Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: April 2010 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I haven't been posting in the finds-threads much lately - been trying to watch the expenses.

BUT, yesterday I got an xbox 360 wireless adapter for 20 bucks. It's loose but works perfectly

Good price? I remember at once point these were selling for close to a hundred before the n-models came out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Went to Disc Replay yesterday and picked up Out of This World (GEN) loose and Global Defense (Master System) missing instructions for $2 each. Out of this world has a little plastic coming out, so I hope I can fix it.
    I have a sig?

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    These pictures aren't opening with my web browser (Firefox). It says it can't read them because their format (mhtml) isn't associated with anything. I tried with Internet Explorer and they just open up a blank page O_o. Anybody else experiencing these problems?

Anyways, our f*&#+ing stupid weathermen predicted a 50% chance of rain yesterday. Guess what? Clear skies all day. The rain didn't get anywhere near my city. That and the Easter holiday made it a really shitty weekend for garage sales. And I thought about going to my local flea, but I decided to stay home. /me kicks himself.

...and holy crap I want to go to your flea market. Mine's been so dry lately.
    Though the links are still working for me,For some reason upon going to find them at photobucket they are all gone...I have no clue why.

I uploaded them again and made a slideshow.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    A duo for $7? That's ridiculous. Sorry Daryll, I'm finding your flea market and going to it. I know it's not far from me if you were local enough to the Funco at Willowbrook. I think I know where it is, even though it's a little bit of a hike west...

I go to the the Englishtown flea market..If you look at the picture of the Turbo,NES and the NES games you may see the dirt/film that kicks up from the place..
    If you've ever been there you know what I mean..I don't find these kinda prices anywhere else,I guess because the tables-fees are cheap ...There's so much stuff there that there's plenty to find..I'm done three tables in with money lol..(lmk if you go maybe we'll bump into each other)
    http://www.englishtownauction.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHkR9Om2IUY
    I just seem to find the people nicer.cheaper here then other flea markets.

The Turbo was filthy..I had to wipe the dirt off it's face to see what it was(oh shit a turbo duo)
    ,..It was in-between a line of dirty $10 VCRs on the ground in the dirt.

.The VCRs caught my eye"Who'd pay $10 for a dirty,dirt filled VCR"..I saw something that looked wierd between them and pulled it out..
    The guy sold old stereos and vcrs so he had no clue what it was..I wiped it down at the car to see what it really looked like(excited)...I asked for wires and he stsrted pulling out plastic shopping bags full of wires from behind him..I got beat/tired after digging through the wires and gave up on the AV.. ..the AC that was amazinly clean..The controllers were off to the left in another bag with Saturn controllers.He had a dirty Saturn but I don't grab them..

..I'm going to go over it with a tooth brush ..I tested it last night with a HU card and it works(using my AES AV)
    I can see the lens going up and down but I need to get out a disc for this system(burried in a box) I figure the CD part won't work but I'd not pass it up even if it was smashed.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

So jealous.

Englisgtown is actually quite a hike for me so if you do see me, it'll probably be the only time. I'm sorry I said what I did but I just salivate at the finds you find in the nearly deal-barren NJ. Thank god garage sale season is starting up.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Snappaccino's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So, I hit up some pawn shops and thrift stores earlier this month and I am more then happy with what I came out with.

First up I found these NES games at a pawn shop for $1.50 each. Nothing too special, but I'm pleased with it none the less.

Same pawn shop later that week I found Onimusha 2, Driver 2 and Dragon Warrior for $1.50 each. Then I went to zellers and noticed their games are on super clearence. I wish I had a PS3 cause they had some amazing games for 5 dollars. But I just walked away with Virtua Tennis 3 for 5 dollars.

Same day I found the pile of NES games, I walked up to my local Value Village and the Salvation army. I rarely go to these places since they don't have much and when they do, its more then what I want to pay. But I went in anyways and at the Salvation army I found a Donkey Kong 64 stratagy guide for 50 cents, its in pretty nice shape. Then I hit up Value Village and found both these Genesis games for 5.99 each.

