Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I picked up 2 arcade games today

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looking at your manual. That pot is at VR351 on your Vertical/Horizontal monitor board. It shows that pot to be a 50k ohm pot. There are several types of leg spacings on pots, so that would be the only trick.

Here is a page full of pots, that you can order from Bob Roberts. You can look for the 50k pot that best resembles the leg spacing of your original.

http://www.therealbobroberts.net/pots.html

By the way that other pot for your vertical size is a 20k pot, in case that one breaks. If you decide to order from Bob I'd order and replace them both. Bob runs that site, and if you email him with an order, you can give him for monitor model #, and tell him your looking for the 50k hor. hold pot for it, and ask him which recommends. He knows his stuff, and he's sure to help answer your question.

He cross ships priority mail, so most shipping starts at $7. So it's best to get several parts you need to make shipping on them reasonable. If I order on a weekday I usually get my order in 3-4 days from placing it. The only strange thing is that he accepts only money orders or checks. Since I don't use checks I get his address, go down to the post office the next day, pay for a stamp and the money order for the total amount with my debit card. It's simple and easy, and you can get your stamp and money order in one place without using cash.
    Last edited by TheDomesticInstitution; 05-07-2010 at 10:28 AM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks DI! I'm gonna take some closer pictures and match it up. I'll also order the cap kit and some tools, I need a safeback discharge kit, plastic alignment tools and some odds and ends.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IronBuddha View Post
    Thanks DI! I'm gonna take some closer pictures and match it up. I'll also order the cap kit and some tools, I need a safeback discharge kit, plastic alignment tools and some odds and ends.
    Often times the replacement pots will look a little different. The leg spacing is the most important. As far as a discharge tool... here's what I used. It's a big flathead screwdriver, a cheap powercord, some electrical tape, and an alligator clip to ground the power cord to the frame.

If you don't have an extra long screwdriver around, and the discharge tool isn't expensive then I'd just go with the proper tool.

Bob ships in flat rate boxes, FYI. You would probably have enough room for a second cap kit for the centipede. While it works great now, if it hasn't been capped in a while or ever- it will need one at some point. Bob's kits aren't very expensive at all, so it wouldn't hurt to be get the other one too.

Anyway good luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

A truly remarkable find. Don't let her get away!
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Insert Coin (Level 0) MasterFygar's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Beautiful find, I love my Dig Dug and would love to have a Centipede one of these days.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Awesome Find,Congrats...