Thread: May 2010 Finds

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

Last edited by The Shawn; 05-28-2010 at 07:17 AM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

Quote Originally Posted by UnpluggedClone View Post
    I guess allyourblood is the messageboard police...
    http://67.225.136.25/forums/showthre...210717&page=11

He was the one in high school with the zits and glasses telling on the other kids while getting his ass beat and his face pissed on...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0267536/usercomments

i am somewhat of a Christmas-nut; i have quite a collection of VHS and DVD movies and cartoons that celebrate the season. most of them are classics that we all know and love. (A Christmas Story, Miracle on 34th, It's a Wonderful Life, A Christmas Carol, etc...) this is no classic. it's fairly flat in its delivery, and doesn't even offer the slightest nod to the real-life roots of Christmas (Christian or otherwise). i bought it from an online store for 1.95 with free shipping, and couldn't resist adding it to my Holiday movie collection for such a low, low price. i don't regret it.

while the acting is kinda unbalanced and the voice work could use some help (some of the voices match the characters nicely, others are jarring, like Grandpa), it's still a fun movie. kids will definitely enjoy it much more than adults, but that should be obvious from the get-go. the songs are dopey, but the presentation is so silly and the art is so colorful that the movie gets away with a lot (at least, it did with me).

i think this movie is best suited to running in the background while you're decorating the tree or having the family over for a holiday get-together. don't expect anything more.

PS: in case you're wondering, the guy who voices Austin Bucks also does TONS of video game voice acting. i recognize him most as Liquid Snake from the Metal Gear Solid series. that alone is kinda fun.

Why are you even here if you pirate games?
    http://www.maxconsole.net/content.ph...eleased-for-ds
    "no, that sucks. i'm also using an M3 Simply, and the tetattds.nds file is sitting happily aside several commercial roms with no problems. little things like this remind us to do backups often, especially when dealing with experimental/homebrew/beta software."

What man you jealous you can't find shit down in san diego?
    Quote Originally Posted by DKTheArcadeRat View Post
    Can't you just shut up? It'd make this thread a lot easier to read for other peoples finds if you did.

Thanks!

Seriously.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

I guess allyourblood is the messageboard police...
    http://67.225.136.25/forums/showthre...210717&page=11

He was the one in high school with the zits and glasses telling on the other kids while getting his ass beat and his face pissed on...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0267536/usercomments

i am somewhat of a Christmas-nut; i have quite a collection of VHS and DVD movies and cartoons that celebrate the season. most of them are classics that we all know and love. (A Christmas Story, Miracle on 34th, It's a Wonderful Life, A Christmas Carol, etc...) this is no classic. it's fairly flat in its delivery, and doesn't even offer the slightest nod to the real-life roots of Christmas (Christian or otherwise). i bought it from an online store for 1.95 with free shipping, and couldn't resist adding it to my Holiday movie collection for such a low, low price. i don't regret it.

while the acting is kinda unbalanced and the voice work could use some help (some of the voices match the characters nicely, others are jarring, like Grandpa), it's still a fun movie. kids will definitely enjoy it much more than adults, but that should be obvious from the get-go. the songs are dopey, but the presentation is so silly and the art is so colorful that the movie gets away with a lot (at least, it did with me).

i think this movie is best suited to running in the background while you're decorating the tree or having the family over for a holiday get-together. don't expect anything more.

PS: in case you're wondering, the guy who voices Austin Bucks also does TONS of video game voice acting. i recognize him most as Liquid Snake from the Metal Gear Solid series. that alone is kinda fun.

Why are you even here if you pirate games?
    http://www.maxconsole.net/content.ph...eleased-for-ds
    "no, that sucks. i'm also using an M3 Simply, and the tetattds.nds file is sitting happily aside several commercial roms with no problems. little things like this remind us to do backups often, especially when dealing with experimental/homebrew/beta software."

What man you jealous you can't find shit down in san diego?
    What are you talking about, this is the most random post I have ever seen?
    Autobots. Roll out.

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FamicomFreak View Post
    New additions horray!
    Hahahah, is that yet another copy of Thunder Force III?
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    achika
    PSN
    portnoyd

I got fucking owned HARD and now I need to desperately try and retaliate any way I can. However, I'm such a huge fucking joke that no one will give me any respect and any of my "comebacks" come off as pathetic whining with no credibility.
    This is all I see when you post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Shawn View Post
    Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    What are you talking about, this is the most random post I have ever seen?
    Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post

UnpluggedClone: just have fun posting, no need to post 2 or 3 photos separate or try to recover from what happened.

Everyone is bored with this stuff, it was fun but can you please post like normal people ?

ON TOPIC:

I found a Demon's Souls Limited Edition for only 40 usd =^.^=
    Last edited by eskobar; 05-28-2010 at 10:04 AM.
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Strawberry (Level 2) allyourblood's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Darn it, he was on my ignore list but I can see the quotes you guys are posting!

