Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: May 2010 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BetaWolf47 View Post
    He's banned! Sorry for the small post, but I'm glad that's over.
    He'll just register with a different email account. The fun part will be exposing him again.

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Was up late last night and found me a steal off CL. I had been wanting to get a PS2 for a while now but wanted to find a good deal and didn't want to spend more than 50. So I was up around midnight or so and found this ad.

PS2 System (Fat one with power and AV cables)
    Logitech wireless controller and receiver
    1 PS2 Memory card, 1 PS1 Memory card

Games

Beyond Good and Evil
    Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening
    Final Fantasy XII Collector's Edition
    Flipnic
    Getting Up
    Gran Turismo 4
    Killzone
    Lego Batman
    Lego Star Wars
    Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
    Persona 3
    Psychonauts
    Red Star, The
    R-Type Final
    Silent Hill 4: The Room
    Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
    Twisted Metal: Black

PS1 Games

N20: Nitrous Oxide
    Elemental Gearbolt
    Tempest X3
    Colony Wars

Picked it up, system also came with the network adapter (now to find a hdd). and Black as well. All but 3 games were complete. Also came with a guncon as well.

Keeping the following-

System w/adapter
    FF12
    DMC3
    R Type
    Persona 3
    Elemental Gearbolt
    Flipnic

Going to take the rest of it and sell it in one lot on ebay, should get enough to pay for the entire lot, or close to it, giving me some kick ass games and a ps2 for nada.
    You did what? With who? For how many cookies?
    Always looking for promotional materials and classic gaming commercials in print and video form
    my feedback-http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48618

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Nice find. You'd have better luck selling some of those those extra games here.

I'd like The Red Star, for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

This should be voted thread of the year. Worst comeback award goes to UnpluggedClone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

found this at "Thrift America" the other day.
    weird, mostly because they never seem to take in any gaming related stuff, with a goodwill and 2 used game stores within a block radius.
    anyway, i can't stand the series, but my girlfriend has wanted to play one of em forever, so, for $3, i figured it was worth it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another Goodwill find: a PS1 memory card (first-party, clear) for 99 cents.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ok, I doubt I'll find anything else this month, so I'll make a giant post of everything I got. Nothing too special, but I'd say I found a few good deals here and there.

To make it easier to read I'll post pictures, prices, and then story in case you just want to see what I got. Or if you don't really care what I got just scroll down to the next post and hurt my e-peen. Game collecting is srs business!

The Muppet Movie - $6
    Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks - $18

My month started out a bit slow with only those two finds. The Muppet Movie I found at Marhshalls of all places. They had a small section of DVDs and I noticed that was there. It was the Columbia/Tristar version, so I'd though I pick it up. For those wondering what the difference is, it has some extra special features including the camera tests Jim Henson and Frank Oz shot.

There isn't much of a story to Zelda. I just got it from Amazon while it was $18.

The Muppet Show (Time-Life) DVDs - $2 each
    DVDs are:
    Roger Moore, Edgar Bergen, and Danny Kaye
    Seņor Wences, Lola Falana, Juliet Prowse
    Mark Hamil, Paul Simon, Raquel Welch
    Alice Cooper, Vincent Price, Marty Feldman

I picked up those DVDs at a flea market in my town. The guy probably had the whole set, but I was hoping to still find some games there.

Anyway, the flea market did have some games, but nothing I was really looking for. There were a few Genesis games there, but nothing worth mentioning. One table was selling a Genesis Model 1 and a few games. I decided I might as well ask how much they wanted, and the women selling it told me $50. I walked away right after that.

Another table had a Wii they wanted to sell for $95. It looked pretty good, but I didn't have the money or desire to purchase it.

Another interesting thing that happened to me at the flea market was I ran into another person looking for old games. I saw him at a table I was at that had some PS2 and Xbox games, he asked for old Nintendo games. I was a bit nervous he might have already gotten some good deals, but all he had in his hands were some soap. I tried to go through the tables quickly after that to try and beat him to the deals. Of course, none were really to be found.

Adventure Island - $3.99
    Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - $1

Yesterday I went to a local disc replay. I hadn't been there in a while and was slightly saddened to see that they stopped selling all their Genesis and Master System games for $2. Most of my SEGA collection had come from this, so it was a bit heart breaking. Because of this, I passed on some Genesis and Master System games they had in stock because I didn't really feel like spending that much money. Instead I picked up the two games above.

