Thread: computer arcade game questions

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default computer arcade game questions

I was going through some old stuff and found some CDs of Microsoft Revenge of Arcade, Williams Arcade Classics, Atari Arcade hits, Atari Arcade hits 2, Midway Arcade's Greatest Hits midway collection 2, Midway Arcade's Greatest Hits the Atari Collection 2, Microsoft Pinball Arcade, and the 3 disk set for Microsoft Return of Arcade. Will these work on today's operating systems? they all have that they need WIN 95, 98 or NT. What about the 3 disks of Return of Arcade? How can i play that one? What is a good Joystick to use with the games. I found my old Gravis one, but never did like it. I have a HP with Vista on it. Just want to know what i need to do to get to playing these games again. Any and all help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

We have a Classic Computer Gaming forum, you know.

If you're interested in whether or not these games will run, why don't you just try them and find out?

Are you running Vista 32-bit or 64-bit? The 64-bit version is incapable of running 16-bit Windows programs directly, and while none of those games may be 16-bit, they may have 16-bit installation programs that can be difficult to deal with.

If all else fails, installing VMware or Virtual PC is always an option for games that don't do any crazy 3D stuff.

Why exactly would the 3 disks of Return of Arcade be a problem?

As for which joystick, that is a rather subjective matter and it would help if you described what you didn't like about your "Gravis one" (especially since Gravis made tons of joysticks).
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)