Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast

Thread: May 2010 Finds

Insert Coin (Level 0) Amnion-Chorion's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scrimble View Post
    I was happy (and surprised) to find Web of Fire for 32X there for $20, which now completes my US 32X collection. All I need now is the box and manual
    Wow, great find! My local Play 'n Trade has a copy as well, but they're too up to date on Ebay values and are charging somewhere around $200 for it.

However, for some reason they don't seem to bother checking on the values of TG16 games, so I've gotten complete copies of Air Zonk and Jackie Chan from them for $5 a piece, so it's a fair trade I suppose.

Strawberry (Level 2) icarwngs55's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So it was an ok weekend at the Fleamarket...

61 Players Guides $30 (all like brand new)
    1. Wild Arms 4 (2) ~$.49each
    2. Resident Evil: Outbreak – File#2 (1)
    3. Tales of Legendia (1)
    4. Suikoden V (1)
    5. Tony Hawk’s American Wasteland (1)
    6. True Crime: New York City (1)
    7. Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run
    8. Mortal Kombat Armageddon (1)
    9. Soul Caliber III (1)
    10. Devil May Cry 3 (1)
    11. X-Men Legends II (1)
    12. Madden 2006 (1)
    13. Xenosaga: Episode II (1)
    14. Kameo: Elements of Power (1)
    15. Socom 3: US Navy Seals (2)
    16. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (1)
    17. Indiana Jones and the Emperor’s Tomb (1)
    18. Draconus: Cult of the Wyrm (1)
    19. Drakengard (1)
    20. Half Life 2 (1)
    21. The Sims 2 (1)
    22. Legacy of Kain: Defiance
    23. Bloodrayne 2 (1)
    24. Time Splitters 2 (1)
    25. Need for Speed Most Wanted (1)
    26. Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha vs The Soulless Army (1)
    27. Final Fantasy X (2)
    28. Final Fantasy VIII (1)
    29. Final Fantasy VII (1)
    30. Doom 3 (1)
    31. Wild Arms Alter Code F (1)
    32. Star Wars Battle Front II (2)
    33. Prince of Persia The Two Thrones (2)
    34. Suikonen Tactics (1)
    35. Suikoden IV (1)
    36. Star Wars Episode III (2)
    37. Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks (2)
    38. Atelier Iris 2: The Azoth of Destiny (1)
    39. Final Fantasy XII (1)
    40. Final Fantasy XII Limited Edition Guide (1)
    41. Halo 2 (1)
    42. Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door (1)
    43. Onimusha Dawn of Dreams (1)
    44. Driver (1)
    45. Lego Star Wars (1)
    46. Mechassault 2: Lone Wolf (1)
    47. Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (1)
    48. Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (1)
    49. Final Fantasy X-2 (1)
    50. Pokemon: Fire Red/Leaf Green Version(2)
    51. Resident Evil: Archives – Umbrella Virus Uncovered (1)
    52. Shadow of Colossus (1)
    53. Star Wars Republic Commando (1)

Then from another vendor for $2...
    Time Soldiers [Sega Master System; Complete]
    Smuggler's Run GUIDE
    Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee GUIDE
    SSX GUIDE

Another Vendor $15 for a PS1 Lot of 24 games (all games complete minty)...
    Driver
    Driver 2
    Razor Racing
    MLB 2001
    Test Drive Off-Road 3
    007: The World is not Enough
    MLB 2005
    Ford Racing
    Army Men 3-D
    Wheel of Fortune
    Motocross Mania
    Croc
    RC Revenge
    Twisted Metal III
    Jet Moto 2
    Crash Bandicoot Warped
    Rally Cross 2
    Spyro Year of the Dragon
    Bowling
    Grand Turismo 2
    Tony Hawk's ro Skater 2
    Grand THeft Auto 2
    2 Xtreme
    Game Shark Lite [not a game]

Another Vendor 3 PS1 games $5...
    Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
    Dexter's Laboratory: Mandark's Lab?
    Air Combat [Long Box]

