Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do it live!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nintega Grafx-16 View Post
    Well your gaming nerd "friends" aren't like most people then if that is the case. Most casual NES fans only know of Mario, Zelda, Castlevania, Mega Man, Final Fantasy, etc. Crystalis has always been a cult game.
    Typical generalization. Kind of funny as many of my friends that were gamers bitd (and even today) are *gasp* female. Many of them still like Crystalis. Yet we know according to you gaming is "chick repellent."

BTW Final Fantasy was mostly on the same status as "cult" games until rpg'd blew up in the US

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentLeever View Post
    Do it live!
    He'd like to but that would involve a ban. He now prefers to slander in private
    Last edited by nectarsis; 05-21-2010 at 04:17 PM.
    My gaming blog retro/new...mainly TG/PCE based
    http://turbomasters.blogspot.com/

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nectarsis View Post
    Typical generalization. Kind of funny as many of my friends that were gamers bitd (and even today) are *gasp* female. Many of them still like Crystalis."
    And I live in an Egyptian pyramid. Why are you wasting your time writing stories on Digital Press nec? Write a book. You are an excellent storyteller! Damn it you could be the next Leo Tolstoy!

Now back on topic. Who else here loves the mighty Crystalis?
    Last edited by Nintega Grafx-16; 05-21-2010 at 04:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

And I live in an Egyptian pyramid. Why are you wasting your time writing stories on Digital Press nec? Write a book. You are an excellent storyteller! Damn it you could be the next Leo Tolstoy!

Now back on topic. Who else here loves the mighty Crystalis?
    Try english/posts that actually make sense.
    My gaming blog retro/new...mainly TG/PCE based
    http://turbomasters.blogspot.com/

Strawberry (Level 2) tomaitheous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nintega, just chill out. I would have figured you'd learned from that crap you got into over at PCFX. And I see you've started stuff with Mike in the other thread (which is *all* you). Just give it a rest already, before it gets out of hand (again). It's a new forum/place/start/etc. Learn to enjoy it without hate'n and leave the drama in the past.

As to your post, *all* of my friends (and friends of friends) BITD knew about Crystalis, even the gamers I made friends with after the 8bit era. It wasn't as popular as Zelda to the average smoe, but any gamer that came from the 8bit generation (specifically NES) know about or played this game. I personally liked this game over Zelda I and II. The music as great in this game too (one of the reasons why I go back to this game more than most NES games).
    Last edited by tomaitheous; 05-21-2010 at 05:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SkaarDragoon

I loved the NES original, and the GBC remake made me sad.... I only wish I could remember why.

This one always gets fired up almost immediately on anything that plays NES roms as one of the "test" games
    <Sothy> its the internet <Sothy> who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Daltone View Post
    This is a classic gaming site and the most active thread is a load of people wanking off to my little pony.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I never played the game, but I knew someone who said it was pretty much his favourite game and was worth tracking down. He was a bit into video games but he didn't collect them, he just liked playing them. If I manage to come across a copy I'll make sure to play it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tomaitheous View Post
    Nintega, just chill out. I would have figured you'd learned from that crap you got into over at PCFX. And I see you've started stuff with Mike in the other thread (which is *all* you). Just give it a rest already, before it gets out of hand (again). It's a new forum/place/start/etc. Learn to enjoy it without hate'n and leave the drama in the past.

As to your post, *all* of my friends (and friends of friends) BITD knew about Crystalis, even the gamers I made friends with after the 8bit era. It wasn't as popular as Zelda to the average smoe, but any gamer that came from the 8bit generation (specifically NES) know about or played this game. I personally liked this game over Zelda I and II. The music as great in this game too (one of the reasons why I go back to this game more than most NES games).
    You know, the thing is, hes been sitting on ignore on here, and wasn't even on my radar until he was vandalizing Nectarsis feedback thread, before moving on to mine. All I keep hearing about him too is he keeps replying to post I make, which has got to be true. I keep seeing people quote him, and they will be replies to things I've said, trying to stir up a fight. This makes no sense considering I was told he said he had put me on ignore, after I had added him to it.
    Since my long time fellow PC-ENGINE HELL has been on my ignore list for quite some time
    Dave, honestly, most of the shit you say to me I dont see, unless its pm'ed to me by a friend, or quoted on here. I honestly dont care, you really should drop it if you want to stay here. I'm not going to go out of my way to read things you post, or reply to you every time you quote me and go on a rant.
    While you may have been joking when you said it, I actually meant it.