The only thing I'm going to comment on is his remark regarding piracy: You bet I own a flash card for my DS. And guess what? Every last game running on it I own in its original, physical form. The flash card allows me to take all of my games with me without having to store 70+ cartridges in a giant case; I also have several homebrew games and a bunch of videos I've ripped from DVDs on it. I also have a bunch of "burned" Sega CD games and about 500 games on my PSP. And like my DS collection, I own every single one of them in their original form.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

*something something something allyourblood something*
    Won't be long now.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SloshyCape0

Quote Originally Posted by allyourblood View Post
    Darn it, he was on my ignore list but I can see the quotes you guys are posting!

The only thing I'm going to comment on is his remark regarding piracy: You bet I own a flash card for my DS. And guess what? Every last game running on it I own in its original, physical form. The flash card allows me to take all of my games with me without having to store 70+ cartridges in a giant case; I also have several homebrew games and a bunch of videos I've ripped from DVDs on it. I also have a bunch of "burned" Sega CD games and about 500 games on my PSP. And like my DS collection, I own every single one of them in their original form.

No one really gives a frogs flying fat ass what/if you pirate. I just quoting his sad attempt to defame you.

We just want him to shut to fuck up and stop breathing our oxygen is all.

No worries.

Apple (Level 5) Shadow Kisuragi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Back on topic...

My fiancee has been picking up racing games for the x360 so we can play them together. We picked up Split/Second for $60 (first brand new game in a long time) and just picked up Burnout Paradise for $20.

...she likes Split/Second more than Blur. Heheh...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

burnout paradise is a great game. how would you rate split second compared to blur and burnout?
    Autobots. Roll out.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Didn't post for a while but here are my finds for may

forgot 1

From a friend - I've payed unde 100 $ (for those - first 3 pictures)

I've traded my old phones (7 pcs) for this picks - I think it was a decent deal - not excelent tho'

30 $ for the FF 7/6 - White Knight for free (review copy)

Those were like under 70 $ ... I think

Around 20 $

Around 60 $

Totaly spend this month -> 280 $ (and some old cell phones)

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    Ouch. I can hear that burn sizzle all the way from here.

Yeah, that's 9 wireless Xbox 360 controllers, "Easy Piano" with the keyboard for DS, a DSi Action Replay, and a 60GB Xbox 360 HDD.

Here's the story....

I was at a FILTHY little garage sale inside a storage shed this afternoon. It was hot as Hades and I was ready to go home. I spotted a loose black wireless controller on a table in the shed and asked the guy sitting there if it were for sale. He said yes, and that it was $5. That's a good price, as I can always use a spare controller. Then he pointed to a several boxes and told me there was more video game stuff in those....

I started digging through the box and pulled out this stuff. I pulled 7 Xbox 360 Wireless N adapters, and some of those Bluetooth style wireless headsets. Those I gave to my dad to sell on eBay. The guy told us just to make piles and we'd work something out. The things were $5 a piece, but the guy did a count and asked me if $50 was a good price. Heck yeah.

There was a ton of Nyko Wii controllers, several of the Nerf games for it as well, and some other things, including some Microsoft brand Xbox wireless microphones. The guy had gotten all that stuff from an auction apparently. The items' packaging had been damaged in transit and the stuff was deemed unsellable. All the items are basically in mint new condition, just with cut up and damaged UPC-less packaging. The 3 controllers in packaging is how they originally were, the guy running the sale had just removed the others. Umm now I want to find this auction....

I might keep one or two controllers, the rest will be lotted up and put on eBay, unless there's any interest for them separately. I'm going to attempt to put the HDD in my $3 Xbox . If it doesn't work there I'll see if my sister wants it put in her Xbox.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Strawberry (Level 2) allyourblood's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ryaan:

NICE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$50 bucks craigs list

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    lotsa stuff
    Man, that's a great find for flipping. I can sell wireless controllers on craigslist for $20 all day long. Those N adapters probably go for over $50 as well.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

I'd take a black controller. The L stick on mine is starting to draw left.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Ryaan, would you like to donate one of those controllers to me?

For SCIENCE! ?

Or some games, I dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Apple (Level 5) Shadow Kisuragi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    burnout paradise is a great game. how would you rate split second compared to blur and burnout?
    I'm still working through Split/Second and only played the first couple stages in Blur.

Split/Second models itself after a simulation racer in terms of drifting and handling with environment destruction. Blur models itself after an arcade racer with power-ups. It also has social networking tie-ins, which do nothing for me as I avoid the social networking sites.

Out of the three, I think I enjoyed Burnout Paradise more. I played it when it came out and got an Elite license. Split/Second's AI is frustrating and I couldn't find an Online Multiplayer option for Blur.

I honestly haven't played enough of Blur or Split/Second to be able to compare them.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by allyourblood View Post

Sure you do pirate

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$25 on CL great find!