Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

Quote Originally Posted by heybtbm View Post
    That is amazingly awesome. He deserves a million trillion monies for that win of a video.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I beat this game last night. It's one of my favorite games of this generation - I liked it much more than GTA IV. Did anyone else beat it yet? What did you think of the ending?

I'm probably going to go for 100% (much easier than in GTA), because I'm already around 92% complete...I just need to finish two of the challenges, complete one more stranger mission, and mop up the last bounty locations.

Red Dead is definitely the front-runner for GOTY in my book.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpman View Post
    I beat this game last night. It's one of my favorite games of this generation - I liked it much more than GTA IV. Did anyone else beat it yet? What did you think of the ending?
    Really good ending, though at the same time really sucked.

I think the game is good but when the prerelease impressions came out, it basically led everyone on to believe that there's more to do than you actually can. How they stated you can be an outlaw, help out the people or help the bandits and steal everything. You can't really help the bandits as they'll just open fire on you regardless, though what do you actually get in return for killing a stranded person on the side? Absolutely nothing.

So in the sense there is tons of stuff to do in the game. There are the challenges, there are the random events, but in all honesty, there's really not a whole lot to do. Great game and I'll agree that it deserves a nominee for game of the year, however in my opinion, Yakuza 3 definitely beats it out.

The online of RDR is good. The deathmatches and get the bag are my favorite ones. However, GTA4 has really good car physics and quite a few check point races. There are games though that have the same modes with similar but much more refined gameplay. I haven't played Uncharted 2, but I have played Uncharted, so considering that Uncharted 2 has a deathmatch and capture the flag, as well as the better gameplay of the already good gameplay system of the first game, it's safe to say that RDR online will only be played until everyone completes everything.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Now that I'm almost done this game, I have mixed feelings about it. It's a beautiful and well designed open-world game, but it suffers from some of the same things that turned me off about the GTA games, namely repetitive missions. There's just too many missions where you have to travel to a certain place and just shoot a bunch of enemies. It's fun doing those missions at first, but they get less fun the more you do them. At the same time, I guess there's enough more unique missions like the train robbery and the mine mission. I think this game has a nice balance of familiar GTA style game play and the fresh new setting of the old west. Still a solid 9/10 though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    BuckyBKatt
    PSN
    Bucky_B_Katt

I might be bringing up a thread from over a year ago but when a game is as amazing as this one it shouldn't have to go a year without someone talking about it and playing it.

I just picked it up a few days ago since it finally dropped to the magic $20 price point(at least in Canada). I almost feel ashamed for having waited this long to buy it. I should have listened to what everyone said about it and just bought it for full price. This game stands out as my new favorite game of this generation. The voice acting and dialog is extremely well done, the graphics are polished and the gameplay feels dead on.... I would rave more about it but I have to go back it playing it.

Shmup Hooligan Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I never thought I'd see the day Sarah Jessica Parker gets a video game cameo.

This signature is dedicated to all those
    cyberpunks who fight against injustice
    and corruption every day of their lives

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcalder8 View Post
    I might be bringing up a thread from over a year ago but when a game is as amazing as this one it shouldn't have to go a year without someone talking about it and playing it.

I just picked it up a few days ago since it finally dropped to the magic $20 price point(at least in Canada). I almost feel ashamed for having waited this long to buy it. I should have listened to what everyone said about it and just bought it for full price. This game stands out as my new favorite game of this generation. The voice acting and dialog is extremely well done, the graphics are polished and the gameplay feels dead on.... I would rave more about it but I have to go back it playing it.
    Red Dead was my personal GOTY last year. Let us know how you feel about the game after Mexico though. The way the game ended IMO was fan-freaking-tastic. Thanks for reminding me I need to play the undead expansion... I bought the disc version, but have yet to pop it in.
    -Dobie
    NES, SNES, & Gameboy Collector

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

Quote Originally Posted by Dobie View Post
    Thanks for reminding me I need to play the undead expansion... I bought the disc version, but have yet to pop it in.
    Undead Nightmare is really good.

Mmnnn... Sasquatch meat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcalder8 View Post

What a coincidence, I just bought it in Like new condition for $25 in the middle of May this year. I also was late to the party, but completely wowed by the gameplay.

I give it every bit of a 9.5/10 and it was hard to put down. There's just so much to do between hunting, gathering, side missions, story, etc. Very engrossing gameplay.

Definitely got a solid 40-50 hours out of it at least, and I enjoyed every minute of it. I'm sure you will too.
    WTB Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut Manual Only... PM ME!!

whaler on the moon Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Count me as another who didn't play this game until recently. Even with all the glitches (I've encountered no landscape/background and got stuck "carrying" an invisible hogtied bounty, just to name a couple), one of my favorite games of all time, not just recently. In fact, just finished Undead Nightmare, which was also fantastic. If you liked the social commentary sprinkled in RDR's story, I found Undead Nightmare's to be more poignant.