Lucky bastard.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Emperor Megas's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy415 View Post
    Looks great!
    I think the shelves look fantastic, considering you made them yourself!

If you don't mind my asking, where did you get your "Mario DS/Wiimote holder"??

I'd like to get one for my collection so any info is much appreciated!
    Thanks a lot!

I got the Mario DS holder from Toys 'R' Us last October (I believe it was October) on clearance, so I doubt they'll have anymore...but you never know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

no ATARI? fail!
    (saw a Jaguar in the first pic, now it's removed? big fail!)

besides that, awesome loft room with (almost) cool gaming set-up

Last edited by tom; 07-18-2010 at 02:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Awesome. After this, I feel ashamed for how cluttered and disorganized my game room has become. The tanto blade looks kick ass on the shelf, by the way. It really reinforces the whole Japanese spartan-zen look of a shrine that your room has going on. Very nice, man.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If I ever visited your house, here is how it'd go down:

1) Enter your gameroom
    2) Play games forever
    3) Never leave
    4) Probably die from dehydration and stink up your house (Sorry, I know that's kind of rude.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Ha, it's been a while, I almost forgot about this thread. Thanks guys.

I really enjoy seeing other people's game rooms. Neat or chaotic, massive and meager alike. It's sort of a little window into our personalities. Plus I'm just sort of nosey.

My game room changed a little since I made this thread. I think I'll take new pics this weekend. Maybe even get a little feedback on some of the new additions I'm planning this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Informationator View Post
    If I ever visited your house, here is how it'd go down:

1) Enter your gameroom
    2) Play games forever
    3) Never leave
    4) Probably die from dehydration and stink up your house (Sorry, I know that's kind of rude.)
    Don't worry, I'm a pretty good host so you'd have plenty to drink. The other half and I are teetotalers though, so it'd have to be nonalcoholic I'm afraid. We're vegetarians as well, so no Buffalo wings. Then again, I doubt most gamers allow greasy food around their controllers, so I suppose that's a non issue.

Oh, and don't sweat leaving your reeking corpse in the attic, it always smells good up there. I'm an aroma therapy fiend...or whatever you call the heterosexual equivalent.
    Last edited by Emperor Megas; 09-16-2011 at 11:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for sharing. I shared some of your pictures with my wife, so there is hope for having wires out of the way and still have a game room.

One question though, where do you keep your controllers?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Megas View Post
    Don't worry, I'm a pretty good host so you'd have plenty to drink. The other half and I are teetotalers though, so it'd have to be nonalcoholic I'm afraid. We're vegetarians as well, so no Buffalo wings. Then again, I doubt most gamers allow greasy food around their controllers, so I suppose that's a non issue.

Oh, and don't sweat leaving your reeking corpse in the attic, it always smells good up there. I'm an aroma therapy fiend...or whatever you call the heterosexual equivalent.
    No worries; I don't drink either and I hate buffalo wings. If you read my response in the other thread you'd see that I'm pretty serious about keeping my gear clean, so I'd wash my hands before I die playing your games.

I'll make sure to sign all necessary documentation clearing the storage of my corpse in your attic.

Man, we're going to have so much fun before I die!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidnotcrazy View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I shared some of your pictures with my wife, so there is hope for having wires out of the way and still have a game room.

One question though, where do you keep your controllers?
    That's actually one of the projects that I'm thinking about tackling this fall.

I keep the controllers I use the most in a one of those black SEGA Saturn cases, with the formed foam padded inside. You know, the ones that video stores like Blockbuster use to put their rental consoles in. The majority of my controllers are in storage bins in the next room though.

