Thread: finally Monopoly with online play

Insert Coin (Level 0) lookfun78's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default finally Monopoly with online play

On gamestop website monoploy street will have online play and for xbox users you can use your avatar with the online play. It goes one to say you can be matched with opponents of equal skill. This game will celebrate it's 75 anniversary. All I have to say is it's about time because it get's boring playing the same people all the time. Check out more on gamestops website to see new modes of play never seen in any monopoly version game or board. Oh no date of release yet

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Matched by skill? It's a dice game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    Matched by skill? It's a dice game.
    Monopoly isn't Chaturaji(an early form of chess played with dice) by any means but there are still stradigies involved. Not to mention all the wheeling and dealing on the side. Do the online versions let you do that? Because that's what makes the game more fun.

I'd be more concered with your online competetors getting bored playing for hours on end and just up and leaving. With actual board games there is a strong social aspect involved.
    "Game programmers are generally lazy individuals. That's right. It's true. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Since the dawn of computer games, game programmers have looked for shortcuts to coolness." Kurt Arnlund - Game programmer for Activision, Accolade...

Insert Coin (Level 0) lookfun78's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Everything I talk about is about the online play only.

ServBot (Level 11) TonyTheTiger's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by jb143 View Post
    Monopoly isn't Chaturaji(an early form of chess played with dice) by any means but there are still stradigies involved. Not to mention all the wheeling and dealing on the side. Do the online versions let you do that? Because that's what makes the game more fun.

I'd be more concered with your online competetors getting bored playing for hours on end and just up and leaving. With actual board games there is a strong social aspect involved.
    The strategy is mostly about resource management but given the nature of the game it's usually always a better idea to buy what you land on if you can afford it than pass it by. The real resource management is whether or not to cough up the $200 per house/hotel on the green and blue properties.

But, yeah, the length of the game is definitely an issue, especially if players are adamant about not giving in to deals. I happen to be one of them. It usually leads to lots of uneventful trips around the board. And when it gets to the point where all the property is bought up and nobody has a complete set it more or less has to end in a stalemate.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Monopoly online isn't as good as it is in person. It's not the same as trying to deal with a person just by posting (this for this.) Sometimes you have to try and talk them into it.

If you ask me though. The orange properties are by far the best if you have them alone. Fairly cheap to buy houses on and give you a very good profit in return. The light blue and purple are nice as well as you can put hotels on those for next to nothing. The yellow properties are worth owning more than the green properties, but if you happen to own all yellow and green, you're going to get people just about every turn. The red are in my opinion the worst as you pay more for the houses and hotels and you get the same returns as the orange.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 05-17-2010 at 04:13 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.