drive, so I assumed that was 'CL seller speak' for it doesn't work, but turns out it works fine. My only issue is that it is missing the screws that hold the top on... anyone have a picture/description of those so I can look for replacements? Paid $50 for it.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I'm pretty sure you stuck that parasite into your wife. It's not a find. Congrats on the baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NipRing
    Then go into American Science and Surplus to find odd-ball stuff.
    QFT. I love that store, they have so much random stuff I didn't know I needed. I usually stop in every time I stop by Lost Worlds.

Strawberry (Level 2) allyourblood's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    Picked this up off CL for $75. Decent game list, but they weren't really the reason it was worth it. Hoping the particular item will sell on Amazon quickly... I have the lowest price, which is absurd, so I may lower it some more so it sells quickly.
    Yeah, I've got two component cables myself, but they're so hard to find that I haven't the heart to sell either one. I'm still actively using one, despite owning a Wii. Playing GC games on the Wii is an unnecessary pain.

Good finds!