What I'm thinking about doing is adding compartments on the sides of some of my cabinets to hold controllers and cables and such.
    Last edited by Emperor Megas; 03-20-2013 at 12:39 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I used to have a pair of those "Genesis" speakers. They were some promotion if you bought 2 or 3 games. They were battery powered from what I remember, so I used them in my truck with my Sony Discman because I didn't have a stereo yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fluid_matrix View Post
    I used to have a pair of those "Genesis" speakers. They were some promotion if you bought 2 or 3 games. They were battery powered from what I remember, so I used them in my truck with my Sony Discman because I didn't have a stereo yet.
    Yeah, two D batteries each, or you could also use a DC 6v adapter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What I'm thinking about doing is adding compartments on the sides of some of my cabinets to hold controllers and cables and such.
    That is a great idea. I cannot do that myself right now, but I just wrap them up and place them on the console themselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XYXZYZ View Post
    You know, I think I like game rooms that are clean and tidy more than I like rooms loaded down with collection junk. Great room, but like all game rooms that don't have arcade machines, that one needs an arcade machine. You'll probably have to go with a candy cab.
    I'm not really into dedicated arcade cabinets, but I would like to get a bar top style MAME cabinet one day.

Just FYI, the "candy cab" he's probably talking about is the common term (although technically incorrect) for a japanese arcade machine. Where probably 95% of them, and most of the collections you see on the web in the hands of westerners are universal cabinets ie not for any specific game. Since your game room seems to be designed with a modern, clean look it would pair nicely with the style of a "candy cab".... at least that's the impression I get from XYXZYZ's post.

Nice game room btw.

Last edited by StealthLurker; 09-18-2011 at 11:50 AM.
    __________________________________________________ ___

[ Severely Outdated Game Collection Pics ]
    [ My Multi-screen MADNESS!! ]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StealthLurker View Post
    Just FYI, the "candy cab" he's probably talking about is the common term (although technically incorrect) for a japanese arcade machine. Where probably 95% of them, and most of the collections you see on the web in the hands of westerners are universal cabinets ie not for any specific game. Since your game room seems to be designed with a modern, clean look it would pair nicely with the style of a "candy cab".... at least that's the impression I get from XYXZYZ's post.

Nice game room btw.

I see, thanks. The biggest problem though is that I can't get anything large and heavy up into my game room. The stairwell is a pretty brutal bottle neck that's wicked steep, and with an awkard, hard 45 degree angle at the bottom (and a low overhead). Things that are too tall or too long can't make it up. I had to built my shelves and cabinets out in the garage, then take them all apart and reassemble them again in the room (not fun). I've brought things through the window before with a ladder, but the window (through removable) isn't very wide either.

In any event, I could only go with something really small.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I see, thanks. The biggest problem though is that I can't get anything large and heavy up into my game room. The stairwell is a pretty brutal bottle neck that's wicked steep, and with an awkard, hard 45 degree angle at the bottom (and a low overhead). Things that are too tall or too long can't make it up. I had to built my shelves and cabinets out in the garage, then take them all apart and reassemble them again in the room (not fun). I've brought things through the window before with a ladder, but the window (through removable) isn't very wide either.

In any event, I could only go with something really small.
    I hear ya on carrying up a regular sized cab up stairs. When people say "it was no big deal", I think bullshit haha. Even if the stairs are just a straight shoot with no twists, turns and other complications. I think your room is fine regardless. In my opinion a good game room doesn't need a cab to be "complete".

However, just as another FYI.... other than bartop cabs. There's also another size up from bartops in the candy cab world. The main types that people gravitate to are the Capcom Minicute cabs and the Neo 19 (neogeo). They're roughly 4 ft tall and designed for small children. The monitor sizes are roughly 19" inches.

Here are some google images:

Neo 19

Capcom minicute

I've actually got both of them myself along with other standard sized cabs, bartops etc. Pics are in my sig. It's actually kinda funny too because I see modified pictures of my actual cabs on informational japanese centric arcade cabinet sites, some in different languages. Then they slap their own watermark on my pics. lol

__________________________________________________ ___

[ Severely Outdated Game Collection Pics ]
    [ My Multi-screen MADNESS!! ]

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Nice room. A little too spartan for my tastes, but I do prefer rooms that display some level of minimalism over the complete clusterfucks. The degree to which you cover up wires and such is a tad obsessive, but I commend your creation of custom shelving. You could've said that you bought the units, and I would've believed you.