Star Wars I've been looking for since I got an Atari. It was great to actually see it in stock there. For some strange reason though I feel like I already owned the game even though I don't remember purchasing it.

Adventure Island had an interesting story with it. When I asked to purchase it the sales clerk mentioned how this one guy had been coming in every few days to ask if they had Adventure Island. He kept telling him that it was unlikely they'd ever get it in. The clerk mentioned how he'd probably come in that day and he'd have to tell him how he missed out on a copy. I got to experience schadenfruede.

The cartridge itself is in really poor condition. I'm going to attempt to clean it before putting it in my NES.

Clerks - $3
    Mario Toy - $1

Today I went to another flea market that was in town. This one guy who usually comes with games was not there, but there were a couple of games around. Some I remember seeing were Fable the Lost Chapters for $1, Street Fighter IV for $4, and Pac-Man World 2 for $1. I wasn't really looking for any of those games though. Instead I grabbed the Clerks DVD that seemed like a good price and that Mario Toy because I thought I wouldn't find anything else that day.

Katamari Damacy
    Star Fox Adventures
    Legend of Zelda Four Swords
    Pikmin 2
    $10 all together

After the flea market, I decided to check out the garage sales across the street. The first one I stopped at didn't really have a whole lot of things I was interested in. There were a few DVDs, furniture, and other crap you find at garage sales. The next garage sale also seemed to be like that until a kid walked outside with a tub of games with a sign that games were 2 for $5. I began scourging through it and picked out all of those games. I was going to get Super Mario Sunshine, but he didn't have the disc. I also saw a copy of Wind Waker that had a Kmart logo on the front and said it came with the Strategy guide. I'm not really into collecting logo variants so I passed on it. I was a bit surprised that the kid actually had good taste in games. Most of the games in there were pretty good, but just stuff I already had or had played or just plain wasn't into. All games were missing their instruction manuals.
    Last edited by Dr. Dib; 05-29-2010 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Added some info.
    I have a sig?

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Samurai Shodown 2 US dogtag AES (complete/mint)

For those of you who might not be that familiar with Neo geo, this is somewhat of a rare find. This was one of the final Dog tag releases in the US and usually fetches around $120 or so, on average. The Japanese version of the game is one of the most common AES carts - you can get it for about $20. The dog tag version very rarely pops up. I couldn't tell if the game was the dog-tag or Euro style based upon the poor auction pic, but I lucked out with the dog tag version, which is what I was hoping for.

I feel a little guilty even posting this.
    The price was $5 buy it now with $10 shipping. I happened to be browsing within a couple minutes or so of it being listed. Have a look:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...T#ht_500wt_984

It may be the first and only time that you see "Neo Geo" and "I'm not trying to make money off this" in the same auction. The guy shipped it immediately USPS priority.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Today news

From Auchan Supermarket - under 5 $ new-sealed

From fleemarket

7 $

5 $

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bartre View Post
    anyway, i can't stand the series, but my girlfriend has wanted to play one of em forever, so, for $3, i figured it was worth it
    Umm, yeah. $3 is definitely worth it for SNES Harvest Moon...

Anyway, I did garage sales and found some stuff today. Not really any game stuff, but I did find a pilot's aviation headset and a ASA CX-1 flight calculator for $10 and since I sold that Palm Zire Z22 for $30 a few weeks ago I knew to pick up a Palm Zire 31 for $6 as well. It's interesting what you see at garage sales sometimes. Speaking of "interesting" stuff at garage sales...

Uhh here's something funny: I was digging in a box of what I thought was misc at a garage sale and there were several boxes of condoms in the bottom ... Let's just say I got out of that garage sale quickly. And that qualifies as the most surprising thing I've seen at a garage sale so far.

Anybody curious about the Xbox controllers, like I said 6/9 are in good enough shape to be used. I'm keeping the black/white "dragon" one so I've got 5 FS/FT. The 3 ones that have issues will be lotted up on eBay for parts/repair.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    haasinhampton

garage sales again today, man it is tough to get any game stuff anymore. Golf balls were my big find of the day. 15 dozen brand new.

