Thread: NIB Mario & Yoshi (SMW) "Music Centre" Toy Keyboard

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default NIB Mario & Yoshi (SMW) "Music Centre" Toy Keyboard

Hey guys, I bought this thing years ago (5ish) at Goodwill. They had like 10 of them in stock at the time and I figured, what the heck, I'd buy one (I was just really getting into video game collecting). I haven't found much information about this toy, other than a picture of it on a website. Also, according to Worthpoint one sold on eBay around a year ago, but I can't see how much it went for. It dates from 1995, and oddly enough it refers to SMW as "Super Mario Bros. 4". It's made by a company called Mani and it has an "International Nintendo Licensed Product" seal of quality. I actually have another that was found at my local flea market in beat up shape. It's a rather basic toy, it only has one sound (fake piano) and a few preset nursery rhyme songs and other rhythms. The only interesting thing is that there's a button on Mario's hand that, when pressed, plays a poorly prgrammed monophonic title theme from SMW (Think early 90s cell phone ringtone). It's brand new, never been played with, although I opened it to look at it. I remember mentioning this keyboard on here before, (in the toy thread I think) and someone told me it was worth $150. I don't think it's worth that much . I've had this thing sitting around for years, and I imagine to the right collector this has some value, although I've always wondered if I've been keeping something worth keeping or a big ol' piece of junk all these years.

Here's some more info on it I missed, where it's just listed as a "Mario & Yoshi Piano Keyboard" instead of it's real name (Mario & Yoshi Music Centre).

aaand this (still doubting this assessment)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightram View Post
    I would have bought them all. They're worth about $150 in box.
    Last edited by Ryaan1234; 06-08-2010 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Argh, always typos. And adding some stuff.
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hey, I'm still curious about the value of this one, and I need car money! Anybody have any idea?
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When it comes to video game memorabilia/merch, Nightram is the one to trust. I've never seen this before, but god damn is it cool.