Now for the big finds, which might I add, looking at Daryll's finds, this month is starting off very hot.

A big ol' stack of TurboGrafx 16 games at Goodwill for 3.99 each

After I found these games in their CD area I looked around seeing if maybe I can find the system, I went to where they put their VCR's and DVD players and all sorts of electronics... nothing. I wasn't too upset cause I found all these games. I start walking to the counter and in their furniture area, on a table behind a fish tank I find this:

All this was in a plastic bag marked $9.99, everything works and it was super clean, all I had to do was run over it with a dusting rag and thats it.
    Last edited by Snappaccino; 04-04-2010 at 03:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Normally, I don't consider eBay stuff a 'find' but in this case I will make an exception:
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWNX:IT

NTSC-J Model 2 Sega Saturn, near mint
    King of Fighters 96 (w/RAM cart)
    Daytona USA Circuit Edition (JAP)
    Dead or Alive (JAP)
    Virtua Fighter Remix (US) - not listed in the auction, but the seller threw it in for free upon pickup!

All for $86.55AUD! (that's just a shade under $80USD).

Pretty happy with this!!!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Elmo's Letter Adventure (R5) and F1 Pole Position 64 (R4) (both n64, loose) 1.99 each at a goodwill near Dayton yesterday.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice finds on the cheap Duos in the wild. I'm sure they'll be going to good homes.

Found a small amount of DS and PSP titles I've been looking for. I hit up some Gamestops in a part of town I don't get to that often and apparently that's where all of the good stuff is. I'm still looking for my digital camera to link pics but some of the items I got were...

Honeycomb Beat (DS) $5
    Hammerin' Hero (PSP) $13
    Penny Racers (Wii) $7
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

Wow so you guys have found like 3 turbo duos in the wild in like 2 days, i am getting so pumped for garage sale season this year.
    Autobots. Roll out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snappaccino View Post
    After I found these games in their CD area I looked around seeing if maybe I can find the system, I went to where they put their VCR's and DVD players and all sorts of electronics... nothing. I wasn't too upset cause I found all these games. I start walking to the counter and in their furniture area, on a table behind a fish tank I find this:

All this was in a plastic bag marked $9.99, everything works and it was super clean, all I had to do was run over it with a dusting rag and thats it.
    Good grief, awesome find. Where on earth in Ontario did you snag this? All the same, great finds otherwise. Maybe I should go back out again.
    Whaddya mean invalid parameters?!

9,000 gigs of ram and it still can't answer a simple question!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Super mario land 2: 6 golden coins w/ manual: $3
    Super RC pro-am: $2

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

I went to the flea market half expecting the place to be empty (since it's Easter Sunday and well, Mexican people go to church) but when I got there, all the booths were open, and lots of people were there. I only had little money on me so I went to that booth that had the PS1/2 games but didn't put them out yesterday.

I got there and I see a table filled with Dreamcast and PS1 games, and a box with PS2 games. So I ask for prices: $5 for single disc PS1/DC games, $10 for double cased PS1 games, $15 for any PS2 game. I groan... but pick out Resident Evil Director's Cut (PS1), Parasite Eve (PS1), and Sword of The Berzerk: Guts' Rage (DC). I'll be selling RE with RE2, Parasite Eve on its own, and keeping Guts' Rage.

The PS2 box had a bunch of crappy budget games, racing stuff, or games that weren't worth more than $5. The -only- thing that I wanted outta there was a mint condition copy of Yakuza. But after doing the math in my head, I wouldn't be able to afford it if I wanted to pay the phone bill. $15 is a steal compared to eBay prices. He said he'd come back next week with more stuff (apparently he bought boxes of DVDs and games off a collector). This guy also sets up on Wednesdays, so I may buy Yakuza then if I can afford it.

