Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    How much are cells usually worth? There's someone selling a collection of these somewhat near me(well over an hour away by highway) but there's a lot of them so it's expensive.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-s...AdIdZ204648706
    It REALLY depends on what the subject matter is, the poses, the cartoon/movie its from, original vs. litho/sericel, backgrounds real/copy or none, not to mention condition, with/without the pencils and if it's framed or not. In my parents house we've got nothing but animation up on the walls. There are no family portraits etc. it's all animation or other related works. Most of our stuff is Disney/WB related, with some other stuff thrown in for good measure and even the cheap stuff has never been less than a few hundred. Lots of stuff used to sell for crazy money (i'm talking Disney/WB), but unless its an important scene, with good poses most of it has drastically fallen to the wayside.

There is little reason to buy so many cels, that are going to need framing/matting that you won't have the wall space for unless there are some serious keepers that you have a deep love for and don't mind the very slow process to try and sell off the duplicates.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapaStu View Post
    It REALLY depends on what the subject matter is, the poses, the cartoon/movie its from, original vs. litho/sericel, backgrounds real/copy or none, not to mention condition, with/without the pencils and if it's framed or not. In my parents house we've got nothing but animation up on the walls. There are no family portraits etc. it's all animation or other related works. Most of our stuff is Disney/WB related, with some other stuff thrown in for good measure and even the cheap stuff has never been less than a few hundred. Lots of stuff used to sell for crazy money (i'm talking Disney/WB), but unless its an important scene, with good poses most of it has drastically fallen to the wayside.

There is little reason to buy so many cels, that are going to need framing/matting that you won't have the wall space for unless there are some serious keepers that you have a deep love for and don't mind the very slow process to try and sell off the duplicates.
    I was slightly interested in the Card Captor Sakura cells but I don't think I'll buy the lot just to get those. It would probably be too much of a pain to sell off the extras separately, I don't know much about cells as I've never bought or sold any before. If each cell were worth hundreds then I'd take the time to split them up, but it doesn't sound like that's the case.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Today's finds:

Keystone Kapers - $1.99 (if you're going to overpay for a common 2600 game, make sure it's one of the better ones)
    Wayne's World book - 75 cents
    Two Nintendo promo freebies: a Dragon Quest IX booklet and a DS summer catalog

EDIT: Here's a better photo of Keystone Kapers:

Last edited by DigitalSpace; 06-30-2010 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Wayne's World! Party time! Excellent!

Collection List | Twitter
    Check out the new N64 Rumble Pak. See how it feels to feel what you see.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So last night I came in a few minutes before my shift at goodwill to see if they had anything, and the game Nemesis for gameboy was sitting in the showcase...sealed, for $4. They wouldn't let me buy it because it wasn't out for a half hour and thats the policy. So I came in at 9:30 this morning and it was gone...but I found other stuff, so it was ok.

pee-wee's playhouse Vol. 1 & 2 (VHS): $4 each (8-tape box set each)
    Zelda:Oracle of ages $1 (lost my copy long ago)
    SNES w/super scope, 2 controllers, super scope 6 and yoshi safari: $25
    Top-loading NES w/ 2 dog bone controllers, super mario 3: $40

after my employee discount it came out to $56...not that bad.

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've had so few finds during past few months, that I decided to wait until I had a decent amount of stuff before I posted them on here. Anyway, on with list:

Loco Roco 2 for $9.99 (New)

Tinhead for $5.00 (Used, CIB) - I had never heard of this Genesis game before, so I wanted to give it a try. It reminds a bit of the Vectorman games.

Sega Genesis Game Genie for $7.00 (Used, Loose) - I've been using this to beat some of my more difficult games. (I'm looking at you, High Seas Havoc!)

SNES Game Genie for $15.00 (Used, Loose) - I bought this so I could use it as a passthrough converter for my copy of Seiken Densetsu 3. But unfortunately it didn't work like I'd hoped.

I also picked up a couple of decent DVDs:

Disney's The Adventures of the Gummi Bears Vol. 1 for $12.99 (Used) I loved this series as a kid, so I just had to get it.

Pom Poko for $5.99 (Used) - This is one of the few Studio Ghibli films I hadn't seen yet.

Sailor Moon S Complete TV Series Boxset for $19.99 (Used) - This SM set and other one listed below were an lucky find at a local pawn shop. Both sets are missing their outer boxes, and the discs show a little wear and tear. However, they have been out of print for five years now, so they're still quite a steal. And yes, they are the official Region 1 sets from Geneon/Pioneer.

Sailor Moon Super S Complete TV Series Boxset for $19.99 (Used)

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Not much today...

Office Home Student 2003 was $2, DDR 2nd ReMix Append Club Version Vol. 1 and beatmania append Gottamix were $2 each. Bust-A-Groove was $4, the disc seems to have smudges but should work fine.