Another Vendor...
    Pitball [PS1] $2

Another Vendor...
    Arnold Palmer's Tournament Golf [Genesis; complete] $1

Another Vendor $5...
    3 antiperspirants/deodorants [ WOOT! WOOT!]
    Rayman [PS1]

Another Vendor $0.50...
    Nintendo Power: Super Power Club [Power Challenge Trading Cards Binder]
    ** Have been looking for this for a while; it is a Nintendo Power Catalog exclusive that is meant to house all your "tear-out" cards from your Nintendo Powers (circa 1988-1992). And guess what? THIS ONE CAME FILLED! Woot!

Another Vendor...
    NES Quickshot Track-Ball $4

Another Vendor $5.50...
    Pac-Man: Pac-Man and the Ghost Diggers [Golden Children's Book]
    Jammit [Genesis; complete]
    Shanghai [Master System; no manual]
    Die Hard Trilogy [Saturn]
    Sega Saturn 3-D controller

Another Vendor $20 for NES Lot + (2) complete Master System Games...

NES LOT:
    System + 2 controllers + gun (orange) + power supply/video cable
    9 games...
    WWF WrestleMania
    Kings of the Beach
    Excitebike
    Ducktales
    SMB/Duck Hunt
    The Immortal
    Overlord
    NORTH and SOUTH **this is why I bought the lot!!**

Master System Games:
    E-Swat
    Joe Montana Football

WOW! So an ok weekend. nothing out of this world and please no one add up and tell me what I spent...but a solid weekend.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Stopped at a Goodwill today, a bit farther away than I usually go, as I was trying to hit a Pawn Shop in the same area but it was closed.

Anyway, went into the store, saw a glass case with a bunch of SNES games in it. A few games I already have but then I saw some I needed. And then I saw the price they were selling them for.

Anyway, here's what I bought.

SNES:

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
    F-Zero
    Super Star Wars
    Killer Instinct
    Doom
    Primal Rage
    Pinball Fantasies
    Street Fighter Alpha 2

N64:

Perfect Dark
    NFL Quarterback Club 2000
    007: The World is Not Enough
    Winback

Genesis:

Madden '93 (CIB)
    PGA Tour GOlf II (CIB)

A lot of good stuff, to be sure.

Even better is that each game cost only $1. Hell. Yes.

Oh, and I stopped at Play N Trade, took advantage of a buy-two-get-one-free deal and got:

Game & Watch Gallery (GB)
    Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (GB)
    Asteroids+Missile Command (GB)
    The Rocketeer (SNES)
    Ken Griffey Jr. Winning Run (SNES)
    Wetrix (N64)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    PentiumMMX

Seeing as I had a 4-day weekend to end the month, I went nuts; raking in what I feel are some decent finds.

- Wii console (Missing Gamecube Controller Port cover): $150
    - New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii, of course. Complete in mint condition): $40
    - Super Mario Galaxy (Wii. Complete in very good condition): $35
    - GoPlay Lumberjacks (Wii. Loose in shitty condition): Free (Was left inside the Wii. Quickly traded off to help pay for SMG)

Yeah, I finally bought myself another Wii (Those trailers for SMG2 proved to be too much; I knew I had to get myself another Wii for it, among other games I missed out on the first time around). There's other Wii games I want to get again, such as Super Smash Bros. Brawl, although the first SMG was on top of the list.

- Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (Game Boy Color. Loose in very good condition): $8
    - X-Man 2: Clone Wars (Genesis. Complete in near mint condition): $2
    - Tons of Genesis game boxes (All cardboard) and instruction books: Free

Over at Game-X-Change, somebody traded in a shitload of Genesis stuff; there was a good 30 games there, about 6 controllers, and a ton of other stuff. Since they where going to throw out the cardboard boxes (They only wanted to put the nicer, hard plastic cases on their shelves), nor did they want to sort through the shoebox of instruction books to figure out what goes to what, they unloaded it all on me; among the noteworthy boxes and manuals are Beyond Oasis and Knuckles' Chaotix, although I found the instructions for Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles (Which I had been needing. Now, to find a box for Sonic & Knuckles...)

