Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you judge some games more harshly because they're a weak link in a series?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can see how RE3 might seem like just an expansion on 2, given the setting and all, but Nemesis actually changed the pace and feel of the game quite a bit. You could argue that he isn't much different than those Tyrants in trench coats from 2, but if you play both games one right after the other like I did, the differences might seem more significant.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's weird but in many ways RE3 is my favorite in the series. It has the most inconsequential storyline, sure, but I liked all the little improvements both to the battle engine and just to the game in general. I also loved the branching paths. It seemed to be the most "play over and over to get everything" out of the first three games, and the only one that I actually DID play several times over to discover everything in it. I'm sure part of it has to do w/ the fact that I could never beat the other two games w/ the female characters. Not really sure why but I'd always get to a certain point and just not be able to get further.
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I judged Need for Speed: Pro Street very harshly because it was such a piece of shit. Most of the games that preceded it were some of the best arcade racers ever. Pro Street suffered first and foremost from glitches galore, poor controls, and poor driving physics. Shift is a huge step in the right direction though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

I know I'm in the minority but I actually really enjoyed Silent Hill 4 and found it to be a lot better than Silent Hill 3, which I thought was boring and tedious for some reason. I also thought Earthbound 2/Mother 3 wasn't that great, I played it for a bit and lost interest, which is kind of ironic in it's own way since I signed countless failed petitions to get the game released here.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by exit View Post
    I know I'm in the minority but I actually really enjoyed Silent Hill 4 and found it to be a lot better than Silent Hill 3...
    Wow, yeah you are.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

I don't judge the games this way. When I play numerical series, I like to do them in order even if I don't like certain installments as much. I realize that every game is usually going to have substantial differences although some are similar. It's even easier to accept the differences if the sequel is released for a new console rather than the same one though.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]