Thread: homebrew and similar created stuff

Strawberry (Level 2) tomaitheous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default homebrew and similar created stuff

Is there a specific place that one can post stuff like this on these forums? It's not specifically game related, but it is classic console related. Stuff like new music for old systems, tech demos, homebrew, utils, hacking related info/discoveries, etc. Maybe a second sub-forum to classic gaming? What do you guys think? Anyone here into such activities?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

You can make topics on just about anything as long as you search first.

Not sure about hacking/homebrew things. I remember Flack closing down an emulation thread a few years ago (it was an old topic anyway), but I still see the occasional post or topic on the subject (there is a topic on this board right now about the Dolphin emulator).

Strawberry (Level 2) tomaitheous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy Color View Post
    You can make topics on just about anything as long as you search first.
    Well, the point was that I didn't want to clutter this part of the forum with that kinda of stuff (doesn't really belong here, even though it is classic gaming related).

Not sure about hacking/homebrew things. I remember Flack closing down an emulation thread a few years ago (it was an old topic anyway), but I still see the occasional post or topic on the subject (there is a topic on this board right now about the Dolphin emulator).
    I'm not particular interested in talking about emulators or commercial roms, or how to play your downloaded rom and emulator X. I'm talking about creating new stuff for old systems. Music, games, utilities for homebrew, hacking old games (or more specifically info on a low level about games), etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    TurboArkhan

the stuff usually just gets posted here, and usually then is subsequently ignored or only looked at for a day or two before it fades into the archives, lol.
    Aetherbyte: PC-Engine and more homebrew

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have to say, while the DS and GBA homebrew scenes were vibrant (and are still not dead), I keep hoping for the release of the various SNES flashcarts to promote homebrew there. So far, I'm disappointed though. Some things (like blargg's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik audio demo and N-Warp Daisakusen) are neat, but strictly as tech demos. I keep hoping some decent games will be made eventually.

NES has some good homebrew though (D-pad Hero, Battle Kid), and the Genesis seems to have some looming as well (Pier Solar, if it ever gets released).