Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DuckTales better than Mega Man?

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I like Duck Tales for the NES, though I actually like the Gameboy version more. I'm not really that into the Mega Man games, but they are fun to play every now and then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Capcom was great at platform games on the NES. Ducktales. Chip & Dale. Little Nemo.

Ducktales was an awesome game. I rented and completed it many times. As someone else said, it is a better game than any Mega Man other than 2 and 3. I don't know why it went downhill after 3, but it did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nintega Grafx-16 View Post
    Sitting in his house? So according to his logic, our opinions about a certain video game changes when we sit and play them in a stranger's house. Totally not getting what he is saying. I am sure the rest of you are scratching your heads too. I am in no mood for puzzles.
    You should read it this way: Internet opinionating, SERIOUS important life-changing BUSINESS.

At least George F. Will makes money doing it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zing View Post
    As someone else said, it is a better game than any Mega Man other than 2 and 3. I don't know why it went downhill after 3, but it did.
    They ran out of boss names... Dare I say the name... Toad man. WHY CAPCOM WHY?

Strawberry (Level 2) allyourblood's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryborg View Post
    MM1 gets shit on because it's "hard" and isn't as smooth as MM2 or 3. I'll still go to my grave insisting that it's one of the best overall NES games and second best in the MM series (MM2).
    Agreed. For me, Mega Man 1 is my absolute favorite from the series, but that's probably because it was the first one I ever owned and played. I bought this near its release because I thought the pictures of the bosses on the back looked cool.

Took me forever to beat it, but once I did, I could play through the game blindfolded. Nowadays, not so much. I can still beat it, but not like I could when I was eight. (How does this happen?)

Anyway, I like Ducktales a whole lot, but I can't say I like it better than the original Mega Man. They're pretty close though. In all honesty, I think the experiences are just too different to say one is better than the other. They're two different, but great games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't know if Ducktales 1&2 are better than some of the Mega Man games, but they're two of the best NES games ever released in my opinion. The first Ducktales was the first game I ever owned in the late 80's, and I still occasionally pop it in and have a blast.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I think Duck Tales is better than Mega Man 4, 5, and 6 only. If we're including the rest of them as well, atleast the ones I've played, I'll also say that it's a better game than Mega Man 7 and 8.

I like Mega Man 1, 2, and 3 better than Duck Tales.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 05-19-2010 at 11:04 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The question of better/worse left aside for the moment, I think with Mega Man Capcom was primarily interested in providing a refined experience. Precise timing, tight control, great music, etc. DuckTales on the other hand was a fairly strange game.

The whole pogo-sticking combat mechanic in Duck Tales was and still is unusual and in my opinion pretty cool. On top of that, Duck Tales encouraged exploration and time-taking to a degree which only Kid Icarus and Metroid could readily compare at the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am sorry. The majority of the gamer community including myself will not hesitate to laugh and disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC-ENGINE HELL View Post
    Whats most important anyway though is how you yourself feels about the games. Any of us here telling you we agree or disagree doesn't really matter because were not the ones sitting in your house playing the stuff. You def have good taste either way, DuckTails is a Nes classic. Part of the reason it earned 13th best place on Nintendo Powers Nes list. Since this is a DuckTails related thread, might as well include this link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmpAx8Z5z40
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Oscuro View Post
    Sitting in his house? So according to his logic, our opinions about a certain video game changes when we sit and play them in a stranger's house. Totally not getting what he is saying. I am sure the rest of you are scratching your heads too. I am in no mood for puzzles.
    You should read it this way: Internet opinionating, SERIOUS important life-changing BUSINESS.
    My point was that what our opinions are on here should not really be important. They have no bearing on what happens in the guys living room when he sits down to play a game, since its him playing, not us, or rather, not you Dave. The only thing that matters is what he thinks of it himself/how much he enjoys said game, regardless of what the self appointed mouthpiece of the majority of the "hard core" gamer community thinks.

Since the internet gaming majority's opinions do seem to be of such key importance to Dave that it ultimately defines his life, I wonder what its like seeing that there are quite a few that actually share the op's feelings about the game. That, and well, last I checked, the majority thought Dave was on crack for being the leading champion of the cause for China Warriors superior gameplay, audio, and graphics. How did that work out for you Dave? Did you decide to ditch China Warrior due to the majority's opinion of it, or are you still playing it daily? Were you fine with it when everyone, the majority, shat on your opinion of it? Just wondering, well, not really..... I lied.
    Last edited by PC-ENGINE HELL; 05-20-2010 at 01:10 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yep...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

As a kid I liked it alot better. Now, I still like it better than some of the Mega Man games but not parts 1 or 2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I never really played Ducktales like that, but I've played all of the Mega Mans religiously. I might have to try to beat Ducktales one day now.

But they are both made by Capcom so I'd expect them to have similiar gameplay. Ducktales also has the huge nostalgia associated with the cartoon, some people might have some bias in their opinions.
    WTB Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut Manual Only... PM ME!!

Apple (Level 5) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I personally like the Mega Man games more than Duck Tales. I had Mega Mans 2,3, 5,6 growing up and I also had both DuckTales games. Also I prefer 5 and 6 to 2 and 3, also I picked up 1 and 4 like a year ago but I just don't like them as much go figure. But don't take what I say seriously lol, cause I am like a Mega Man Fanboy. Mega Man is my favorite series ever and all its sub series.
    What's up with islands? Get more land.
    What's up with deserts? Get less sand.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i can honestly say that i hate duck tales, never played the second, but the first game i could never get into, never made any sense to me.

mega man on the other hand, straightforward awesomeness. granted, i didn't much care for 5 or 6, but i loved the first 4.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

gasp...

I like them both pretty much the same, differnt gameplay same genre both pretty fucking awesome. ducktales 2 not soo much, but still perfectly playable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember when I first opened up Ducktales for Xmas 1989, I think it was...I was so pissed! I really wanted some WWF wrestling game at the time, but after popping in Ducktales for 5 minutes, I was hooked. It still stands as one of the greatest NES ever. What's even more amazing, is the fact that 99% of games that are based on TV shows/movies have been complete shit, and Ducktales was the further thing from that. Probably cuz Capcom made it.

Banana (Level 7) SamuraiSmurfette's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My friend wants to sell me Ducktales with Manual for $9. Good deal? I know it's cheap, but damn, I'm picky about what games I collect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

samuraismurfette = furry >_> ?
    U GAIZ JUST DONT LIKE CHANGE , (builds a artificial foundation here)

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Who remembers the DOS version of DuckTales?

Oh boy, so many good times.

It came for free with my old 286, so I had to always guess the 'password' that let you play for real. Early copy protection, mmm?
    "If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made."