Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: irate gamer sucks thread

Strawberry (Level 2) starsoldier1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NerdXCrewWill View Post
    I agree with a lot that has been said already. I must add one thing, though. Ryan Genno (I think that's who Starsoldier1 is) has a really good review website. His videos aren't my favorite by a long shot. His text reviews are pretty good though. He plays and reviews a lot of great games.
    Thanks, my camera sucksass but I still really enjoy playing video games either way so thanks again for checking out my site.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IronBuddha View Post
    Around the time the AVGN's videos were getting pulled from Youtube didn't James make a video bashing/calling out IG? I remember shortly after that video got pulled also, but is it anywhere else on the web?
    I remember Armake doing that but not James. James doesn't even want to talk about it and completely avoids the guys and doesn't like questions about him either because of all the lies and thief this guy has done.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BetaWolf47 View Post
    This, I gotta agree with.
    C'mon Taito dude, I never said I was better. If you seen my videos before you would know I'm not that good. I'm honest though and just sick and tired of people always posting about links about the Irate Hack especially when he's a conartist that steals from other game reviewers and doesn't give them credit. That's my point here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus Moonsight View Post
    I've seen and heard about people defending him. Saying that all the similarity is purely coincidental, if they even allow the admittance at all. But, any minuscule thread of credibility that position had has been completely smashed with a sledgehammer after he started posting videos, blatantly ripping off the somewhat current batch of TV paranormal investigation shows... I'm left thinking the only possible option is that he has to copy others, because he has no vision or identity of his own. Truest sense of the form; 'hack'.

What if Dane Cook did video game reviews?
    You're right about that. It weird that we have all these people defending a conartist yet I don't think one of them has his DVD or at least be showed in public with it. Yeah, before he started ripping off James he also copied the show Ghost Hunters for whatever reason yet that show got an awesome review on Amazon... by a person named Chris.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    Have you seen how many Let's Play-style videos are on YouTube? I'd say <1% are worth anyone's time.

And that's why I don't do voiceovers. What's the point of a game video- actually see the game, or have an audio track of a whining 19 year old nearly muting the game audio?

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, no need to quintuple post. There's an edit button for a reason.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Insert Coin (Level 0) Profoundemonium's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IronBuddha View Post
    Around the time the AVGN's videos were getting pulled from Youtube didn't James make a video bashing/calling out IG? I remember shortly after that video got pulled also, but is it anywhere else on the web?
    I don't think he's ever made an official video about him, though he did comment on him at SGC.

Link to the video.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmus View Post
    And that's why I don't do voiceovers. What's the point of a game video- actually see the game, or have an audio track of a whining 19 year old nearly muting the game audio?

I get some people asking me to do voiced LPs, and I've tried to do them, but I have issues with doing them in English. I don't mind doing them in Spanish, though.

Another reason why I don't do voiced LPs IS the fact that the original game audio track gets muted. I've figured out a workaround, and if I do one, I'm only making comments on some areas, not the entire damn game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by Gavica View Post
    At first I did not see anything wrong with him reviewing some DVD's. That is, until I decided to search on Amazon for the same DVD then realized he was one of the actors.

@ his shameless attempt to promote.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It makes sense that AVGN has never mentioned IG on his reviews. Mentioning him would make people aware of his existence and probably boost the view count on his videos. In other words, it'd be helping him indirectly.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

AVGN would never do a video with the Irate Gamer. The Irate Gamer made a name for himself by plagiarizing Rolfes show. Chris Bores is a loser who steals ideas from other people. He doesn't have a creative bone in his body. He's suited for doing wedding videos locally. That's as far as his talent lies. The problem is that sometimes people will stumble upon the Irate Gamer first, before they've heard of AVGN. They will think the idea is funny. And then later on when they hear that the whole concept was created by a guy called AVGN, they're not willing to believe it. But facts are facts. AVGN came first.
    Not only that, but the Irate Gamers videos are not even close to the same level of humor as the AVGN's videos. The AVGN has comedic timing. The Irate Gamer is like a guy at a party who tells a joke and no one laughs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BetaWolf47 View Post
    Hey, no need to quintuple post. There's an edit button for a reason.
    Sorry dude, I work some crazy hours at work and do all my posting at once. I'll try to avoid it next time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Profoundemonium View Post

I see the resemblance...
    You gotta admit, whether you hate Irate Gamer or like him, that's humor!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I would watch an LP in Spanish. At least then I wouldn't understand any 4chan memes.
    And don't bring up that stupid girlie Aladdin rip off! Shantea?

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Famidrive-16 View Post
    I would watch an LP in Spanish. At least then I wouldn't understand any 4chan memes.
    I don't go to 4chan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Profoundemonium View Post
    I don't think he's ever made an official video about him, though he did comment on him at SGC.

Link to the video.
    Yup, James doesn't even mention IG's existance... How bad do you have to be for someone to actually do that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elvis8atari View Post
    AVGN would never do a video with the Irate Gamer. The Irate Gamer made a name for himself by plagiarizing Rolfes show. Chris Bores is a loser who steals ideas from other people. He doesn't have a creative bone in his body. He's suited for doing wedding videos locally. That's as far as his talent lies. The problem is that sometimes people will stumble upon the Irate Gamer first, before they've heard of AVGN. They will think the idea is funny. And then later on when they hear that the whole concept was created by a guy called AVGN, they're not willing to believe it. But facts are facts. AVGN came first.
    Not only that, but the Irate Gamers videos are not even close to the same level of humor as the AVGN's videos. The AVGN has comedic timing. The Irate Gamer is like a guy at a party who tells a joke and no one laughs.
    Yeah, that's a real sad way to make a name for oneself and now James won't give him the time of day. Sure, being a YT partner really helped to get his name out there and even some front page attention which is why some viewers may have watched IG first but the real fans know the AVGN was not only first but much better. I don't know what's wrong with the guy but Chris has a huge ego and handled this issue all the wrong way. I wouldn't wish the contrast haters, poor DVD sales, and getting totally embarassed on national radio on my worst enemy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    At first I did not see anything wrong with him reviewing some DVD's. That is, until I decided to search on Amazon for the same DVD then realized he was one of the actors.

@ his shameless attempt to promote.
    Oh man that is sad. I don't know what's more pitiful, his "ghostbusters" documentaries or his shill self-plugging of them.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gavica View Post
    IrateFanboy is a Chris Bores sock puppet account. Iratefanboy was claiming that AVGN took the image with flames in the background from him. Which Irate used for his DVD cover.

When in fact, the truth is, AVGN was using that flame motif before the Irate Gamer even existed. As you can see right here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vBK_EF5ERQ

The AVGN was using flames (to express anger) before the irate gamer existed.

AVGN t-shirt ad with flames Jan 17, 2007

Irate Gamer comes into existance April 28, 2007

It's just one small example of many, of how Irate Gamer fans will do anything to try and prove IG came up with an idea before the AVGN. Wait, did I say his fans? I meant to say Chris Bores himself with a fake account...

Irate Gamer = Fail