Unless you plan to keep vandalizing peoples feedback threads, honestly there's not a whole lot you can say or do that will garner much interest from me.

In regards to Crystalis, irl all my friends when I was a teen had known what the game was and enjoyed it. The game would often be checked out at the video stores on weekends after it came out, and I was never able to get anyone to sell me their copy until well after its release. I always thought the game was really well done, but I also considered most of the games on Nes that SNK did as being solid, well within the 7/10 to 9/10 range if I had to rate them. I actually need to pick the game up again, which I will do eventually when I do another small batch order of Nes games.

Reticulating Splines BetaWolf47's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skaar View Post
    I loved the NES original, and the GBC remake made me sad.... I only wish I could remember why.
    I remember trying out the GBC version once. Within 5 minutes, I was trapped behind an NPC, with no way out other than restarting the game. Not to mention what has been said above. The GBC version is just an all-around disappointment compared to the NES version.
    Selling gaming accessories. Click

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I remember renting Crystalis when I was a kid, didn't get very far. I can't remember if that was before or after I played Final Fantasy... The opening always stuck with me as something unique, as I hadn't seen very many NES games that had elaborate opening titles.

I remember that Crystalis was one of the first used games I ever bought on Amazon, and it was really dirty when I got it. Not as dirty as the Dragon Warrior 2 that may have been literally plugged into some potting soil, but it took a while to clean.

I still need to finish it... I got maybe halfway through the GBC port, and 2/3 into the original. I think I quit at the snowy mountain, which was where the dungeons started getting really long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    TurboArkhan

Quote Originally Posted by BetaWolf47 View Post
    It's less overlooked than many other great NES games. The Magic of Scheherazade is also of a similar style, and arguably better than Crystalis, but less people know about it than Crystalis!
    what the hell man, I just said "noone ever talks about Magic of Scheherazade" in the thread about star tropics, .

creeeeeeeeeeepy.

Crystalis is one of my top favorite NES games. I like the fantasy/sci fi setting alot, and the artwork is awesome. The hero sprite is really nicely done.

the music is awesome too. SNK rarely disappoints.
    Aetherbyte: PC-Engine and more homebrew

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I spent some time with my cousin's copy of Crystalis when I was a kid... unfortunately, I must admit that I never beat it. Now that I have a copy in my collection, that will change.
    Last edited by DigitalSpace; 05-25-2010 at 03:19 AM.

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Ryu Hayabusa (Level 16) rbudrick's Avatar
    Buying the rare ones, moments before you get there.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Crystalis holds a special place in my heart. The music and setting are so surreal, for an NES game...kind of like a dream whenever I think back on it. The music is what really pushes it there, though. It's amazing the series never had anything else done with it. I find it hard to believe a company that never does RPGs, SNK, hit it out of the park with this one and never did another RPG of note. I mean, did they do any more RPGs at all, or just NeoGeo fighting and MetalSlug games?

-Rob
    The moral is, don't **** with Uncle Tim when he's been drinking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Crystalis is one of my favorite rpgs, simply because it feels so classic and simple. There's not a *whole lot* of menus, and I especially appreciate rpgs that allow you to dodge hits yourself, instead of having to take it in the ass just because it's the enemie's turn.

By the way, if anyone is a huge Crystalis fan, might they know anything about this?:

I've never been able to find much.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bugbear View Post
    Crystalis is one of my favorite rpgs, simply because it feels so classic and simple. There's not a *whole lot* of menus, and I especially appreciate rpgs that allow you to dodge hits yourself, instead of having to take it in the ass just because it's the enemie's turn.

By the way, if anyone is a huge Crystalis fan, might they know anything about this?:

I've never been able to find much.
    The figure looks like a character out of a Kirby game or something...