I left behind a bunch of interesting PS1 games -- Tomb Raider 1 through 3, King's Field II, Bushido Blade 1 (probably a mistake, dammit), Forsaken, Alien Trilogy GH... ah well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

god damnit, where do you all find this stuff? There is never anything at my goodwill around here. Any good Portland Flea markets...not that Ive found

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

From the flea market today...

From one place there:

Robotrek - SNES - $5 (cart only)

And from another:

Jurassic Park - Game Gear - $2 (cart in case only)

these six games for $5 total (all jewelcase only)
    Super Bubble Pop - PSX
    Silver - PC
    Q-Bert (Hasbro) - PC
    Lunicus (Cyberflix) - PC - I know nothing about this, but it looked entertainingly bad enough to be worth the low price. It's an early '90s prerendered CG game with shooter gameplay and lots of cutscenes, evidently.
    Aliens vs. Predator Gold Edition - PC
    Zeddas: Servant of Sheol (Synergy) - PC - from Haruhiko Shono, maker of a bunch of weird, rare early '90s PC adventure games like L-Zone and Alice: An Interactive Museum. Worth at least $10 alone... and I got it for less than a dollar!

Also I got an audio CD, though it's one I have already... Quest for Glory V: Dragon Fire's soundtrack disc. I just couldn't resist, it was $1 and isn't that common... and it's certainly worth more than a dollar. I don't know if I'll keep it or give it to someone or whatever, but it was an interesting find.
    Last edited by A Black Falcon; 04-04-2010 at 04:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Wow, nice finds. I might go hit up some stuff today if everything isn't closed for easter. Most likely it will be because as kitsune said, mexican people go to church. if it is i'll go tomorrow, its the last day of spring break.

also, decided to clean up the clutter yesterday and I have so much crap that's sitting unlisted. i spent about 5 hours last night cleaning and listing it on eBay and amazon, and took at a giant box of stuff not worth selling to bookman's and got $198 credit but there was nothing worth spending it on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No pics for it, but I got N64 Bust a Move 2 Arcade Edition for $5 at one of my favorite thrifts.
    "I've not seen such bravery!"

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Kisuragi View Post
    Is there anything decent at the Swap Shop anymore? I've heard horror stories as of late of it being bone dry.
    FamicomFreak goes there almost once a month and always has something worthwhile.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Games I picked up today. Mario Galaxy & Wario Land Shake it $20 both at CL. $20 Metal Slug XX.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

With a combination of possible rain on Saturday and Easter being today, finds where scarce this past weekend (It didn't help that I got a trip out of town today...and nearly everything was closed for the holiday I always forget about). Anyway, here's what I found

From garage sales:
    - Assorted strategy guides: Free
    - Super Mario Advance (Game Boy Advance. Loose in near mint condition): Free
    - Nintendo 64 Transfer Pak (Nintendo 64. Loose in near mint condition): Free

This was stuff from my older cousin, that didn't sell from the garage sale our grandmother has around this time every year. The guides where mostly for Pokémon (Covering every major Game Boy game in the series up to Gold & Silver), although I also received guides for Doom, Doom II, and Halo 3 (Which is still sealed in the plastic).

From Gamestop:
    - Universal Component Cable (Xbox, Xbox 360, and PS2. New): $15
    - A really awesome Pokémon HeartGold \ SoulSilver poster: Free
    - A Pikachu stylus: Free

The poster was going to be a prize in the tournament they where going to have on Saturday, although I won be default because I was the only person who showed up. Therefore, I got both prizes (I'll try to get a picture up to show off that poster later; it's not only awesome, but custom-made by the assistant manager of the local store).

From other places:
    - Doctor Who: The Taking of Chelsea 426 (Book. New): $12
    - Lucky Star: Volume 1 (Manga. New): $11

The interesting thing about the newer Doctor Who books is how the height and width are almost the same as the old releases from Target Books, while obviously being much thicker. I'm not a nerd, am I?

Also, I love me some Lucky Star. I wish they'd hurry up and release a box set of the Luck Star anime in it's entirety, so I don't have to track down each individual disc of it.