Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    StetsonGraves

Default I'm a Monster Hunter virgin and I need help making a decision

I’ve been thinking about giving the Monster Hunter franchise a try lately but I’ve never played one before. I’m not afraid of the difficulty, learning curve, or grinding—but whether I buy Monster Hunter Tri or one of the PSP versions I’m going to be playing solo (no internet for my Wii and I have no friends who own them). I guess what I’m asking is are they still fun if you play them alone? Does anyone have any idea how much content I’d be missing out on without an internet connection for Tri? And if I buy one of the PSP versions instead of Tri which one should I get?

Thanks in advance guys/gals!

S

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StetsonGraves View Post
    I'm a Monster Hunter virgin

S
    Lolz XD
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    swlovinist

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for the PSP is amazing, but I honestly am going to hold off getting into the game and wait for Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii. The graphics are updated, as well as added some fighter classes. I think that the game is made to play with others, but can still be enjoyed by yourself. I would just recommend that you give either game alot of time to get used to it. The tutorials suck, and the game takes awhile to really get going.
    Would you like to know more about collecting video games? Check out my extensive Youtube channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/swlovinist

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    E Nice Geo

I've played little of the PSP games, mainly because I just couldn't get used to the controls, but they seemed somewhat easier (or at least the first one) than the PS2 game was in single player. The PS2 game in single player offline mode was pretty difficult, as when it was online the speeds and reactions the monsters had was a bit slower. I don't know how it is for MH Tri, only tried the demo a bit, but it's possible it might be the same. If Tri starts off the same as previous games, it'll initially be a difficult game as you have to slowly gather material and money over the same dull basic quests before you can get yourself decent armor and weapon to get into the real meat of the game, slaying big monsters so you can make better armor and weapons to slay even bigger monsters. But it really is a multiplayer game as there really is no story to speak of, sorta like PSO in that regard, maybe less so.
    Murk: We will bring you Bob Barker. We will bring you the limp and beaten body of Bob Barker! - BTVS