Non-gaming finds:
    - Doctor Who: Black Orchid (DVD. New): $10

It's hard for me to pass up a Doctor Who DVD for less than $15...unless Mel is in the episode, whom I can't stand. Thankfully, she isn't in this episode, so I scooped it up quickly.

Passed up:
    - Apple Power Macintosh 5400/120 (Slightly yellowed, but in pretty good shape): $3

You're probably wondering why I pass up a Mac being sold that cheap, aren't you? Well, allow me to explain in story form... get ready, because this is a bit long.

It all began Saturday morning; at about 10AM. I was pretty much done looking at garage sales, as I proceed to take some back roads to get to a thrift store I like to occasionally look around at. On the way, I stumble onto an unadvertized garage sale that appeared to have some computer stuff. Upon parking and walking up, I immediately notice a mid '90s Macintosh; like the one they had at the museum my mom used to work at about 10 years ago. It was a little yellowed, but it was in good shape considering the price ($3). Immedietely, I ask the guy running the sale if he knew if it worked; to which we responded that it did turn on last time he used it, but he doesn't know anything about Macs, so he never really used it. Noticing a lack of a keyboard and mouse, I ask if he happens to have them lying around somewhere. He said that he did, so he went into his house and tried to find them; coming back with two generic PS\2 mice and a keyboard. Obviously, not Mac compatible.

I point out that those aren't the right keyboard and mouse for it, so he begins to dig through other areas he stores stuff; eventually finding the right keyboard after I waited about 5 minutes (Which felt like an eternity, just standing outside waiting on him), although it was missing two keys. To help him know what to look for, I point out that the mouse that goes with it only has 1 button and an Apple logo imprinted in it. After nearly 10 minutes of waiting (At this point, even if he finds the right mouse, I'm beginning to have doubts about getting it. After all, with how disorganized he was, I was beginning to wonder wither the Mac still works or not, wither the keyboard will function considering the shape it's in, what condition the mouse may possibly be in, and if he has change for a $20, which was the smallest bill I had on me). Eventually, he comes back with a mouse he "remembers using on it"; a beat-up, serial port mouse. However, there obviously wasn't a PC-style serial port on the back, so I told him I was going to pass on the Mac; apologizing for the trouble.

He, however, wasn't ready to let me leave. He insisted he knew where the right mouse was this time, so he asked if I could wait around a little longer while he looked. I honestly did not want to wait another 15+ minutes, so I told him that I had some other stuff to take care of. He then asked if had a phone number I could give him, so he could call me up should he manage to find that mouse. Seeing as I didn't want to give my phone number to him (Also, I had already lost interest in buying that Mac, seeing as I had been waiting what felt like 30 minutes for him to find all the stuff needed, and barely anything had come of it), I asked if I could just swing by later. He agreed, and I finally left. I never did go back; after all that waiting, I just didn't feel it was worth it anymore regardless of the price.
    Last edited by PentiumMMX; 05-31-2010 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Something I meant to include the first time around

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Not a lot of stuff today.

Office XP Standard, new - $4
    Mario Party 4 - $1
    Lazyboy TV (CD + DVD) - $1
    First-run Tamagotchi, brand new - $1

I found that Office XP at one of my usual booths, I picked it up before anyone else could get it. I can't sell it like that 'cause it has a Microsoft Employee sticker on it, so I'm gonna have to open it.

Mario Party 4 is filthy. It's the most horrible Gamecube game I've ever picked up. The disc is really scratched, the manual is water damaged and I think it's got cobwebs. The case is worthless. The insert is torn up and warped. But for a buck... I figure the disc is worth a trade or something.

Lazyboy TV caught my attention so I picked it up. I thumbed through the liner notes and noticed it seemed to be one of those anti-establishment CDs that I have a liking for, so I bought it. It turns out that the guy that made this was a member of Aqua (yes, the Barbie Girl Aqua) so I'm not sure what to think now. The CD and DVD are really neat, though, they each look like a CD-R / DVD-R, respectively. I had to double check, I thought someone had swapped the discs out.

