Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eternal Darkness still at Walmart

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Eternal Darkness still at Walmart

The Walmart by me still has 15-20 of them and they want $50 (I was hoping they were like $20) Anyone else still see them in any stores? If so do they still want $50.

Last edited by RPG_Fanatic; 03-11-2012 at 09:33 AM.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

... doesn't that red tag mean it's a clearance game? So it would have a much lower price?
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I don't think I've noticed Eternal Darkness, but the Walmart near me has copies of Armored Core 2 Another Age but no price on them. I thought I'd pick one up so I'd have a new copy but then they rang up at $50 so I told them to forget it.

Low prices my ass. Not just games, but has anyone else noticed that Walmart is high priced on the majority of things? Like a lot of different food products for example. I remember when Walmart was actually low priced, but it just seems that after people got the Walmart being low priced mentality in their head, Walmart jacks up the price and is way above the competitors. People think they're getting a good deal though when 70% of the time they're not.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

A Wal-Mart near me had some PS1 games like a year ago, the only one that stuck out was a "new" Resident Evil 2. I say "new" because the plastic was almost completely gone. Oh, and they wanted $15 for it.

Something that always gets me is that Wal-Mart prices all their games four cents below MSRP. 59.96 for 360 games, 49.96 for new games, etc;

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    I don't think I've noticed Eternal Darkness, but the Walmart near me has copies of Armored Core 2 Another Age but no price on them. I thought I'd pick one up so I'd have a new copy but then they rang up at $50 so I told them to forget it.

Low prices my ass. Not just games, but has anyone else noticed that Walmart is high priced on the majority of things? Like a lot of different food products for example. I remember when Walmart was actually low priced, but it just seems that after people got the Walmart being low priced mentality in their head, Walmart jacks up the price and is way above the competitors. People think they're getting a good deal though when 70% of the time they're not.
    Where else are you going to shop? The locally owned small business shop? *snicker*
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I frequently see copies of Odama lingering at the bottom of Zellers display cases. I think they were $20, last time I checked.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Walmart will never reduce the price on those games. The Walmart near me had new copies of Conker's Bad Fur Day for over $70 for years, they just ended up returning them instead of cutting the price.

I rarely ever buy anything from Walmart except for the disposable type of items that you have to buy regularly, like soap or shampoo. They rarely have sales or lower prices for electronics, I just see sales on new items. I'd rather wait until they go on sale or clearanced from other stores as the prices will be much lower.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Until they closed a couple of years ago, the K-Mart near me still had copies of Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past for SNES going for $29.99.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

Walmart electronics departments all are YMMV. Their limited markdown dollars rarely go to games which eat up much less space than old computers, dvd players, tv's ect that need to be moved to make way for the new stuff. It doesn't help that profit margins are lower on games, and if they don't have other stuff to fill those holes, there is little reason to leave the gaps in their cases.
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Walmart at my area have Pokemon Stadium N64 for $65. I wonder if they do check their old stock.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Tempest 2084
    PSN
    Tempest 2084

Weird! The Walmart by me had Eternal Darkness marked down to $20 last year IIRC. I meant to pick it up, but alas they're gone now.
    --- www.AtariProtos.com ---
    All Your Prototypes Are Belong To Us!

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wish Walmart would come to Europe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    roflaid

Quote Originally Posted by baraka View Post
    I wish Walmart would come to Europe
    Lol so europe can become just like america? fat and lazy, I dont think you do
    League of Legends referral link:
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4be72d0a12a60
    ^^ DotA players click the link ^^

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DeadlyMaple
    PSN
    DeadlyMaple
    Steam
    some.nerd

Sometime in 1998, I found a lone copy of Breath of Fire somehow marked at $4.96. Aside from that singular fluke, Wal-Mart ERY rarely ever discounts their video games.
    I think I saw the Rock Band AC/DC track pack for $20 on clearance once last year, as well as FIFA 2004 for PS1 for a mere $29.96!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

It must really depend upon where you live.

For example, my local Walmart (Calexico, California) will clearance certain games all the way down to $10. ... and if they don't sell, they raise the price to $20 and try to hawk them at that price again. An example of this was Elite Beat Agents, which was being sold for $7 with a DS protective case and such -an aisle away.-

Compare this to the Walmarts in East Tennessee (I was on vacation there last year), which clearance out games regularly. I bought Elite Beat Agents for my nephews there last year for five bucks. They saw the $20 EBAs here and told me about them. Friggin' sad.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Young_Machete

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    It must really depend upon where you live.

For example, my local Walmart (Calexico, California) will clearance certain games all the way down to $10. ... and if they don't sell, they raise the price to $20 and try to hawk them at that price again. An example of this was Elite Beat Agents, which was being sold for $7 with a DS protective case and such -an aisle away.-

Compare this to the Walmarts in East Tennessee (I was on vacation there last year), which clearance out games regularly. I bought Elite Beat Agents for my nephews there last year for five bucks. They saw the $20 EBAs here and told me about them. Friggin' sad.
    It all varies on the Assistant Manager over the department, the Store Manager and (sometimes) how well the store is doing. I got a few good games for a decent price because the then Store Manager allowed the then Assistant Manager over Electronics to drop prices, clearing out the ridiculous over stock we had. There were a few Gamecube games I wanted to grab, but they had since left and the Store Managers after (we had 3 within 2 years, long story) wouldn't approve the price drops, so they were stuck with a bunch of Gamecube games at $50 and eventually just sent them to claims.

You'll very rarely see a game under $20, when you do it's usually a bunch of Wii/DS shovelware that nobody wanted to begin with. Sometimes they'll even break those shovelware 2 packs apart and sell the said games for $20 a piece.
    Last edited by exit; 07-07-2010 at 06:50 PM.

Breaking Bad 3x02 - Caballo Sin Nombre

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Eh? Here in Canada sub-$20 games are often available at Wal-Mart. Henry Hatsworth is often on hand for $10, for instance. I bought Exit DS there once for $5 (it was on sale), and Apollo Justice for $10. (I'd say I was lucky about that second one, but I had actually paid quite a hefty price for my own copy and I only just managed to trade it off - finally! - just recently.)

But maybe that's just Canada.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Jaruff

I've not seen a Gamecube game at a Walmart in years.

My local Walmart does a pretty decent job of marking down games. Mirror's Edge and Red Faction Guerrilla were $10 the last time I went. There were many others for PS3/XBOX 360/Wii in the $15-20 range with some DS games mixed in. Once in a while, there will be one or two PS2 titles marked down to $5.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by exit View Post
    You'll very rarely see a game under $20, when you do it's usually a bunch of Wii/DS shovelware that nobody wanted to begin with. Sometimes they'll even break those shovelware 2 packs apart and sell the said games for $20 a piece.
    I've seen a ton of $20 360 games sell for $10. Stuff like Star Ocean Last Hope, Infinite Undiscovery, and I think I even saw Bioshock.

Bell (Level 8) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

At my local Wal-Mart they have a bunch of PSX sports games for $39.99 a pop .

(And yes, I've spoken to the employees there. Their manager refuses to let them discount them.)
    Check my auctions here! I am in the business of finding off-beat things, including video game stuff!

View my collection!