Thread: Ghouls 'N Ghosts - Genesis vs. Super Grafx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    TurboArkhan

30$ aint expensive.

Also, I think the VS comparison of this is sort of moot.

Alot of it comes down to preference.

I prefer the SGFX music because I like that style more than FM.

I don't care if the Genesis one is closer to the arcade music.

both versions of the game are perfectly nice.
    Aetherbyte: PC-Engine and more homebrew

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

[
    Quote Originally Posted by PC-ENGINE HELL View Post
    The prices are enough to break the bank on some peoples wallets. Given that, it is probably a good thing, as it helps separate the average game player from the more seriously dedicated one who intends to collect and play both.
    I smell an elitest. You know the kinds of douches who think they are holier than thou just because they have something that most people don't have?

Now for the pricing controversy....

Quote Originally Posted by nectarsis View Post
    I guess $30-50 complete is BIG $ for the game to.
    O RLY?

Daimakaimura on ebay, $100

As far as prices go, my Supergrafx ran me around $110. Dai Makaimura ran me about $35 maybe for a complete copy.
    Super Grafx on ebay, $200

$110 and $30-50 my ass. Stop lying to people about the prices of games and consoles. BOTH OF YOU. That is a form of trolling you know.
    Last edited by Nintega Grafx-16; 05-22-2010 at 02:19 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2) tomaitheous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Uhm...
    New, sealed, never opened, flawless condition
    What do you expect for that kind of condition? Sorry, you Fail.

$110 and $30-50 my ass. Stop lying to people about the prices of games and consoles. BOTH OF YOU. That is a form of trolling you know.
    How is that trolling? And maybe you fail at shopping around. I recently bought a loose copy of GnG from Bookmans for $5 a few months back. I went online to look at current prices and GnG was indeed going for $30-50 *complete*. I see you also failed to answer my question as to why the SGX listed as only having 5 games is relevant to comparing two games. Can't form an answer for that or what?
    Last edited by tomaitheous; 05-22-2010 at 02:18 PM.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tomaitheous View Post
    I see you also failed to answer my question as to why the SGX listed as only having 5 games is relevant to comparing two games. Can't form an answer for that or what?
    Because the Super Grafx is a huge rip off. Anyone could get a PCE Duo-R/RX for the same price the system currently goes for.

Strawberry (Level 2) tomaitheous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Nintega Grafx-16 View Post
    Because the Super Grafx is a huge rip off.
    Again,... (sigh) I said what does the SGX *only* having 5 games *have* to do with a comparison between two game ports? Please give a valid reason. You're comparing games, not systems.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDean View Post
    (unless you can afford to blow 20k on a gold NWC...)
    I can afford to blow 20k on a game. Then I would have no more money. :P
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tomaitheous View Post
    Again,... (sigh) I said what does the SGX *only* having 5 games *have* to do with a comparison between two game ports? Please give a valid reason. You're comparing games, not systems.
    That comment was just for the many people on this forum who have never heard of the SGX. I had to let people know how many games it has or else these poor people, who would actually be brave enough to go out of their way to buy a SGX, will be getting a strong case of buyer's remorse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    garou5016

I had to let people know how many games it has or else these poor people, who would actually be brave enough to go out of their way to buy a SGX, will be getting a strong case of buyer's remorse.
    That's for looking out. I was about to ride my horse across the country to see one of these SGX systems I found on Craig's list. I think I'll stick with the Genesis version.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Now this really has become a interesting thread. Dave, congrats, its worthy of un-ignoring a couple post of yours.
    The prices are enough to break the bank on some peoples wallets. Given that, it is probably a good thing, as it helps separate the average game player from the more seriously dedicated one who intends to collect and play both.
    I smell an elitest. You know the kinds of douches who think they are holier than thou just because they have something that most people don't have?
    If you really think that high of me, thanks. In reality though, all I said was its better that things like that occur so the rarer systems wont go to waste on people who don't really want them, so they can avoid abuse, and possibly avoid being stuck in a endless cycle of being bought and traded back in at soem random game store. But you read into it what you will sport. You know though, I really got to say, I'd think the "The true PC Engine guru/demon lord" would have a working Duo, briefcase unit, Supergrafx/ Super CD-Rom 2 system, and at least a decent sized library of games. Is everything about you a total bust?

Now for the pricing controversy....
    Right now, not as many have been up for normal auction, so I cant really get a nice set list of ended auction prices on Supergrafx related stuff. But anyway:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/PC-Engine-Super-...item439f3f0239
    end price? $99.00
    http://cgi.ebay.com/PC-Engine-Super-...item4ceed14a34
    end price? $250.00
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Daimakaimura-Sup...item3eff706866
    end price? $49.99
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Aldynes-BRAND-NE...item3ef9d84b13
    end price? $103.20
    http://cgi.ebay.com/MADO-KING-GRANZO...item45f0afbd52
    end price? $49.99
    http://cgi.ebay.com/IMPORT-PC-Engine...item35a8aed9a8
    end price? $149.99
    http://cgi.ebay.com/PC-Engine-SUPER-...item45f2eeec7c
    end price? $175.00 In regards to this seller, Hit-Japan, he has a nice policy when buying systems.
    "We will not charge extra shipping fee for up to 20 CD games." I have done this with them before a couple of times on system orders. I am not going to even begin to tell you how much you will save on shipping due to this. Just to state, its a very awesome policy.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Battle-Ace-PC-En...item3a5a471963
    end price? $24.99

Obviously ebay is not the only source to buy Supergrafx related stuff either. But you burned about all your bridges long ago Dave in regards to getting leads to other sources for cheaper prices. And, you have done this thread before basically. This really has very little to do with a Ghouls n Ghost compare, and more to do with you just bitching about prices you cant afford. You offered no visual or audio proof, or videos to back up your argument on the compare. You dont even own the Supergrafx system or game, so you cant even comment on its control on there. Same with the visuals and audio, not really fair to judge with just a emu as your only source. You really have no leg to stand on when making your argument on the Genesis versions behalf, and really, no business doing it either.

