Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    PSN
    BalooDP
    Steam
    baloorj

Quote Originally Posted by darkslime View Post
    I used to do that but don't really collect anymore because I realized what a waste of time it is. Now I only buy games I want to play, and profit off of other collectors who will buy my games on ebay.
    Yeah, same here. I've decided to stop buying junk-y games I'll never play for cheap and buying an expensive game every once in a while that I really want to play.

As for selling/trading in games I've regretted? Truth be told, I don't think there's been a game I've ever TRULY regretted getting rid of. Sometimes I'll think "Oh I wish I still had X game" every once in a while (Shining in the Darkness is the most notable example), but then I think "Was I REALLY going to try and play through it?" or "Would this have gotten any playtime at all now that I've beaten it?" and it ends up being the case of No.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

I've refocused my collecting on things I'll play instead of just "woo, cheap."

Getting rid of crap and focusing on A titles now or games I really like.

NES I'm still half-assedly building a "complete" set but it isn't a HUGE priority for me. Right now I want to flog off most of the clutter and plug some of the holes in my library.
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My collection is pretty much only made up of games I owned when I was a kid.
    Check out my oldschool game reviews!
    Click Me!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Tony Lama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've never traded in my games, even if they sucked. I've always felt that once I bought a game, it should remain in my collection ... regarless of the quality. But there was one exception: MACE for the N64. I bought this game new. And for some reason, I felt it was too horrible to add to my library and returned it back to Electronics Boutique for credit. I have regretted it ever since as I am having a hard time re-locating the game. My search continues.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Lama View Post
    I've never traded in my games, even if they sucked. I've always felt that once I bought a game, it should remain in my collection ... regarless of the quality. But there was one exception: MACE for the N64. I bought this game new. And for some reason, I felt it was too horrible to add to my library and returned it back to Electronics Boutique for credit. I have regretted it ever since as I am having a hard time re-locating the game. My search continues.
    Am I missing something here? It sells on ebay for under $10.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Azathoth1488
    PSN
    Azathoth_IKA
    3DS Friend
    4313-0753-9074

Quote Originally Posted by HappehLemons View Post
    My collection is pretty much only made up of games I owned when I was a kid.
    There were several games I owned as a youngin' but ended up losing due to friends keeping them (or losing the case/manual), these were one of the first holes in my collection that I filled.

Even if I never end up actually playing the game its really nice to have it around for nostalgic value.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Az View Post
    There were several games I owned as a youngin' but ended up losing due to friends keeping them (or losing the case/manual), these were one of the first holes in my collection that I filled.

Even if I never end up actually playing the game its really nice to have it around for nostalgic value.
    I would hardly ever let anyone every borrow my games when I was a kid since I was one of the few out of my friends who owned consoles.

20 years later, I'm missing 5 of my games as of 4 months ago.
    Check out my oldschool game reviews!
    Click Me!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm seriously thinning out:

Atari Lynx complete collection.....sold
    Atari Jaguar cart collection.....sold
    Atari 7800 complete (minus TC).....sold
    Sega Game Gear collection .....sold
    3DO CDs.....sold
    Game Boy carts.....sold
    CDi CDs.....sold
    Neo Geo color.....sold
    + a few things more

Therefore I will concentrate on:

re-collecting VCS (120 games collected so far)
    PS1
    Megadrive

Insert Coin (Level 0) Red Baron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Luckily I've only run into this situation once..

Back around probably the late 90's or maybe even 2000, I finally got to try Final Fantasy 6 and Chrono Trigger through the wonders of emulation. As two titles I had already really wanted to own, now I simply had to have them.

So, since this was before the thought of buying things on the Internet really had taken hold in my area, I called around to every game store I could find in the phone book. (I lived near Wichita at the time, so there's a decent amount.) The Game X Change, in a stroke of luck I didn't think much on until years later when I realized how rare and pricey they were, happened to have both. I was a bit short on money, so I decided to offload some of the 'dead weight' from my NES and SNES collection.

I think the titles were.. Harlem Globetrotters Basketball, Blaster Master, Kirby's Adventure(I must have been really sleepy at the time because I MEANT to sell the Tiny Toons NES game instead of this), Super Mario World, Super Mario All-Stars, and.. Something else I think I've forgotten at the moment.

Anyway, I was extremely happy to have those two awesome RPGs I had been hankering for, and still love them, and certainly didn't regret picking them up.. (Idly, they came with plastic cases and instruction manuals that came from a B&W copy machine or printer or something.. Game X Change sadly doesn't do cool stuff like that anymore.) But man, did I regret offloading the games I did. It must have been a bit of temporary desperate insanity that lead to me doing so.

Anyway, I've managed to track down and re-buy most of them except for Globetrotters B-ball and Super Mario All-Stars(this one shows up in stores but it's usually rather expensive), so I'm just about back to where I was again.

Overall, I'll probably end up keeping my collection forever(even the crappy sports games that came with my X-Box), if just because I don't have storage problems and I've noticed in my life that pretty much everything I've ever sold, I've ended up legitimate regretting.

Pretzel (Level 4) LaughingMAN.S9's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    MILKnoCrackerz
    PSN
    ElPrivon

i must have rebought or traded for at least like 60 ps1 games and a handful of ps2 games in the last 4 years, i feel like a dick because when i was younger i had a respectable ps1 rpg collection and i ended up trading those complete black label copies of games that go for 100 dollars on ebay now for fucking bootlegs of shitty games or easy as hell to find games like driver or gta 1

lol dont even ask me how many copies of final fantasy 7 have passed thru my hands since junior high school
    "Kidnap the presidents wife without a plan..."