Blood II: The Chosen, sealed - $3. Box is a little scuffed near the bottom but it's still sealed.
    Ultima Underworld + Wing Commander II set - brand new - $5. I overpaid, but the last time I got one of these... I sold it on eBay for like $70.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Not much today...
    Office and Bust a Groove is like $100 profit. A lot more finds than I've had the past week or two haha.

There's a new indoor swap meet I'm going to check out today though, hopefully it brings something good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by darkslime View Post
    Office and Bust a Groove is like $100 profit. A lot more finds than I've had the past week or two haha.
    It's not a profit if I have to sell them to pay bills, now is it?

Besides, I'm bundling the Office 2003 with my copy of 2007; There's a few eBay software resellers that buy stuff from me, and one might be interested. Then he or she can flip it and we're both happy.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

All I came across today were Space Ace and Compton's Encyclopedia, still shrinkwrapped, for the Philips CD-i for $1.99 each. Also, I ended up buying a 13 CD audiobook of Isaac Asimov's Robots Of Dawn, just for the heck of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    b0xwater
    PSN
    is_vigilante

Besides, I'm bundling the Office 2003 with my copy of 2007; There's a few eBay software resellers that buy stuff from me, and one might be interested. Then he or she can flip it and we're both happy.
    I'd just contact sellerandbuyer2007 on eBay, he has bought every single microsoft office product I've sold and now I just send him a message whenever I want to sell one and do it off ebay to save on fees and then i don't have to take pictures of it or anything.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Swap meet findings:

Dreamcast Sonic Adventure 2 and Giga Wing 2-$5 each

PS1 Namco Museum 3, Interactive CD Vol. 4 and JamPack Vol. 2-$3 each. Couldn't turn down 2 demo discs w/ Intelligent Qube & Parappa. The DDR Disney Mix was also $3.

Virtual Boy Japanese Mario Tennis-$10 from a dedicated game seller. Overpaid, but it is complete.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by darkslime View Post
    I'd just contact sellerandbuyer2007 on eBay, he has bought every single microsoft office product I've sold and now I just send him a message whenever I want to sell one and do it off ebay to save on fees and then i don't have to take pictures of it or anything.
    I'm looking at this seller's page... Jesus. Those prices are crazy.

Also, I'm kinda leery about contacting him. Wouldn't it seem kinda fishy?

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was always under the impression that the Student & Teacher edition of Office 2003 has a limited number of installs on it. Is that correct? I have a few I haven't sold because I have no way of telling if the installs have been used or how many have been used.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    I was always under the impression that the Student & Teacher edition of Office 2003 has a limited number of installs on it. Is that correct? I have a few I haven't sold because I have no way of telling if the installs have been used or how many have been used.
    Yes, that's correct. However, some resellers usually have a way of finding out how many installs they have left. They may be authorized Microsoft resellers, for example.

That's why I want to sell these to a reseller.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ryaan1234 View Post
    You can get around that by contacting Microsoft.
    http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/mpa.aspx

Product Activation keeps users from changing or upgrading their hardware.
    Not true at all. Users can change or upgrade their hardware. One of the forms of piracy that Product Activation guards against is hard disk imaging. Not all forms of hard disk imaging are illegal. In the case where a pirate copies data from one PC hard drive to another to illegally run the software on two PCs, Product Activation stops that by forcing the copied software to be reactivated. It does so by comparing the hardware on which it was activated to the hardware on which it is now being booted. If the hardware is substantially different, then reactivation is required. If it is the same or similar, then the software will continue to work. Those who upgrade their PC's hardware substantially may be asked to reactivate. Reactivation for this reason is easy and can be completed by contacting Microsoft to obtain another confirmation ID.
    Just contact Microsoft and explain that your computer died and you had to get a new one to replace it. That should work.

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA_Queen View Post

Sailor Moon S Complete TV Series Boxset for $19.99 (Used) - This SM set and other one listed below were an lucky find at a local pawn shop. Both sets are missing their outer boxes, and the discs show a little wear and tear. However, they have been out of print for five years now, so they're still quite a steal. And yes, they are the official Region 1 sets from Geneon/Pioneer.

Please tell me these will be watched. Love Sailor Moon, but the secondary market prices of the DVDs and pretty much everything else related make me sad. I look forward to the day where one of the Funimation guys throws his hand in the air, and says, "Screw the bootleggers! We have Sailor Moon!". Wouldn't that be swell?
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA_Queen View Post

Very nice. The thinpacks had a period of time when they were still affordable but that too has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailorneorune View Post
    Please tell me these will be watched. Love Sailor Moon, but the secondary market prices of the DVDs and pretty much everything else related make me sad. I look forward to the day where one of the Funimation guys throws his hand in the air, and says, "Screw the bootleggers! We have Sailor Moon!". Wouldn't that be swell?
    Eventually you will see a rerelease on DVD in the USA, may be a few years off still, but it will happen. The value has leveled off thankfully, about $100.00 per season give or take. Of course I sold my translated manga books (my "keep set" the "read set" was sold off years ago before the value peaked) for the $450 I used to buy my Galaxian cocktail table, so I really can't talk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well I came back from my trip to California on Saturday, but all my stuff didn't come until today. I was planning on uploading it with pictures and that junk, but of course my phone breaks and I forget to take the pictures off of it. So instead here's the text only. Yeah I could take photos agin, but I'm lazy. If someone really doesn't believe me I'll give pictures...

