Around Spring of 1996, I built my first gaming PC. I'm not 100 percent positive, but I'm pretty sure it was based around a Pentium 200mmx and a Voodoo card. I went on to upgrade and build new PC's every so often, and continued to play PC games till the release of the Sega Dreamcast in September of 1999. After that, my interest in PC gaming basically died.

I've got those nostalgic feelings for playing some PC games from 1996 to 1999. Basically, from the time 3D accelerators first appeared on the scene, until the launch of the Dreamcast.

Games I'd like to play again:

Quake
Descent
System Shock
Phantasmagoria
Carmageddon
Dark Forces 2 - Jedi Knight
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider 2
Moto Racer
Descent 2
MDK
Blade Runner
Interstate 76
Pod
Unreal (the original)
Half-Life
Thief
SiN
GPolice
Assault Rigs
Quake 2
Carmageddon 2: Carpocalypse Now

Those are a few of the games that come to mind, but I'm sure there are a ton of others. Basically, I would like to be able to play these games at max settings, and have them run as smooth and natural as possible. I have no idea what motherboard, cpu and which video card I should go with to accomplish this. I was thinking of two voodoo cards in SLI mode, but I don't know which voodoo cards to get. I'm guessing I should try to find a PC Gamer magazine from 1999, and try to see what was considered a kick ass gaming rig back at that point in time. I'm guessing I would want to have Windows 98: SE as my operating system.

Does anybody have any suggestions?