Thread: Please help me! is it safe to buy at DASCHEAP.com ?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Please help me! is it safe to buy at DASCHEAP.com ?

Please help me! is it safe to buy at DASCHEAP.com i want to buy some retro snes console

did someone has bought anything from there and receive it. they dont accept paypal, i have to pay with my credit card and give all my personal information.

thanks for answer.

or how can i be sure this web site online shop is legit ??

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/DasCheap
    Never ordered from them myself. But it seems to be associated in some way with a member here. OldSchoolFool (sp?)
    Seems legit to me, though the DAS used everywhere gets annoying.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

on another forum a few peoples said me the online shop use FAKE banners and it could be a scram.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by renejr902 View Post
    on another forum a few peoples said me the online shop use FAKE banners and it could be a scram.
    Yeah, beat it, scram!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

they answered me by email. they said the goggle checkout will be working soon. for now i have to pay with credit card.

i left a message on the vocal telephone and they answered me by email

anyway i think i will wait the goggle checkout work

Insert Coin (Level 0) wizardspade80's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation Do Not Buy From Dascheap.com - Scam!

Quote Originally Posted by renejr902 View Post
    Please help me! is it safe to buy at DASCHEAP.com i want to buy some retro snes console

did someone has bought anything from there and receive it. they dont accept paypal, i have to pay with my credit card and give all my personal information.

thanks for answer.

or how can i be sure this web site online shop is legit ??
    No dude, don't buy from DasCheap.com. Check around online. This Oldskoolfool , guy is a scammer from NY and I wouldn't give him my credit card info if my life depended on it. Back in December before I knew this fraudster from NY was behind the operation and against my better judgement, I used Paypal to order something (retrogen). Needless to say it was never sent, no responses, nor replies to my email. Then when I finally got contact from him ONLY during a PayPal dispute I get the ole "I was just going to send it out." LOSER! ..PayPal is easy enough to get my money back as I did but imagine you have to change your crddit cards and all,... pain in the arse... And fully expect on here a half-witted response from Oldskoolfool, ranting like a burnt out wrestler doing a promo about How his disgressions are somehow my fault. Google Oldskoolfool and you will see what I'm talking about.

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wizardspade80 View Post
    <RANT>
    Who are you, exactly? You joined the forums just to post that rant, so how do we know you're not a competitor?

OldSkoolFool is a member here, but only posted things regarding clone systems. I have never ordered anything from them, but StoneAgeGamer did say some pretty nasty things about him.

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=139322
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141506
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=141505
    http://www.digitpress.com/forum/show....php?p=1650995
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Don't do it...or,do. (shrugs) Custom rank graphic
    On permanent vacation from this bullshit.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FlyingBurrito76
    PSN
    FlyingBurrito76

Quote Originally Posted by wizardspade80 View Post
    No dude, don't buy from DasCheap.com. Check around online. This Oldskoolfool , guy is a scammer from NY and I wouldn't give him my credit card info if my life depended on it. Back in December before I knew this fraudster from NY was behind the operation and against my better judgement, I used Paypal to order something (retrogen). Needless to say it was never sent, no responses, nor replies to my email. Then when I finally got contact from him ONLY during a PayPal dispute I get the ole "I was just going to send it out." LOSER! ..PayPal is easy enough to get my money back as I did but imagine you have to change your crddit cards and all,... pain in the arse... And fully expect on here a half-witted response from Oldskoolfool, ranting like a burnt out wrestler doing a promo about How his disgressions are somehow my fault. Google Oldskoolfool and you will see what I'm talking about.
    Devil's advocate, there's a difference between a bad experience with a poorly run retail operation and a "scam".

And I'm not even saying that Dascheap.com is actually poorly run from personal experience since I haven't personally ordered anything from them.

And while I can't comment on their quality or reliability - it seems to me that OldSkoolFool, if he is directly affiliated with the site, has a level of "web presence" that somebody looking to operate a "scam" probably wouldn't want.

Just because you had a bad experience with late shipping on one item doesn't mean that the entire site is a "scam".
    "And the book says: 'We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us.'"

Insert Coin (Level 0) wizardspade80's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie_Says_Relax View Post
    Devil's advocate, there's a difference between a bad experience with a poorly run retail operation and a "scam".

And I'm not even saying that Dascheap.com is actually poorly run from personal experience since I haven't personally ordered anything from them.

And while I can't comment on their quality or reliability - it seems to me that OldSkoolFool, if he is directly affiliated with the site, has a level of "web presence" that somebody looking to operate a "scam" probably wouldn't want.

Just because you had a bad experience with late shipping on one item doesn't mean that the entire site is a "scam".
    Agreed, but Oldskoolfool is running it and if you look into his name a little online you will see the tirade of costumers that have either been scammed, misled or genuinely don't like his arrogant NY car salesman attitude. He's a gaming fan no doubt. But honest businessman?? I say nay, stay away.

Insert Coin (Level 0) jordandavid's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

site looks like a carbon copy of ebgames... i'd be skeptical to say the least...