Recently I pulled out my old SNES and bought some games off of eBay. They seem to work after a few tries, some on the first power up. Others not so much. I've read on here that using 70% - 90% alcohol solution on a q-tip will help clean these cartridges.

I was just playing FF3 and at one point my character froze. I was mid-battle and all I could do was to hold the L and R buttons (only those did something?) and run away. After that I was allowed to continue like nothing happened. Then I got to another point (a doorway) and as I walked in, it froze. I couldn't move and nothing worked. I tried to switch controllers to no avail. I reset the game, played back to that point, and found a save in another room. I tried the door again and I went through okay. Since then I've been saving any chance I get haha.

Is there something wrong with my game, or is the system? Maybe even the controller? When I was reconnecting my controllers, I noticed I could press in the port a little into the case of the system (not good probably..). I've never taken apart a SNES, but I really want to make sure I can play my games without worrying about saving or not. My FF2 worked great for 40 minutes the other day and my Zelda worked for another today (right before I put in FF3). Can someone help me out? Thanks!