Thread: Goodbye Halo 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    ubersaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post
    I'm getting bored of downloading things and am taking a break before finishing up before 3AM.

Can Xbox disc drives be replaced without affecting your DLC? I bought this one used last year as a spare since I expected this would be happening, and it hasn't gotten much use at all until the last few hours. It doesn't sound especially healthy and it was just stuttering a bit with the intro movie to Links 2004. Isn't the disc since it didn't do that last night on my original Xbox that I play on.

Hope I didn't just waste 10 dollars on the PGR2 booster packs for use as a spare.
    I think as long as the hard drive is fine you should be good.
    Check out the Kleppings!
    Make Way For Madness!
    "9 is a poor man's 11, and 11 is a Baker's Ten."
    Infinite Lives

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Still online as of a couple minutes ago. If it's ending when The 1 2 P says it is, they're late. Wanted to be the last person online in PGR2 but it's getting late, Hopefully it's still up later today.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Google 4 gaga
    Last edited by UnpluggedClone; 05-28-2010 at 06:25 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) graciano1337's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    J City Mayne

it's 1am pacific time and we're still playing. lol. i filmed for like an hour then decided to turn my camera off and wait.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Ames View Post
    The message on the Xbox Live screen last night said that the 15th was the final day for online play and downloads (Or at least that was how I intepreted it last night). So I'm pretty sure we have through tomorrow.
    And I'm pretty sure you're be staring at your tv tomorrow wondering why you can't go online with any of your original Xbox games.
    Still online as of an hour ago. Figured I was right. I didn't see why they'd explicity state when your accessing the XBL blade on the dashboard that it was going away after the 15th if it was going to be ending at 3AM on the 15th...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was able to get back online in Halo 2 an hour ago. Burnout 3? Not so much. That might have been EA's call though because I also checked Jedi Academy and got into a match. I wonder if the Burnout servers went down at 3 am est.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by The 1 2 P View Post
    I was able to get back online in Halo 2 an hour ago. Burnout 3? Not so much. That might have been EA's call though because I also checked Jedi Academy and got into a match. I wonder if the Burnout servers went down at 3 am est.
    I think EA quietly turned off some of their Xbox titles in recent weeks. Battlefield 2 Modern Combat has been offline as well in the several days leading up to the XBL closure coming up in a few hours. I don't believe it was ever slated for being discontinued in any of their public notices and was still working back in February.

I suspect Jedi Academy is a similar situation and hasn't just gone offline over the past 24 hours.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 04-15-2010 at 08:57 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It's offline, they must've shut it down at 12:00AM. Was online a few hours ago.

Edit - Looks like there wasn't much to record. I suspected since Xbox Live was just a matchmaking service that people could continue playing even after the end (Outside of the EA titles that used EA servers and not player hosting) and it appears that just that has went on.

People are still playing a few games like Halo 2 that were online before the end and haven't disconnected, since Xbox Live is just needed to reach a server and isn't necessary once you're in one and playing.

Would be nice to see the hacking community restore XBL functionality someday like we've seen with a few Dreamcast titles.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 04-16-2010 at 03:42 AM.

Insert Coin (Level 0) graciano1337's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    J City Mayne

Well, it's 3:08 am on April 16th and I'm still playing Big Team Battle. Only 90 or so people left online.