I believe you used to call this thread type the "Why is Y's 3 on Turbo Cd so expensive" thread. Something like the price of the system, and really even the game, should not be used to compare the actual quality of the given ports. You didn't really start this thread for any other reason then to troll, bitch, and remind the world how poor you are, like its any of our business. We really don't want to know, nor do we care what your financial status is in regards to affording rare game items.

You like to go around passing yourself off as a hard core game collector and player, but it seems this rep you are trying to maintain both on forums and youtube well exceeds your will and wallets actual ability in most cases. And due to that, you knock a lot of people who actually do have the ability to walk the walk, I guess out of jealousy. Also, and I mean, we already know that your photobucket account name is FlamingDave, and that you had dressed in drag prior, so you dont have to keep reminding us of your sexuality preferences on this mostly male populated forum. Honestly man, its not necessary.

Its cool and all that you swing that way, bi, gay, gay for pay, whatever. Got no problem with that. Its simply not our business is all, and we wish you wouldn't go around advertising it so heavily.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I choose Genesis over the other versions since it's easy enough for me to get pretty far into the game.
    Currently catching up on PSN, WiiWare, Wii U E-Shop and Xbox Live Arcade exclusives I missed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PC Engine Hell and Nintega Grafx-16. You guys really hate eachother, don't you. I'm a little more on the side of PCEH because Nintega spammed up the feedback forum a few weeks ago, but damn, it sure is fun to watch you two argue.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its cool and all that I swing that way, bi, gay, gay for pay, whatever.
    Fixed for true to life accuracy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PC Engine Hell and Nintega Grafx-16. You guys really hate eachother, don't you. I'm a little more on the side of PCEH because Nintega spammed up the feedback forum a few weeks ago, but damn, it sure is fun to watch you two argue.
    Nah, I just made a little commentary on a couple of obvious things not mentioned yet on this thread that I noticed when quoting him. Some of it has about as much to do with comparing the two games as the prices of systems and games do. But since the OP already derailed his own thread in his first post, why not? Its all moot really. I don't really care if he replies back. He may take offense to it, idk. Not a big deal either way. Its just the internet after all.

If it was a argument, well, that would mean he had to have posted those things he said to me, aimed at me, about me, as a means to start one. That would be trolling wouldn't it? Then he'd jump back on here foaming at the mouth barring fangs and spouting alot of vile statements in hopes of getting a reply, so he could repeat said action. Aww hell, we all know Dave, he would never do that. It would be totally out of character for him. He knows I'm only kidding anyway.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not a big deal either way. Its just the internet after all.
    Spoken like a true bridge dweller.

Anyway........

Bottom line.

Genesis version. Yay.

SGX version. Gay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You'd have thought Nintega would have learned from his mistakes at PCEFX. But no, he just keeps being the same ignorant troll, signing up for forums out the wazoo, and spamming them like a fucking retarded kid. I didn't want to kindle the fire by arguing with him, but why not? I'd like to see his cross-dressing ass banned. Nintega, just go the fuck away. There is help out there for people like you.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You'd have thought Nintega would have learned from his mistakes at PCEFX. But no, he just keeps being the same ignorant troll, signing up for forums out the wazoo, and spamming them like a fucking retarded kid. I didn't want to kindle the fire by arguing with him, but why not? I'd like to see his cross-dressing ass banned. Nintega, just go the fuck away. There is help out there for people like you.
    Wait. How do you know I was on PCEFX? *ponders*

I smell an alt account!
    Last edited by Nintega Grafx-16; 05-22-2010 at 04:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its a well known fact, asshole. When you create multiple accounts and spam the hell out of a well-known gaming forum, people hear about it. Oh, and I also saw your Youtube video rallying people against PCEFX. Have them run a fucking IP address check too, if you want.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its a well known fact, asshole. When you create multiple accounts and spam the hell out of a well-known gaming forum, people hear about it. Oh, and I also saw your Youtube video rallying people against PCEFX. Have them run a fucking IP address check too, if you want.
    Blah, blah, blah, wimper, wimper, cry, cry. Back to the ignore list you go.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Blah, blah, blah, wimper, wimper, cry, cry. Back to the ignore list you go.
    Oh, I'm so fucking scared! NOOOOO! NOT THE IGNORE LIST! GAHHHHH!

Pac-Man (Level 10) mobiusclimber's Avatar
    Up In Your Bitch Is Where You Might Find Me
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Funny that you guys haven't learned not to feed the troll yet. But I suppose for some people it's amusing to get into these e-dramas and "milk the lolcow" as it were. Other people are on this forum to have civil and intelligent discussions about video games. I really had to wonder why either of his topics had even a single post in them since they were such obvious attempts to troll. Ignore him and he'll get tired and go away. But the funny thing is, for all the "drama" he creates on every message board he goes to, there's always the same set of people happily giving him something to have drama over.

In short, this message board has nothing to do with cross dressing, sexual preference, proverty, or building up your e-penis. The fact that mods haven't bothered to step in and tell EVERYONE INVOLVED to knock it the fuck off would be worrisome if this wasn't the middle of a Saturday. I guess none of us have as much lives as they do. But seems having a bigger e-penis is more important than having a life, eh?
    My DP Feedback Thread: Here!
    I Post On The Blog At RisingStuff.com