I did manage to pick up a plastic bag at my last sale today, and there were about 8 gba games in it. There was also a pink ds carry case. I searched the case and found no system, but there were 6 ds games in it. I asked how much for the bag and the lady said $5. Ya baby. She said her daughter could not find the system, but had a ds she was selling. She asked for my number and said she will call when the daughter finds the ds, she said she has tons of other video game stuff too if i would be interested. Im really hoping she calls and I hit the jackpot. She was from a wealthier neighborhood and does not seem to care about what stuff was worth, just wanted to get rid of it. Doesnt seem like the vintage game type, but could have a bunch of ps2 or gamecube I would imagine. Also bought a palm zire pda for $10 off of her, it has bluetooth and a camera.
    Autobots. Roll out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Took a quick stop in a couple of store during lunch and found We Love Katamari (PS2), Ice Hockey, Darkwing Duck (NES), and a small pile of LPs for $10 total today. Some Jazz, Soul, and one odd exotic LP from the 50s.

In other news, I finally got paid for some tapes and DVDs that I sold over the last couple of weeks, $50 of which, I sent to a friend overseas in good faith before getting paid. I was worried that he was going to screw me over but he sent it yesterday. I'll probably do some Ebay shopping for the next couple of days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My day was ruined by an 80 year old woman picking a box of atari games and some nes games right in front of me, so literally seconds before I got there. Seriously, she looked like she was 80. WTF?

Anyway I got a boxed Vic-20, cassette player, carts, cassettes, etc - $5
    And an Atari 6 switch with a bunch of joysticks and 3 common games - $5

She left those behind. I console myself with the fact that I seem to have gotten the manuals for most of the atari games in my box so the games she got were all common anyway and ones I almost certainly had.

Never knew "sumguy" could be an 80 year old woman.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atarileaf View Post
    My day was ruined by an 80 year old woman picking a box of atari games and some nes games right in front of me, so literally seconds before I got there. Seriously, she looked like she was 80. WTF?
    Probably some old lady buying video games for her grandchildren, unable to tell one "video game tape" from another.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Today's finds:

VHS: Pokemon - The Great Race (sealed), Dual! One Vision (sealed), Aeon Flux (broken sealed).

PC: Riven, Rama, Betrayal in Antara. All 3 are jewel case complete, if that counts.

$9 total.
    Last edited by BetaWolf47; 05-29-2010 at 02:32 PM.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

Ladd Spencer (Level 17) Sniderman's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

$2 for all. The games were $1 each in a flea market bin, and the loose cards were crammed into the two complete games. So two completes and two loose cards - four games - $2.
    Still Around...Still Gamin'...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

After going to some yard sales today I didn't buy anything. There were some Playstation systemsm Atari systems and an Intellivision II but I passed on everything. I don't really have the time to test it all and it all cost more than I was willing to pay. Besides, The guy said the INTV was in a barn all winter and he didn't know if he had all the cables.

Quote Originally Posted by rodarkone View Post
    under 5 $ new-sealed

Heck yeah!

Austin

Banana (Level 7) SamuraiSmurfette's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So many garage sales today, but I swear, 2 out of 3 has nothing but baby stuff.

N64 with expansion pack, controller and 4 games: Ken Griffey Jr, Donkey Kong, Goldeneye and NHL99 - $10 for all

GBA loose copies of Mario NES, Mariokart, Lord of the Rings 2 Towers, and Simpsons Road Rage - $10 for all (also got a darth vader voice changing helmet here for $5)

Titan Quest Gold PC and Thief Xbox - $3 for the pair

Pokemon XD GC, Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green with wireless adapters, Jumanji UMD, and the guides - $15 all

Hawkman $0.75

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At the flea market:

Brigandine PSX (mint, complete w/map and reg. card) $15
    The Misadventures of Tron Bonne PSX (mint, complete) $15

Strawberry (Level 2) allyourblood's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Didn't get to go out today, since I had work. I'm working again tomorrow morning too, so that's out as well.

Oh well, you folks have found some awesome stuff! Dr. Dib, thanks for the interesting read, and Sniderman, nice score on those TG-16 games! I'd love to trip across some Turbo stuff, but it just almost never happens around here. I think I average about 2-3 TG-16 games a year.

Hope to be back with some good finds next weekend. Until then I'll just drool over everyone else's stuff.