Upstart Crow
    Atari Gum - $4
    Mini Chain Chomp - $8
    Mini Yoshi - $5

The first place I bought at was a shop on City Walk. I saw a Kirby plushie and had to stop in. Really didn't like the prices, but I figured I would never see those things again. Of course I saw most of the stuff they sold at other places I went for probably cheaper prices.

Game Dude
    Castlevania III Dracula's Curse (Loose)
    Psycho Fox (CIB plus it is the label error)
    Diddy Kong Racing (With Box, no inserts)
    $51 total

I first made sure to stop at Game Dude since it was the only game store on the retro game map. I also happened to have ordered something from them years ago. It was a good store in terms of inventory and having fair prices, but I didn't care for the environment. It was just way to crowded for my taste. Of course maybe its the area and the fact that it was Saturday afternoon. Otherwise I was happy with my purchases. Diddy Kong Racing I happened to have the instruction booklet for at home from when I used to own the game, so my game is more complete than before.

Aaah's
    UHF Movie Poster
    Star Trek Poster
    (Prices elude me)

I stopped at this place called Aaaah's, which reminded me of Spencer's, as my cousin mentioned that they had some interesting shirts. I passed on the shirts but my dad, brother, and I picked up some posters in the back. The UHF poster looked original as it still had folds in it. The Star Trek Poster was just a nice painting-like picture of all the main crew on the bridge.

Blast from the Past
    Super Mario Bros. (Movie) Iggy Action Figure NIB - $8
    Invader Zim Patch - $3
    Cartoon Cartoons (Comic) #27 - $2.50
    Cartoons Cartoons (Comic) $17 - $2.50
    Animaniacs (Comic) #36 - $2.99
    Animaniacs (Comic) #19 - $3.99

My cousin told had us stop at Blast From the Past as he mentioned it was a collectibles place. It was actually our destination for one of the days we went out. I was hoping to find video games there, but they didn't have any. The closest I got was the Super Mario Bros. action figure, which the guy mentioned having sold one earlier that day to someone who worked on the movie. Unfortunately it was a Koopa action figure. The comics I just got because they seemed interesting and the Zim patch I got be cause I'm a fan of the show.

Frank & Sons Collectible Show
    Sonic CD (CIB) - $15
    Bible Adventures (black, loose) - $5
    Elevator Action (loose) - $3
    Gun.Smoke - $4
    Animaniacs (comic) #13 - $1
    Set of 8 Dragon Ball Z figurines - $10

Frank & Sons was the closest I got to a flea market. The place though was full of a bunch of regular vendors though instead of the garage sale type people who come to flea markets. Still, I did find some interesting things. I feel like I over payed for Sonic CD, but I rarely see it in the wild and have been wanting a copy for a while. One interesting thing I saw was a vendor with two Pioneer Laseractives. They wanted $500 for them, which I guess is fair enough. I also saw my first R.O.B. that day, but it wasn't for sale.

GamePlay
    Sub-Terrania (Loose) - $1.95
    Glover (Loose) - $.95

SpinFusion
    Bomberboy (Import for GB, loose) - $6.95

On my second to last day in California I went to a car museum and after my dad, cousin, and I went to a place to eat that was a bit far away. On the way there I was on the look out for game store and managed to find a few. I went to three, but only bought at the two listed above. Both I think were actually owned by the same people. Sub-Terrrania and Glover I was looking for casually and feel that what I paid was a good price. Bomberboy I just bought because I wanted an import game and that was the cheapest game they had that I would be able to play. It was actually marked Bomberman, but it turned out to be Bomberboy when I plugged it in. Seems like a fun game, a shame it wasn't a Japanese exclusive since it would be nicer to own that...

Anyway, those are all my purchases. I spent a lot, but I'm happy with what I got. Plus my parents helped pay for some of it as my dad pretty much insisted he'd pay. I'll still have to see if I have money for anything I'll find in July.
    I have a sig?

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneDavid View Post
    Very nice. The thinpacks had a period of time when they were still affordable but that too has changed.

Eventually you will see a rerelease on DVD in the USA, may be a few years off still, but it will happen. The value has leveled off thankfully, about $100.00 per season give or take. Of course I sold my translated manga books (my "keep set" the "read set" was sold off years ago before the value peaked) for the $450 I used to buy my Galaxian cocktail table, so I really can't talk.
    That much ? Damn I'll keep an eye for those.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    That much ? Damn I'll keep an eye for those.
    We were talking absolutely mint unread, fresh from the shipping cartons condition for the books. From one collector and moonie to another, so it was a very mutually satisfactory transaction.