Thread: Why the RGB monitor?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Why the RGB monitor?

Just curious as to why some people are running RGB monitors? I always found that they were too small to get any enjoyment out of them as rarely do you see any that are larger than 25"-27" here in the United States, and most people are running the smaller computer screens. I can understand if you are in Europe and that's what every monitor is. But why are people here in the United States running RGB computer monitors?

I understand that some of you are RGB purists, and that the video quality may be AMAZING, but why? Unless it's sitting up on your computer desk and you are right on it, I don't really see the point.

And why aren't people running Scart/RGB converters more often? I would think that it's cheaper than a monitor + shipping, and not only that but you can convert the signal into component or S-Video onto a larger screen. Is the difference in quality not worth it?

Thanks I have always just been curious about this. Not slamming anyone for using one or anything like that.

Anyone running any RGB hardware/computers on their big screen TV's?
    Last edited by Oldskool; 07-02-2010 at 09:41 AM.