Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you think of Gamefaqs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Awesome game guide & cheats, but POS when it comes to forum discussion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    TurboArkhan

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    No, that would be caused by the damn game stores PUSHING GAME GUIDES WHEN YOU BUY THE GAME. :P
    most people dont end up buying those though.

why pay 15$ when some goon posted one on gamefaqs lol

I only get the ones that come with posters. When they tell me its a poster and its really a crafting or weapon chart, people get murdered
    Aetherbyte: PC-Engine and more homebrew

Insert Coin (Level 0) Drifter 2000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been visiting the site since probably 1998, and been a member of the forums since 2000. This August will be ten years for me as a "active" member of the boards. Submitted a review or two, and usually make a stop in at least once a day.

As a data hub for gaming; I don't think GameFAQs can be beaten. I don't know of any single site that provides all the information that GameFAQs does in one single area. The design is solid, easy to use, and really the advanced search function makes looking for specific games or lists very easy. You can find guides, reviews, pictures, and data on practically every game that at least one person has bought since gaming first started.

As a community; it's really a double edged sword. The boards have never exactly been a beacon of decent discussion. Any of the more traveled boards are generally just a total mess of useless topics, flaming, and that kind of crap. A lot of the older ones however are very good. Classic Gaming is solid, the SNES, Genesis, NES, Gameboy, PS1, etc boards are all excellent places to find some good discussion.

Places like Non-Stop Gaming General, and the main system forums for the newer consoles are pretty much horrible. Not to sound like an elitist but NGG has always seemed like a place where people who take gaming too seriously, and just seem like the typical "parent's basement" gamers hang out and argue.

I've applied for mod status a few times. Being a long time member with maybe only one infraction, I figured I'd stand a chance. No go however. Now-a-days I really don't spend much time browsing the community. Usually I look at reviews, or the guides.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    TurboArkhan

Theres a community?

since when!
    Aetherbyte: PC-Engine and more homebrew