And even though I realize it's impractical, I actually really love the shape of the room. Makes me nostalgic for my childhood bedroom which also had a weird shape with sloped walls. And the house behind my Dad's, which he also owns, has two tiny rooms upstairs that look so much like those in your photo. I used to spend a lot of time in those as a kid when we were renting to a family with two little girls. Now my brother and his family is living in that house. Anyway, it looks like your game room would be really bright and airy with the windows open.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

I plan on making a similar wooden cabinet for my game systems, but to minimize dust, it will have backing with holes cut in it for the wires, and a door in front of each compartment with hinge. I can label the door what system is behind it and close it up when not in use to disallow dust from entering.

Oh and the cabinet won't be the same one that the TV will be on, that way I can hold more systems.
    Last edited by Rickstilwell1; 09-18-2011 at 05:00 PM.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StealthLurker View Post
    There's also another size up from bartops in the candy cab world. The main types that people gravitate to are the Capcom Minicute cabs and the Neo 19 (neogeo). They're roughly 4 ft tall and designed for small children. The monitor sizes are roughly 19" inches.

Here are some google images:

Neo 19

Capcom minicute

I've actually got both of them myself along with other standard sized cabs, bartops etc. Pics are in my sig. It's actually kinda funny too because I see modified pictures of my actual cabs on informational japanese centric arcade cabinet sites, some in different languages. Then they slap their own watermark on my pics. lol
    Dude, that mini Neo Geo cab looks awesome! I'm a sucker for cutesy stuff (yeah, I'm the least macho guy you'd ever meet), and that thing looks amazing. Thanks for linking that for me, I'd never seen one before.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Nice room. A little too spartan for my tastes, but I do prefer rooms that display some level of minimalism over the complete clusterfucks. The degree to which you cover up wires and such is a tad obsessive, but I commend your creation of custom shelving. You could've said that you bought the units, and I would've believed you.
    Thanks, but I didn't think my wire hiding bordered on compulsion. It's no different from a commercial unit after all. You could only see exposed wires if it was an exposed, 'rack' type shelf. I do run the television wires behind the wall, but I sort of feel like it defeats the point if you have a mounted television and wires are hanging from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickstilwell1 View Post
    I plan on making a similar wooden cabinet for my game systems, but to minimize dust, it will have backing with holes cut in it for the wires, and a door in front of each compartment with hinge. I can label the door what system is behind it and close it up when not in use to disallow dust from entering.

Oh and the cabinet won't be the same one that the TV will be on, that way I can hold more systems.
    My original design was going to have glass doors on the front (either swinging or sliding, I never decided), and a recessed glass 'runner' set into the top of the unit. I was going to put arcade sales fliers and/or different (paper based) game memorabilia (manuals, inserts, etc.) under the runner.

I decided to go with the open, doorless design, because I was worried about too much heat in the cabinet, and because the local glass place is a pain to deal with. Plus this project was something of a 'beta'. I wasn't very experienced and I didn't want to push it.

Here's a rough (really rough) of the plans I drew up for the unit (I went with a three three partition design rather than two).

Here's the unit, bare, just for the heck of it:

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Kirbysuperstar2
    PSN
    Kirbysuperstar

My current gameroom's walls don't allow for much wall art, but I have a small collection of promotional posters. This life size KOS-MOS poster is one of my favorites (it's about 6'x 2½'). I had to get a custom piece of Plexiglas for the frame because glass would have been too heavy for the type of frame I wanted.
    That's TEL-OS, not KOS-MOS. [/pedantic]

Really nice setup, though. Very inspiring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbysuperstar View Post
    That's TEL-OS, not KOS-MOS. [/pedantic]

Really nice setup, though. Very inspiring.
    Indeed! I would have fixed that a while ago, but I didn't realize that you could edit older posts.

And thanks!