(ETA: It's not anything like I expected it to be. It's hip hop... but it's... not. I'm enjoying it.)

And that Tamagotchi... uh. Well, it's a Tamagotchi! It's brand new. Are these worth anything now?

Other finds of note: Book on tape versions of Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy and Restaurant At The End Of The Universe. I wanted to pick them up, but I don't have a tape deck.
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 05-31-2010 at 01:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Letiumtide View Post
    I'll be moving to Windsor next month, I guess the competition will get a little tougher for you. The first thing I'm likely to do is scour out any good places to find games.
    Your actually, purposely moving to Windsor? Wow, I didn't think people moved here without a gun to their head. I sure as hell hope its not for work, there isn't any and any that there is doesn't last long.

Anyway, there are two retrogaming stores, well one, with two locations - Its called GameCycle but their prices can be, how can I put this, insane. Other than that there are your Value Villages and other local thrifts but there hasn't been much lately. Now that its summer people aren't donating games, they're in yard sales. There is a big flea market in June in the county just outside Windsor. Third weekend of June I think, I'll have to double check. If you're going to be here let me know and I'll get your directions.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garagesaleking!! View Post
    nice chrono trigger fonewearl!
    Thanks, Mortal Kombat was the only stinker out of the SNES games IMO.

Banana (Level 7) SamuraiSmurfette's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No pics, because I'm lazy today

Loons xbox $4
    DDR Ultramix 4 Xbox $4
    Madagascar Xbox $4
    X-Wing Collector's Edition PC $4
    Master of Orion PC $3
    Large Terracotta Cat Head $5
    (seeing if you're paying attention)
    Pile of random crappy PC games including Armed and Dangerous, Unreal Gold, Resevoir Dogs, Phantasy Star Universe and a bunch others $1 each complete

Also bought Halo Wars Risk (retail price).
    Looking forwards to having friends over for some epic flood vs covenant board game action!
    Last edited by SamuraiSmurfette; 05-31-2010 at 08:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My finds from this weekend were:

Friday
    Intellivision System $4
    SNES TopGear (complete) $0.99
    SNES Batman Returns (boxed) $3.99

Saturday
    PS1 Suikoden (disc only) $1
    PS1 Xenogears (discs only) $1
    PS2 Deus Ex (complete) $1
    PS2 Metal Gear Solid 2 (complete) $1
    Network Adapter x2 (New) $7.50 ea.

Sunday
    Indiana Jones Last Crusade Ubi Soft w/ manual $6
    Saturn Mortal Kombat II (complete) $5
    5200 Buck Rodgers (cart only) $1
    5200 Zaxxon (cart only) $1
    Stack of 32 manuals for NES, SNES, Genesis, and N64 (good stuff) $25

-Atarian75

Trade List: http://gametz.com/user/Atarian75.html
    Last Game Finished: Earth Defense Force 2017 on Normal. 5/27/2009

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    And that Tamagotchi... uh. Well, it's a Tamagotchi! It's brand new. Are these worth anything now?
    Yeah, that's a nice find.

I just sold a yellow/blue model one brand new for $34. If you have a different color it might be a bit harder to find. The yellow/blue ones are the most common to find new, for some reason.

BONUS:
    Brand new tamagotichis fit EASILY in those USPS small flat rate priority mail boxes. $4.95 shipping ftw!
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Mine's white, actually (in the front, at least). Wonder if that's good.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Insert Coin (Level 0) Letiumtide's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Letiumtide

Quote Originally Posted by Atarileaf View Post
    Your actually, purposely moving to Windsor? Wow, I didn't think people moved here without a gun to their head. I sure as hell hope its not for work, there isn't any and any that there is doesn't last long.

Anyway, there are two retrogaming stores, well one, with two locations - Its called GameCycle but their prices can be, how can I put this, insane. Other than that there are your Value Villages and other local thrifts but there hasn't been much lately. Now that its summer people aren't donating games, they're in yard sales. There is a big flea market in June in the county just outside Windsor. Third weekend of June I think, I'll have to double check. If you're going to be here let me know and I'll get your directions.
    I'm just going down for school, I don't plan to live there any longer than that. Since Thunder Bay doesn't offer Journalism, I kind of had to pick a place, and since Windsor U offers Education, it was kind of a good match, since that's what my boyfriend is doing. So, for all that it may be, it worked out for us to move to Windsor for our education needs.

I'll be there at the beginning of July, so I'm kind of hoping that there will be some other flea markets yet for the summer.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Mine's white, actually (in the front, at least). Wonder if that's good.
    I seem to recall seeing the white one bring a lot of money when I was doing research (to see if mine was worth selling). All I can say is to put it up on the 'bay, starting price $9.99, and see where it goes.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    I seem to recall seeing the white one bring a lot of money when I was doing research (to see if mine was worth selling). All I can say is to put it up on the 'bay, starting price $9.99, and see where it goes.
    Yay! Let's hope so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    Yeah, that's a nice find.

I just sold a yellow/blue model one brand new for $34. If you have a different color it might be a bit harder to find. The yellow/blue ones are the most common to find new, for some reason.

BONUS:
    Brand new tamagotichis fit EASILY in those USPS small flat rate priority mail boxes. $4.95 shipping ftw!
    My grandma has a stack of the original tamogatchis new, along with grateful dead beanie babies that she thought will be worth something. i should tell her they're worth money now.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amnion-Chorion View Post
    Wow, great find! My local Play 'n Trade has a copy as well, but they're too up to date on Ebay values and are charging somewhere around $200 for it.

However, for some reason they don't seem to bother checking on the values of TG16 games, so I've gotten complete copies of Air Zonk and Jackie Chan from them for $5 a piece, so it's a fair trade I suppose.
    Way to stick it to Play N Trade. Ever since I found out that the one near me resurfaced every disc that they take in, I have stopped patronizing PNT.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by darkslime View Post
    My grandma has a stack of the original tamogatchis new, along with grateful dead beanie babies that she thought will be worth something. i should tell her they're worth money now.
    Would you mind waiting until I'm done with my auction? You don't want to saturate the market, doncha know.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Flea..
    $5.00

Son bought
    $7.00

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Passed this up for $100.00

Then $85.00,Then $65.00,Then $40.00....Untested missing this and that(games were under unit.

As I was looking at it the vendor was going on and on as how it was complete,how rare t is,how valuable it is,how much it's worth....I didn't get to say a word in and two dudes walked up..
    They asked how much,The vendor threw the highest price at them and started to come down as with me..The two dudes started to explain to the vendor that prices are dead now,that boxed NES units are only selling for $40.00..

I was going to offer the guy $20-25 max....But they offered $20 and the vendor was pissed off...

I saw the vendor way later and he didn't sell it,he jumped it back up to $65.00....and said make an offer..I.told him that I don't want to insult him that I just can't make any money on it at hios asking price,He saud air enough..

Plus that will all the units I had none worked..

So what really are these things worth as is.

Another vendor had a load of Systems piled like trash in cardboard boxes...Looks like he unloaded someones storage of Atari 2600s,Genesis,Saturns..There had to be atleast 10 2600 dirty decks in the pile..6-7 Gennys and 4-5 Saturns..,controllers,two ROBs...2600 and genny games in piles..all looked to be like someones trash,like as if a retro store dumped all this suff as it was so banged up and dirty,missing lables and smashed...
    I found a Master System within the stuff,it was pretty scratched up..I located it's parts..Price $5.00 for the system alone..and each part was from 3-5 bucks..I left it..it was adding up to be too much....There was a Famiclone with a Batman symbol on it that i've never seen before..I shook it and it didn't sound to good inside..

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Videogamerdaryll View Post
    Son bought
    $7.00
    I used to have the same toy gun that's in the bottom left corner, it was pretty fun.