Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

I've had this preordered forever, I can't wait to play this.

Gun was amazing as well, I can't see how anyone could hate it. Here's hoping for a sequel.

Strawberry (Level 2) Arcade_Ness's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got this preordered for the PS3. I didn't know anything about this game until I saw a preview from the Angry Joe Show, and then I was sold on it. In addition the great deal from Amazon was too good to beat, I got free 2-day shipping.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    EMC2INTOSH

I was going to wait a bit to get this being that I just purchaed SSFIV and UFC Undisputed 2010 comes out the week after this game, but I just couldnt resist. Im glad I have nothing to do Tuesday.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I preordered it shortly after watching the first video they posted on this game.

Red Dead Redemption looks to be very loosely tied to the first game, but from the looks of the preview is going to be the killer game of the summer. There is so much I love about free roam games like this - you get to decide how you interact with the environment, and you can narrate your own story around your actions.

What had me super impressed was that multiplayer looks like it's going to be blast. Me and my friends are going to start a posse, then we're going to go out and kill some stuff. Maybe we will go out into the wilderness to shoot some wildlife..

for single player, I think i'll probably start out playing a game of poker, then finding me the local brothel and having my way with one of the locals. Then i'll hog tie the woman, and ride off into the sunset. (at which point i'll probably leave her on some train tracks, watch as a train comes by, and then look for some poor local to tie up and pull behind my horse for a couple miles or so). I also want to try my hand at wrestling with a bear - that sounds like fun.

Tuesday can't come soon enough!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith Storm View Post
    Give me Gun 2... then I'll be excited. Why this game has no sequel I've no idea.
    Apparently this game did very badly at retail. Plus, everyone I know who has ever played it said that it really sucked. It always looked pretty generic to me but I never actually played it and I doubt I'm really missing anything.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    You going to pick it up Bhvrd?
    One day left to pre-order! $59.99 w/Free Shipping you also get golden guns plus $20 gift card, hell yeah i'm ordering this bad boy right now!

http://www.amazon.com/Red-Dead-Redem.../dp/B001SGZL2W

Edit (update): I have now purchased this game, considering how awesome it looks i'm stoked I got it pretty much for $39.99, which i'm sure it won't even be hitting that price used for months.
    Last edited by BHvrd; 05-17-2010 at 08:10 PM.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I won't get it until two weeks from now probably since I always go for free shipping. I'll be playing online after finishing the game.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Strawberry (Level 2) misfits859's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Played for about and hour... Not too crazy about the horse controls so far but the game is fun. A crazy shit moment popped up while I was fist fighting a couple of guys in front of a salloon. A group of bandits rode into town while I was doing so and started shooting the place up. I drew my pistol to fire at them and the fellas I was fist fighting pulled their guns on me. I shot a bandit off his horse before getting riddled with bullets from every direction. I enjoy that kind of mayhem in games. This one has potential.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Picked it up, played for a little while, really enjoyed it. I can see this one convincing me to re-up my XBL.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

I am still thinking about this one.

I don't like GTA, and I heard it was like GTA, so I am not sure.

Still, $20 off the next game purchase on Amazon, plus free shipping, is very nice. The special is still available.

But I don't know if I should just wait a year or two until it lowers to $20....just don't know.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Oobgarm
    PSN
    Oobgarm
    Steam
    Oobgarm

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    I don't like GTA, and I heard it was like GTA, so I am not sure.
    If you don't like how GTA plays, this is pretty much the same thing in a different setting.
    RIP bargora, you will be greatly missed.That is how we do things on Giedion Prime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Deltoid Steep
    PSN
    Deltoid-Steep

Two of my friends picked it up yesterday and haven't been doing anything but playing it since. Apparently it's amazing. I'm a bit surprised by all the Gun love here...it is one of two games I have ever traded in, I thought it was terrible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If you don't like GTA then don't waste your money. The theme is certainly different but it's similar in too many other aspects. I'm not a graphics fiend, but this is one beautiful game to my eyes and the voice acting is top notch too. I really got a kick out of the first guy I saw stumbling drunk out of a saloon and into the street. He eventually fell down in the dirt and passed out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

Quote Originally Posted by Oobgarm View Post
    If you don't like how GTA plays, this is pretty much the same thing in a different setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by misfits859 View Post
    If you don't like GTA then don't waste your money.
    Thanks for the warning guys.

Quote Originally Posted by misfits859
    I'm not a graphics fiend, but this is one beautiful game to my eyes and the voice acting is top notch too. I really got a kick out of the first guy I saw stumbling drunk out of a saloon and into the street. He eventually fell down in the dirt and passed out.
    I agree! From what I've seen, the graphics are spectacular. Very detailed, though I did see some glitches on a few gameplay footage I've seen. Still, it looked fantastic and very realistic. The acting also seems realistic, which also gives me lots of realism.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
    But I don't know if I should just wait a year or two until it lowers to $20....just don't know.
    GTA4 is two years old and it's still not $20. Unless you purchase it used.

Now I haven't played it yet since it's still getting sent to me in the mail, but I only sort of agree with Oobgarm on it's GTA4 with a different setting.

The gameplay looks far more fluid, comparative on a level such as Uncharted. Also, the setting is one thing I'd assume would make the game completely different. Now you're not stealing cars, killing cops, etc, but bandits, animals in the wild, protecting villagers, attacking villagers, etc. I'm not really sure of any of this like I said, but for how everything looks in the videos, it uses the same engine but doesn't seem to play as close to GTA as people would think. I don't care either way though. I loved GTA4.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Kupo, if ya liked GTA4 then you'll dig this. I've spent the majority of my several hours so far just goofing off playing poker and exploring. The AI in the game causes some pretty funny moments. If ya happen to hop in the corral on the ranch with the big white faced bull in it, make sure you don't turn your back on it; he packs a wallop lol.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

So was Red Dead Revolver a GTA clone as well? I don't think I've met anyone who's played it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    So was Red Dead Revolver a GTA clone as well? I don't think I've met anyone who's played it.
    Nah, it's pretty locked down. Mostly shootouts in relatively small levels that are more like arenas. It feels like a deathmatch with some tough bots sometimes. Fun game, though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I've played thru about the first 2 or 3 hours of this game, and right now it's my leading candidate for GOTY 2010. I'm not a huge GTA4 guy either. I didn't play very much of that. I was in love with it for a minute, but then got tired of it. That's the only thing I worry about with this game.

Still, I must say that the details are absolutely off the chain in this game. I mean, I give much respect to everybody in the art department. They really went all out on this. For about 30 minutes I was just riding around at night on my horse admiring this interactive world that is spread out before me. The Wild West feel is just so cool. Very cool vibe. Oozing with atmosphere and ambiance.

Insert Coin (Level 0) MuppetMaster's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by misfits859 View Post
    Kupo, if ya liked GTA4 then you'll dig this. I've spent the majority of my several hours so far just goofing off playing poker and exploring. The AI in the game causes some pretty funny moments. If ya happen to hop in the corral on the ranch with the big white faced bull in it, make sure you don't turn your back on it; he packs a wallop lol.
    Where do you play poker? I can't find a game anywhere?

Also this game is crazzy ...I was just roaming around the wilderness and found a man crying after he found his wife dead (suicide, or he killed her) I stopped for a minute and he spouted something and proceded to kill himself (gun to head). This had nothing to do with the story or anything it was just random stuff thats happening in the game world.
    Gotta have it all!!!

My Game Collection: